276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Amika Blowout Babe Thermal Brush

£29.395£58.79Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In her video, Raimo says she likes the Amika brush even better than the Dyson Airwrap, which is the tool I use to style my hair most often. When she showed one side of her hair done with the thermal brush and compared it to the other side that was air-dried, the contrast was astounding.

The cord on this is disappointing. It feels like a cheap lamp cord from the 50's. Very thin. This is always worrisome on hair tools since they tend to draw a lot of current, but also because they tend to break internally and cause the whole thing to fail. That is, if it worked in the first place. Also it has a swivel, but the swivel is poorly designed so unless you're holding the brush at a specific angle it won't twirl. Haley received a B.A. in Journalism from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and honed her sifting and winnowing skills at The Daily Cardinal. She previously covered politics for The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, investigated exotic pet ownership for Wisconsin Watch, and blogged for some of your favorite reality stars. For my needs, this product has been absolutely wort the splurge. However, if you're looking for a blow-dryer brush that can dry and style your hair at the same time, this probably isn't the product for you. If you've been looking for an easy way to style your hair after it's been air-dried, or the perfect way to cut down on frizz, then IMO, this tool is priceless. Where Is the Amika Blowout Babe Thermal Brush Available?Once the brush is hot, grab a piece of hair about the width of the barrel. Starting at the top, brush it through your hair a few times to smooth the strands, then wrap the hair around the barrel. Hold it in place for a few seconds until you see a curl starting to form. Featuring a thermal ceramic barrel and ion generator, the Blowout Babe Thermal Brush emits far-infrared heat and negative ions for faster, healthier styling with the ultimate in smooth, shiny, frizz-free results. Ready And Able - an easy grip, 9 foot 360° swivel cord made of heat-proof, up to 450ºF (232ºC), fabric and a professional hook makes use and storage simple. Temperature regulation/heat settings: The Airwrap itself measures its temperature over 40 times a second to ensure it never ventures beyond 302 degrees Fahrenheit. (Your hair's keratin strands typically start weakening when exposed to heat above the 300-degree mark, Dyson says.) The only tool we tested that isn't comparable in this sense is the One-Step, but it does have multiple heat settings so you don't have to default to a constant blast of ends-scorching air. With a TikTok tutorial at the ready on my phone, I grabbed the tool and glided it through my hair. The bristles untangled any leftover knots while the warmth of the barrel smoothed away frizz. Honestly, I could have run it through my hair a few times and left it at that, but I was bent on achieving ’90s-era Cindy Crawford volume.

After testing the Dyson Airwrap and testing the Shark Flexstyle (and along with a few other dupes on the market), we can definitively say that the Shark FlexStyle is the best hot air styler for most people.For beginners, the round brush styling will take some getting used to, but once you do, the 1.5-inch barrel provides plenty of bounce and volume (and is still small enough to work well on shoulder length hair). You probably won't be able to achieve straight up curls, but waves are definitely in the cards. The brush also has a special negative ion mode that provided noticeable smoother looks than any blowout we got using hot air. Getting a smooth and sleek look was only made easier by the fact that thermal brushes won't blow around already styled sections when you're touching up. It’s why I was a little nervous as the Blowout Babe sat warming on my bathroom counter. I worried it would be too hot or that the round brush would tangle in my hair — but I’m happy to report none of that happened. In fact, it couldn’t have been easier to use. The brand recommends using the product in a few different ways. To achieve a blowout, use the brush like a typical round brush and blow dryer combination, just without the blow dryer. If you're looking to add more shine or volume to your hair, they suggest sliding the on/off button all the way up until it glows red, which activates the negative ion generator. Essentially, two types of hot brushes exist: One that combines brush bristles with heated plates and the other with hot airflow. “In both cases, the bristles help to separate your hair into smaller strands and straighten them more effectively,” says Monica Davis, a professional hairstylist and founder of the blog My Straightener. There are two kinds of hot brushes: Ones that use hot air and ones that use a hot plate. UPDATE: Aug. 25, 2023, 5:00 a.m. EDT After conducting additional testing, we've added a new Dyson Airwrap alternative to this review —the amika Blowout Babe thermal brush.

ready and able - an easy grip, 9 foot 360° swivel cord made of heat-proof, up to 232ºc, fabric and a professional hook makes use and storage simple. Heat resistant handle, cool tip design and lightweight body - to guarantee easy, comfortable and safe styling. The bristles have absolutely no density to them. Some of the giant holes in the barrel only have one or two bristles in them, and it's not enough to properly grab your hair to hold it against the barrel. My hair is fine and this won't grab it at all.

Revlon One-Step Volumizer Hot Air Brush

Before I got started my air-dried hair was wavy, slightly frizzy, and a little bit flat. After using the thermal brush, it had way more bounce and movement. The whole process took about 20 minutes, which wasn’t that bad of an investment for the babelicious pay-off. The Verdict Mashable reporters spent at least 10 hours hands-on testing each of the hair tools featured in this guide. In addition, Mashable Shopping Reporter Bethany Allard also spent countless hours reviewing the Airwrap and Flexstyle. Of course, you're going to make some sacrifices at this price point. While Shopping Reporter Bethany Allard didn't find the One-Step too heavy to hold for longer periods of time, as many TikTokers have, she did note that it's big and bulky to store. Its name is also a little misleading: You're going to fry your ends if you use it without partially pre-drying your hair first, so there's technically more than one step in the styling process.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment