276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Murders at Fleat House: A compelling mystery from the author of the million-copy bestselling The Seven Sisters series

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It would make a great start to a series but unfortunately Lucinda Riley, best known for her historical fiction, sadly died last year and this was published posthumously with the help of her son. Jazz is likeable and relatable, and her ex is a total tosser who irritated me, but his presence gave Jazz the closure she needed to move to the next chapter in her life! Lo que más me ha gustado de este libro ha sido que apenas ha sido editado, es decir, que prácticamente uno está leyendo el manuscrito que un día esta autora escribió y nunca publicó.

Mientras el personal del colegio cierra filas y la nieve comienza a cubrirlo todo Jazz se da cuenta de que esta podría ser la más complicada investigación de su carrera. As snow covers the landscape and another suspect goes missing, Jazz must also confront her personal demons . In the past couple of months I’ve tried reading this twice, and have been unable to make it past the first chapter, and I couldn’t understand why, as everything about it sounded right up my alley. The book actually reminded me strongly of the Anglian Murders series– which is set in the 70s- with both really selling it on the small town, gritty kind of crime fiction subgenre. The author is a household name for fans of historical fiction, but The Murders At Fleat House is her first foray into crime fiction and it is so painful to know that she wouldn’t be able to continue writing this genre as her central protagonist DI Jazz Hunter seems like someone who needs a series by her own.Overall it was a pretty disppointing read and it´s such a shame with how good the idea of the book seemed to be.

Diving into the school’s history as well as Charlie’s family history, Jazz realises that Charlie’s family estate (to which there is now no heir) is connected to the school and the possibility of a secret illegitimate child. Fleat House of the St Stephen’s boarding school finds itself at the center of mayhem when a child is discovered dead in his room.

These skills certainly serve her well in The Murders at Fleat House and make for an interesting story.

Una muerte que investigar y una serie de personajes que iremos conociendo a lo largo de los capítulos. About the book: “The Murders at Fleat House is a suspenseful and utterly compelling crime novel from the multi-million copy global bestseller, Lucinda Riley.

The Murders At Fleat House is the author at her best, weaving a crime thriller in the past to the events in the present. Si no hay raíces, el ADN extraíble es el mitocondrial, el que se hereda exclusivamente por vía materna. DISCLOSURE: Thank you to AuthorBuzz via Netgalley for providing a digital ARC of The Murders at Fleat House by Lucinda Riley for review. Now this manuscript has been released the world as The Murders at Fleat House, a twisty police procedural mystery. Overall I really loved this novel, with it blending together some of my favourite aspects from the crime fiction genre.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment