276°
Posted 20 hours ago

XGIMI Horizon Pro 4K Projector 1500 ISO Lumens, Android TV 10 Movie Projector with Integrated Harman Kardon Speaker, Auto Keystone& Focus,ISA Technology,Wireless Casting WiFi Bluetooth Home Theater

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The throw distances above are estimations and may differ in actual usage scenarios. Adjustments required are based on your specific living space dimensions and conditions. While we would appreciate a slightly greater spread of sound, the speakers themselves are reasonably loud and clear, with enough punch and weight behind them to provide an adequately cinematic-sounding experience. Plugging a soundbar using the eARC port does enhance the audio experience, but for occasional use, the built-in speakers are acceptable. I hope that XGimi follows suit with LG and adds eARC to one of those HDMI connections so that people can just use a speakerbar or a surround system and get ease of use (more or less) with high quality surround sound on a single cable connection. This should really be standard on all projectors at this point. There’s a brightness strobing issue with certain movies. I’m seeing this on Criterion Channel and for now assuming it’s an interpolation issue. But it makes these movies unwatchable. Reached out to Xgimi, and will update when they reply. With built-in AI, the Horizon Pro detects objects in the way of the projected image (such as shelves or pictures) and scales the image to fit, keeping your viewing experience uninterrupted.

Compatible with HDR10 and HLG formats, the Horizon Pro is the ideal projector for getting the best out of your movies, games and TV broadcasts. HDR10 and HLG deliver greater brightness and contrast, for a truly life-like picture. These technologies work seamlessly to deliver a more natural picture on the big screen. Brightness (light output) will vary depending on usage conditions. White light output measured in accordance with ISO 21118. The nominal value represents the average value of mass production and is tested under ideal laboratory conditions in the performance mode/high power mode.

Connections

Top tip. Xgimi have included a tripod mount so positioning is super easy. They also sell a table top mount that's pricey but oozes style. Brightness. The brightest light mode on the XGIMI Horizon Pro is Performance, which I measured at 1,521 ANSI lumens in Movie image mode. It adds a distinctive green tint to the image. The Bright brightness setting is 78.8% that of Performance at 1,199 ANSI lumens. Standard, Eye Protection, and Custom all measured basically the same—around 74.5% of the brightness of Performance, or 1,133 ANSI lumens. Color and white brightness were virtually equal with color brightness only off by 1.45%. If you use the Xgimi with extensive key stone you get a slanting light outline several ft around the image. This is natural to DLP so cannot be removed and Xgimi don't provide a shutter restriction to counter this. I've got used to it. It powers on and boots into Android TV in about 45 seconds, or less than five seconds from standby.

For crisp, dynamic sound, built in, who better than audio experts Harman Kardon to deliver. Bespoke stereo speakers produce punchy and spacious sound. Combined with DTS Studio Sound Technology, you get an immersive surround sound effect for enveloping sound. As an Android user, the seamless integration with Android products is a huge plus. I can effortlessly cast content from my Android devices to the projector, creating a hassle-free and enjoyable viewing experience. It's like having a giant screen for my favorite apps and media. With some of the most powerful and intuitive set-up features, UHD 4K resolution, bright imaging and Harman Kardon sound, switching from TV to projector has never been so easy – or so much fun! A 150 inch screen is easy to obtain, making the picture 4x the size of a 75 inch TV. For larger spaces, the screen size can expand right the way up to 300 inches.

If you want to hold out for a 4K room-to-room projector that has it all—including fine image quality for HDR10 as well as for SDR and Dolby Vision—you might want to consider a 1080p model like the Epson Mini EF12 or the Xgimi Horizon to tide you over until one's available. Between those two, the EF12 is guaranteed to be free of rainbow artifacts due its three-chip design. But it doesn't include 3D support, while the Horizon supports 3D, but shows rainbows. What I like the most is how easy it is to set up and use the Horizon Ultra — that makes a huge difference if you're thinking of using this as a semi-portable projector. XGIMI did a standout job combining hardware sensors with the software, and the ability to dynamically shift colors based on the viewing surface is a huge addition. The Autofocus has been flawless (when I trigger it manually, the automaticity triggered autofocus on startup was not great and I turned it off). I don’t use the keystone corrections or digital zoom, so no comment.

Featuring twin HDMI connections, two USBs and more, it’s easy to get all your components connected to the Horizon Pro. Dual-band wi-fi and Bluetooth are on hand for wireless casting and music streaming. You can even plug in your headphones or connect to your home cinema, using the 3.5mm and optical digital outputs. I think Xgimi took a good deal of care in the hardware and software design, it takes thoughtful engineering to make something this complicated work well and easy to use. It feels like they are aiming at the finesse and polish of an Apple product, and they are very close.With some of the features of a portable projector, combined with the size and light performance of a home cinema projector, the XGIMI Horizon is a fun projector that you can move around the house or take with you easily enough. The projector's autofocus feature is nothing short of magic. It saves me the hassle of manual adjustments and ensures that every image is razor-sharp and perfectly aligned. It's a small but invaluable convenience that enhances the overall viewing experience. XGIMI's new flagship 4K lifestyle projector, the Horizon Pro, includes a bunch of advanced setup features that make it easy to just put it on a table, point it at a wall and start it up. Paired with the Android TV interface, it’ll have you watching in seconds. hours is the theoretical lifespan of the light source. The actual lifespan may vary due to differences in environmental conditions, product usage, and the mode selected.

I can’t stress enough how significant streaming bandwidth has been to the image quality. It may be obvious that quality of the output can’t be better than quality of the input, but this is the first projector I’ve used as a TV and it took a few experiments to realize just how important internet speed is to performance, especially with a large image.Comments about the Horizon Ultra's brightness are complicated by an Environment Adaptation feature that uses an auto iris and other techniques to adjust brightness for the ambient light in the room and, according to the menu option, "increases the brightness and color adjustment ranges to adapt to a bright light environment." Regardless, according to the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) recommendations, the rated 2,300 ISO lumens (equivalent to ANSI lumens) would be enough to light up a 220-inch diagonal, 1.0-gain, 16:9 screen in a dark room. While we appreciate this simplicity and understand the appeal for casual projector users, we also feel limited by the projector’s controlling approach to customising the picture. The Horizon Pro offers HDR support in the form of HDR10 and HLG, which is appreciated, although HDR10+ or Dolby Vision would have been welcome additions. By itself, the Horizon Pro functions well as a stand-alone Bluetooth speaker. Android TV and Chromecast Built-in also make it a breeze to cast and play music from any device. Final Remarks

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment