276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Weslandia

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I was very very VERY excited to read this book, after reading what the premise of the story was about and seeing other favorable reviews.

Wes creates his own culture and the story does a fantastic job of showing how one small effort can lead to multiple discoveries and many new experiences. The plant, which he names "swist", provides him with a food source, and allows him to build shelter, tools, and even create his own entertainment and inspires Wesley to create his own writing system. I'm not trying to be a band-wagoner, but if something seems to be working, why not at least give it a try? His efforts are successful, and instead of being a social outcast, he gains a group of followers made up of his former grade-school tormentors. It is based on a number of predictors - average sentence length, average word length and word difficulty level.Yourself and Bob are much cherished in our booky world and I personally really appreciate everything that you do. There was just the right amount of choice to suit everyone without being overwhelming and I received comments from parents and staff about the quality of books offered compared to previous sales which have always been based around current crazes and well known celebrity authors. Soon, the children of the neighborhood are less interested in picking on Wesley and more interested in participating in Weslandia.

It begins with children creating a shelter for their own civilisation, as a hook to create engagement with the text. If you are confident to support your class in talking honestly and safely about how they feel, then try an exclusion role play. Why on earth would a child want to read about something as dull as growing plants and making clothing? The following table shows the ATOS score and the percentage of children who should be able to read the text in each year group. He’s learned that each civilization needs a staple food crop, so he decides to sow a garden and start his own — civilization, that is.I really enjoyed how the puzzle of his land fit in place with all of the new creations Wesley did, the art of this book was very vivid in color and well executed. Wesley encourages his unknown crop, tending it until he’s able to experiment with what it may offer him. When I was younger, I was a geek like Wesley and summer holidays were usually as fun-filled as watching paint dry. For a picture book this story covers a lot of science in a few words accompanied by creative and enticing illustrations.

He’s learned that each civilization needs a staple food crop, so he decides to sow a garden and start his own - civilization, that is.

There’s a comic book, ‘Honey, I Shrunk the Kids’ look to his illustrations, emphasised by the variety of perspectives offered. Your selection was perfect for our children and what really made the difference was your ability to engage with each child, discuss their interests and help them to choose a suitable book based on your extensive knowledge of the books you were selling. If I drop the -ed and add the final e back on, the base word is inspire, which means “to fill with a thought or feeling. We understand that not everyone can donate right now, but if you can afford to contribute, we promise it will be put to good use. Wesley wonderfully exhibits a "project based learning" lifestyle inside his self created garden-world - something we as homeschoolers gladly embrace.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment