276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Codependent No More: How to Stop Controlling Others and Start Caring for Yourself

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Maybe, by sharing these thoughts, someone else might be inspired to read this book and better themselves as well. The tools that I have learned through this novel have allowed me to have the strength to turn my life around. Despite that, I believe this workbook is a helpful resource for anyone looking into 12 step programs independently as it is very clear and concise.

The book contains many quotes from the Twelve Step model and makes many references to God and a Higher Power. Next, the codependent tries to figure out how to cope with a situation that is not their fault and they have no control over. Ir tada jie ir jos dalyvauja tame, ką Berne'as pavadintų alkoholiko žaidimu: vienas svaiginasi, kitas jį "gydo" ir įgalina. I now have a better understanding of codependent behavior, and this book has not only verified what I believed, it has also allowed me to check myself for codependent behaviors.After years of focusing on the other people in their lives, they had no clue what they themselves were feeling. Some of the examples they share of codependent behaviors describe both dependable and codependent behaviors.

N. Gray, and one of my favorite speeches, The Common Denominator of Success, “it is easier to adjust ourselves to the hardships of a poor living than it is to adjust ourselves to the hardships of making a better one. And this is a major topic missed in this book: acknowledging the options for others who have different beliefs, or who are unsure of their beliefs, and how this can apply to them.

So she reminds us, over and over, that the path to recovery, sanity, and happiness starts with minding our own business and taking care of ourselves. Discuses goal setting, thinking clearly, and how to begin to understand yourself as YOU see yourself not as others define you. In 2009, Newsweek named Codependent No More one of the four most essential self-help books of all time. So far, it's feeling fabulous and I think it is helping me to be more charitable toward others, rather than less charitable.

Instead of scrolling through your social media news feed, this is a much better way to spend your spare time in my opinion. They will be able to sense inherently that their boundaries are being infringed on in a subtle and destructive manner.

D., in her book Mindset, which says, “the belief that partners have the potential for change should not be confused with the belief that the partner will change. I am fully aware that this is a book that one will need to go through multiple times - for the reminders and the activities - but that's recovery; either from codependency, depression, anxiety - really - any mental illness, or a tough chapter. Maybe some people would be able to just "stop" doing codependent behaviours - and kudos to them if they can! Whatever the answer, my New Year's Resolution is to stop worrying about other people and learn to love and accept myself. That’s because, just like alcoholism, codependency is a progressive condition that doesn’t get better on its own;it only gets worse.

The cultural phenomenon that has helped heal millions of readers, this modern classic holds the key to understanding codependency and unlocking its hold on your life. I picked them up at the library after hearing the term codependent used in The Emotionally Abusive Relationship. While the 13 steps are good, and the activities in the first few chapters were insightful (writing my history, working a step) I just don't feel like it's resonating with me. I am not a person who likes tough love, and it was a very hard to keep reading this book when it felt like I was being torn apart.It’s completely wrong to base your happiness on things or other people, especially if the needs of others represent the axis around which your life spins. But, the heart of the definition and arecovery lies not in the 'other person'---no matter howmuch we believe it does. Many codependents, at some time in their lives, were true victims—of someone’s abuse, neglect, abandonment, alcoholism, or any number of situations that can victimize people.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment