276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Evan Williams Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey | 70cl | 43% ABV | Extra Aged | Black Label | Award Winning

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Let’s say you want to lean away from the middle of the road and into peaty whisky territory. You aren’t going to find a peaty, smoky, drinkable Scotch Whisky cheaper than Shieldaig Highland Peaty Single Malt. Although it’s origins are unknown, it’s a single malt from somewhere in the Highlands and it costs the same as bargain buys like Cutty Sark. The flagship bourbon of Evan Williams is produced in Heaven Hill Distillery, and it is aged longer than required by law. The Jim Beam was less bourbon’y, with the oak and vanilla notes being less prominent. However, the sweetness was more caramel, and the taste was a bit more complex. It also had a bit more of a pepper bite.

Take a close look at the Bourbon in your Glass and you’ll notice “distinctive flavor notes” like caramel, cold brew coffee, dark chocolate, and citrus. I think the nose is a lot more inviting in comparison to their Single Barrel counterpart which can be a bit sharp from the rye. However, it was very one dimensional and had raw alcohol notes that were not pleasant. The sweetness was also more corn syrup and less warming caramel. Heaven Hill’s Evan Williams brand has been budget-priced and widely distributed for several years, but that hasn’t undercut the substantial quality of what the distillery is crafting out of their Louisville campus. Their standard Evan Williams Single Barrel Bourbon is a textbook example of an excellent single barrel bourbon at a great price. Evan Williams Bottled in Bond doesn’t normally need all of that exposition behind it. It’s a bourbon that many of my bourbon drinking friends associate with an easy drinker for a great price.Finish: Some of the graininess subside on the finish leaving behind more Payday candy bar notes. I can even taste some chocolate after a brief pause. The chocolate helps highlight some oak on the finish too. The finish is uncomplicated and just sweet enough to remember the last sip as an enjoyable affair. Score: 5.5/10 If any provision of these Terms is held invalid, the remainder of the Terms shall continue in full force and effect. a b Sarah Shadburne (May 5, 2021). "Evan Williams releases first bourbon from Downtown micro-distillery". BizJournals.com (Llouisville) . Retrieved December 6, 2022. Without water: HOT! The hottest 100 proof BiB I ever tasted, quite a bite on the ol' tongue and it masked whatever flavor it gave. I usually like over-proof whiskeys, but this one was a tad aggressive, even for me, so I added a tablespoon of water. B and B-: Good and above average. The best of the mass market whiskeys fit in this category, as do the bulk of the premium brands. A B- is three stars.

Peters, Josh (September 21, 2015). "Evan Williams Bourbon Review". The Whiskey Jug . Retrieved November 24, 2015. I just bought my second bottle of this stuff and I love it. I live in BC, Canada, and Evan Williams isn’t widely available. They do however sell it exclusively in my city at one liquor store. I find it sooo much better than other budget bourbons like Jim Beam. Like night and day. I’ve been using it to make old fashioned’s and have not been disappointed. Does alright on it’s own too. I figured coming into this review that Evan Williams Bottled in Bond wasn’t going to catch me off guard with amazing levels of complexity or flavors. Sure enough, what I found was a no-nonsense bottle that delivered an amped-up experience from the regular Evan Williams Small Batch 1783 bottle. You are responsible for all activities through your account. You are responsible for the accuracy of the information you provide to us in relation to your account, and for updating it where necessary. You are not allowed to create multiple accounts. We may terminate or temporarily suspend your account to protect you, ourselves or our partners from (suspected) identity theft or other (suspected) fraudulent (e.g. false, misleading, deceptive) activity. You have the obligation to keep your login credentials confidential. You shall not authorize any others to use or access your account. While bottled in lower proof than other Evan Williams core expressions, it delivers a rich and smooth taste and aroma.Even if you don’t know the name you would have seen the distinctive Maker’s Mark bottle–a square bottle with the red wax seal. A bourbon of exceptional quality, it is an easy-drinking dram with strong sweet vanilla, caramel and some nutty notes. Approx. Rs4,600 for 750ml in Mumbai Woodford Reserve Distiller’s Select Wow, thank you very much, you made my night! I always write from experience and since I’ve never mowed arugula I can’t use it (but if I ever do expect that note… and a story). It has impressive brown sugar, oak, and caramel notes on the palate and a remarkable long and lingering finish. 4. Evan Williams Green Label

Dark sweets like caramel and butterscotch pair up with some notes of vanilla frosting and corn to start things off. Hints of dark fruit, red licorice and spice soon shows up and a light touch of woody astringency arrives fashionably late. The 7 year is a nice, spicy bourbon that stands out among the crowd of young, sweet bourbons that are currently dominating the shelves. The 7 years is bottled in a bond which means it meets all of the legal requirements to be considered a bonded bourbon. During this time frame, Heaven Hill was proud to release ultra-premium ultra-aged products like this one. It was only until the mid-90’s that Heaven Hill started producing younger bourbons for survival purposes. a b c d e f Robare, Matthew M. (March 10, 2011). "Honey whiskey leaves drinkers buzzing". The Massachusetts Daily Collegian . Retrieved January 7, 2011.It is between 5-7 years old. The Evan Williams’ mash bill is 78% corn, 12% malted barley and 10% rye. It retails for R250 in SA, and I see that there is some available at WhiskyBrother&Co. Over on THIS blog post I explored more comparisons with other Evan Williams releases.

I couldn’t agree more! While whisky global liquor giants use the term ‘prestige’ to describe Scotch whiskies above a certain age, the fact is that there are an ample number of bourbons too that qualify for this term. But let’s first look at what a true bourbon is as per the guidelines set by the US Code of Federal Regulations: On the palate, it has strong caramel and vanilla. Moreso, we like the sweet oak finish. 3. Evan Williams 1783 Small Batch The holiday is fast approaching; nothing special is like a glass of ready-to-pour Christmas bourbon. It was not difficult to choose the one I prefer. Even in our blind tasting, the difference between the Jim Beam and the Evan Williams is noticeable. The Evan Williams is more bourbon-y, meaning that it has the expected textbook bourbon notes that I was looking for with toasted wood and vanilla.

White Heat

Yes, Evan Williams is a good sipping bourbon. It has a balanced flavor profile, and it is sweet and smooth. It has vanilla and caramel notes from the bourbon, but it has a fruity finish and soft spices from the maraschino cherries. Each year, Evan Williams honors U.S. military veterans through its American-Made Heroes program by sharing individual inspiring stories and producing limited-edition bottles. In 2020, it expanded the program with the American-Made Heroes Foundation Fund. The mission of the foundation is to raise public awareness for causes impacting the veteran community, and to support nonprofit organizations that provide aid to veterans and their families in the wake of Covid-19.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment