276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Mamba Mentality: How I Play

£13.495£26.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It's a shift that when I manage it has been very helpful to me, going from watching what happened to what could have and should have happened Indeed, the book is a collection of snippets from his career, in which he describes his physical and mental processes to develop a mindset of domination--the mamba mentality. Just like its author, the book is focused entirely on basketball, with short chapters that are cut down to the bare essentials.

The Mamba Mentality: How I Play Download [PDF] [EPUB] The Mamba Mentality: How I Play Download

For some people, I guess, it might be hard to stay sharp once you’ve reached the pinnacle. Not for me, though. It was never enough. I always wanted to be better, wanted more. I can’t really explain it, other than that I loved the game but had a very short memory. That fueled me until I hung up my sneakers.” The mindset isn't about seeking a result- it's more about the process of getting to that result. It's about the journey and the approach. It's a way of life. I do think that it's important, in all endeavors, to have that mentality. Kobe knew that to be the best you need a different approach from everyone else … Enjoy this magnificent book. I have no doubt that you will be inspired.” —Pau Gasol But as Grover detailed in his book, such a thought process would leave little room for anything else in Prescott’s life for those 10 months. That’s what the Mamba Mentality is about. It’s not just, like I said, football,” Ryan said. “It’s how I wake up and am as a husband: attentive and alert and there for my wife and listening and [trying] to be better. And same with my kids and everything. It’s trying to be my best in every aspect.”One of Bryant’s most enduring legacies is his Mamba Mentality, which lives on among today’s pro athletes. And there is a special devotion among NFL players who’ve clung to Kobe’s approach as a guide through the crucible of injury. I thought this book will be about his autobiography and his life overall. About his struggle, upbringing, lessons learnt etc. Basically a motivation book. Maybe, I did not researched it properly before buying. It has a bunch of 200-300 unique photos of Kobe about his lessons which is learnt on the field which is explained in pointers or a short parahraph. Bryant and his 13-year-old daughter, Gianna, died in a helicopter crash three years ago today. The two had been flying with seven others—John and Keri Altobelli and their daughter Alyssa; Sarah Chester and her daughter, Payton; Christina Mauser; and pilot Ara Zobayan—to a youth basketball tournament near Los Angeles. If you’re in business or you want to start a business, start by employing the basic rules for success: identify, focus, build, opportunize.

The Mamba Mentality: How I Play Summary | GradeSaver The Mamba Mentality: How I Play Summary | GradeSaver

Think about what Bryant tried to impart. What areas in your life could you apply it to? Are there certain things you’re good at that you could become a master of? Are you putting in the work necessary to accomplish mastery? Are you letting the fear of failure inhibit your pursuit of success? While I enjoyed Kobe’s take on competing against numerous other NBA players throughout his career, the parts of The Mamba Mentality I enjoyed most were those that focused on his dedication to the craft of basketball, along with his determination, motivation, and consistent discipline. Few people have seen ant another side to Kobe: the man who performed Make-A-Wish requests after almost every home game- and many road games- throughout his career. I got to document a few of those nights when Kobe was there for kids and their families as a different kind of hero- one who understood the profound impact of basketball beyond simply winning and losing. Behind Kobe's relentless determination was a gentle and sober compassion." -(Andrew D. Bernstein (Senior Photographer for the NBA)) This is a must go through experience that every person who wants to achieve greatness can benefit from.Each referee has a designated slot where he is supposed to be on the floor… When they do that, it creates dead zones, areas on the floor where they can’t see certain things. I learned where those zones were, and I took advantage of them. I would get away with holds, travels, and all sorts of minor violations simply because I took the time to understand the officials’ limitations.” The Mamba Mentality isn’t a result. It’s not a championship trophy. It’s not a game winning shot. It’s the daily process that goes into building those things. Everything that flows from that mindset and that process is just a by-product. As someone who works with elite athletes, I’m curious about what makes them stand out. What’s their mindset? What routines and work-ethic have they developed to achieve the pinnacle of success? And what can we learn from these approaches—even if our goals are not so lofty? The injury jeopardized all of it—his stellar season and his potential future earnings. It ripped him from his day-to-day football routines and forced him to press pause. With a lot of newfound time on his hands, Prescott dove into the books Ryan sent him and became a full-fledged believer in the Mamba Mentality. He bought into the all-consuming nature of rehab that Grover details in his book. He chose to embrace any surrounding negativity—about his injury, his future contract, and even his own self-doubts—and used it as fuel. It was natural to feel angry about what had happened to him on the field that October day, and Bryant’s writing taught him to channel that emotion into something productive.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment