276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Cane Dance Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

My personal philosophy is that it isn't always bad if something looks like a magician's prop. Magicians are _supposed_ to have a few esoteric pieces of apparatus that the audience accepts as having magic properties, ranging from a magic wand in legerdemain to an athanor in historical alchemy to a magic lamp or magic ring in stories and legends. Then there was the so-called "ultimate dancing cane" that was made of cardboard with a diameter roughly equal to the diameter of those primary grade pencils kids use in kindergarten and first grade. The Vortex/Kitty Wrench (3)– where two leviwands are attached to each other, not directly attached to the practitioner I'd recommend anyone who's interested in a dancing cane to speak to Mike and if possible to visit his studio. There is absolutely no way I would have ever got the amount of info on the cane from buying online and I can't thank Mike enough for his time and guidance. I came away having spend less than HALF of what I anticipated spending and again, a huge thumbs up for magic SHOPS.

I have seen some fabulous Dancing Cane performances, and it had nothing to do with the Cane, it was the performer and his work. There was a dancing cane sold in the mid-60's--as far as I know, the only dancing cane I can remember from those days--that was a two-piece plastic cane. The knob was made of wood. The lower half of the cane had a wooden peg with a slot in it. This lower half would be inserted into the top half to complete the cane. I've always been curious about who manufactured and distributed that cane. Does this cane sound familiar to anyone?What is your motivation for doing a dancing cane? Are you (like me) an elderly character who dreams his cane into flight? Or are you a Fred Astaire, needing a dancing partner as part of a romantic set leading into transforming the cane into a real girl/boy? How do you react when the cane "comes to life" ans what does your face look like when it goes out of sight? There wasn't a David Mann cane available which has been recommended by Lash. No offence, but I would disagree with Lash on the number of points that he made. From what I hear it's a very well made cane but it needs quite a bit of balancing work which will add more weight.

David Copperfield, a renowned magician, demonstrating his dancing cane skills. Why are there different names? However, if you take a look at David Copperfield's routine on youtube at approximately 0:34 seconds into the routine atIf it is a normal looking cane that glows in the dark, then it is only painted with fluorescent paint which anyone can do with the paint products on the market. If you know how fluorescent works, you will then know you need control of all the stage and house lights in a theater to use this feature. If you perform in venues that you can control all the lighting, then you will get some good responses from the audience when you lower the lights. A collaborative video showing different kinds of leviwands and styles. It comes in different styles. Dancing Cane, Dancing Putters, Dancing Wands, Dancing Brooms, Dancing Candles -- etc. all have a common problem. Too easy to do -- very hard to do well and know when to stop.

I ended up buying what Mike himself uses which is a Fantasio cane that Mike showed me how to tailor to myself. It's as light as the Mikrame (which was the lightest) and a fraction of the cost and once set up it's PERFECTLY balanced. Mike took me through the set up of how to do this and it took about 30 minutes to set up, including the time to find what I needed. I have to say that even without watching the DVD (that I also bought) the cane was dancing straigt away and I'm chuffed to bits. Yes, there are magicians who might carry the prop bit too far... but even then a comedy presentation might make the exaggeration/absurdity acceptable, as in the Clayton Rawson Thought Projector routine that imbues an eggbeater (aka Little Wonder Double-Action Oscillating Thought Projector) with magical properties. A magic wand is obviously a magician's prop, but the audience accepts it as something that "comes with the territory." Cups and balls are also pretty obviously magicians' props. Linking rings are obvious magicians' props. The giant watches that Richard Ross produced in his FISM-award winning act are "magicians' props." The balls that magicians produce between their fingers are props.

Anyone know of a dancing broom? A prototype is being worked on for me, but if there's already one on the market, no need to reinvent the wheel...any suggestions?" Next came the Makrame cane and boy, what a stunning cane that is - but at a price. It was so light that you felt that it would float on it's own and the quality and craftsmanship was something to behold.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment