276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Queen's Gambit: Soon To Be a Major Motion Picture, FIREBRAND (The Tudor Trilogy, 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Elizabeth Fremantle (born 1962) is an English novelist and teacher of Creative Writing. Her published works include Queen's Gambit (2013), The Girl in the Glass Tower (2016) and the critically acclaimed thriller The Poison Bed (2018). Simon Russell Beale (Operation Mincemeat) plays Bishop Stephen Gardiner, Erin Doherty ( Chloe ) features as poet Anne Askew, while Ruby Bentall ( Industry ), Bryony Hannah ( Call the Midwife ) and Amr Waked (Ramy) also appear. Is there a trailer for Firebrand? Not yet! But expect to see one soon as a release strategy comes together.

The Tudor Trilogy by Elizabeth Fremantle - Goodreads

When Villiers decides to claim his son against Hester's wishes, the sisters find themselves almost friendless and at his mercy. But the women hold a grave secret. The question is, will what they know be their undoing or their salvation? What is Firebrand about?Based on the novel by Elizabeth Fremantle titled Queen's Gambit (no relation to the Netflix series), Firebrand examines the period of Tudor England in which Catherine Parr became queen consort to an ageing King Henry VIII.After leaving school aged sixteen Fremantle worked in a variety of jobs before embarking on a career in journalism. She worked as a fashion editor for ELLE UK followed by British Vogue and then in France for Vogue Paris. The new edition – Firebrand – will be published to tie in with the release of the film adaptation by Penguin in the UK and Simon & Schuster in the US."For this new edition," Elizabeth says,"I have not altered my original narrative, rather I have polished it, tidied the writing and honed the style. I have also given the text room to breathe by separating it into more chapters and dividing the whole into four parts. Since Queen’s Gambit was published, I have written six more historical novels and my craft has developed as my knowledge as a writer has broadened. So I hope this editorial work has added clarity and fluency." The cast also includes Sam Riley (Rebecca) and Eddie Marsan ( The Power ) as Thomas and Edward Seymour – brother and father of Jane, Henry's third wife, who died in childbirth after giving him his much-wanted son.

Elizabeth Fremantle - Wikipedia

A number of films have captured the imagination of movie buffs at this year's Cannes Film Festival, with Tudor drama Firebrand among the buzziest projects at the event. Forcibly seduced by the powerful George Villiers, doctor's daughter Hester is cast aside to raise their illegitimate son alone and in secret, hoping to never see his father again. Her fourth novel, The Girl in the Glass Tower is about Lady Arbella Stuart, who was for a time the presumed heir to Elizabeth I of England. Her fifth novel, a Jacobean psychological thriller, The Poison Bed, was published in 2018. Her sixth novel, The Honey and the Sting is a domestic thriller about three sisters trying to outrun the danger from a family secret. Her work has been translated into ten languages. Young Hope's beauty marks her out, drawing unwelcome attention to the family. yet she cannot always resist others' advances. And her sisters cannot always be on their guard.

The film rights to Queen's Gambit was acquired by Baby Cow Productions and a feature film premiered at Cannes Film Festival in May 2023, directed by Karim Aïnouz and produced by Gabrielle Tana at Magnolia Mae productions. Alicia Vikander stars as Katherine Parr and Jude Law plays Henry VIII. The film will chronicle her torment at the hands of the cruel monarch, as well as the strength of her will to avoid the death sentence handed to both Anne Boleyn and Catherine Howard. Following a buzzy premiere at the Cannes Film Festival 2023, it's likely we'll hear more about their wide release plan soon, with potential that it could come towards the end of the year to capitalise on awards season.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment