276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Happiness for Beginners

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The next day, they all relax and chat and when dusk falls, Helen seeks out Jake who has departed from the group in the woods. They introduce themselves and 40ish Helen discovers she's one of the eldest participants, which fellow older hiker Hugh happily points out. So when her annoying younger brother, Duncan, convinces her to sign up for a hardcore wilderness survival course in the backwoods of Wyoming - she hopes it’ll be exactly what she needs. I couldn’t help but root for the young guy to win the slightly older, slightly more jaded woman’s heart, and Katherine Center makes the whole thing, from beginning to end, a fun ride. There are books you love, and then there are books that make you resent the rest of your life for preventing you from reading.

Happiness For Beginners: Now a Netflix romantic comedy!

Jake and Helen are fantastic, the plot is well-balanced and easy to follow, and the side characters are entertaining and realistic. These two obviously mismatched people end up on a Cheryl Strayed type hike (kind of) in an effort to find themselves. I might just have to get myself my own copy of this little masterpiece just in case I change my mind and decide do a do-over.It’s about second chances and starting over, the feeling of not fitting in but finding out you do in your own way, the wilderness, falling in love in unexpected places, and family.

Happiness for Beginners by Katherine Center | Goodreads

What she didn’t count on was that her younger brother’s best friend, Jake, was also going on the same trip. Lastly, they should have kept Beckett's original monologue, it was so good I wrote it out at the time *ahem*: "I'm sorry human beings are such a blight. Ani Right has written an uplifting, no nonsense approach to steer the reader into a better perspective on life and the world. We all struggle with knowing what to do and how to be happy and this book will help us to always be on the happy road. From her reflections, I reflect on my own thoughts, life and happiness, and I get inspired to exercise my appreciation.They will continue their lives in the same pattern of negativity and despair, afraid and unwilling to change. There are some authors or novels that I will struggle to connect with because the authors hide behind their words and I can’t feel or see them. Helen sets off on a wilderness-survival course and, to her surprise, finds that her little brother’s friend, who has long had a crush on her, has come along, too.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment