276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Milk Blood Heat: stories

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Adrian’s father, the notorious heroin smuggler, Warren Fellows, author of ‘The Damage Done,’ risked himself, his youth, and his family, for short-term gain … and lost. Blood in breast milk is just one of several symptoms associated with mastitis (inflammation of the breast tissue). A fresh feel for the intensity and contradictions of girlhood sings across tough stories… The prose is pretty, but it punishes.

It’s a depressingly honest book about addiction and poverty (with the aforementioned supernatural twist).

Like Danielle Evans and Lauren Groff, Moniz is unafraid to expose the darkened corners of the Sunshine State, and of female desire.

Over zichzelf, over zijn reizen en werk, over zijn moeder (waar hij het niet kan nalaten om te eindigen met de boel naar zich toe te trekken met de uitspraak dat hij net zo dapper is als zij).It received renewed interest when the shortcomings of the blood bank system were discovered during the Vietnam conflict.

At the very least, we can say with confidence that life is much better — less hairy — for sick people in the 21st century than in the 19th. The author's willingness to forgive and move on is admirable and he doesn't stop trying until he's exhausted every avenue. There’s something about this book that excites me, about the possibility of form and collections that take on different modes while still feeling cohesive. Moniz has crafted a stunning debut collection of stories with living, pinprickly prose, like a hot Florida day or a finger traced up the back… at once otherworldly and completely real.I had to think about that element of the novella for a while before deciding that was my overall reaction, which speaks to Milk-Blood's main strength: how thought provoking it is. Volgens Adrian’s eigen filosofie ben je ofwel een goede verhalenverteller, of heb je een heel erg uitzonderlijk verhaal te vertellen.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment