276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Chase (1) (Briar U)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I loved Conor just as much as I loved Taylor. Both of them were fantastic characters. These two together made me so happy. Of course there was some conflict, but it was more outside things coming in and not issues between them. A catch up at a New Years party reaffirms summer’s feelings for Fitz, but overhearing what he really thinks of her cut off all thoughts of her wanting to share her new years Eve kiss with him which in turn makes her kiss someone else. The Chase is the first book from Kennedy's new Briar U series. If the name of the series sounds familiar to you, it should since it's the spin off of her popular and widely loved Off-Campus series. This book is Summer and Fitzy's story. Summer is Dean's sister. We met her previously in Dean's book. Summer is a whirlwind of Prada and Chanel No.5. She is my favorite part of this book. Fitzy was Dean's teammate and we met him briefly in The Goal. Okay, now the hard part. I think I am going to be in a minority here when I say that I struggled a bit with this. Summer came off the first three quarters of the book as so immature. I actually understood her motives. She felt so attracted to Fitz but his actions led her to believe he didn’t have feelings for her. Hunter made it clear he did. She wanted that for herself. To be wanted. With that being said, though, she still should not have let herself consider Hunter when she knew her heart wanted Fitz. You should’ve seen what she did to Daphne! She acted like it was the alcohol thing, but really she was just jealous because Daph slept with her ex-boyfriend Chris, so she made Daph’s life miserable. One weekend when Daphne was away, Kaya ‘accidentally’”—Bianca uses air quotes—“donated every piece of her clothing to these freshmen who were collecting stuff for the annual clothes drive. Daph eventually quit the sorority and moved out.”

I know that most of us women suffer in one way or another with insecurities, but damn to hear about it in pretty much every chapter was bit too much what i didn't love, was the way the relationship played out. one of the things i love most about elle's books is that the relationship is the star of the show. no long drawn out individual character scenes until the 70% mark. we get character interaction. not so in this book. due to fitz being too scared to admit to his feelings, we get a lot of avoidance when i think it would have benefited the book to have the characters interact more. i appreciated most of the interactions. fitz always asked for consent. and he stood up for summer. all great. but i'm sort of over guys who avoid their feelings. too cliche, really lame. Dean has arranged to have Summer move into the house shared by Colin, Hunter, and their roommate Hollis. Summer and Colin both have reservations about living with the other, and thus avoid each other early on. Summer can’t forget Colin’s comments on New Year’s Eve, words that played on some of Summer’s insecurities. (He makes things worse but expressing surprise that Summer reads the complex fantasy series that he’s into.) Colin is afraid of his attraction to Summer, and convinced that no good can come of their hooking up. Anyways, the story kept me interested enough but I felt bored waiting for something to happen and for them to stop dancing circles around each other. I appreciate a good, slow burn romance but it was dragged on for too long and because of that, nothing significant happened, and when stuff does start to happen, we’re left rushing through it all. It seriously felt like 70% of the story was the buildup and the remaining 30% was the actual romance and storyline. This whole book felt more like an introduction novella to the Briar U series rather than the Summer and Fitzy book I was hoping to get. 🙁 OW/OM drama: Yes There is another roommate (that is also a teammate of the H) that likes the h and causes some drama for the couple.Coral! Right. That’s her name. And it sounds as stupid now as it did when she introduced herself fifteen minutes ago. I’m sorry, Summer, but it’s not a joke.” Kaya offers a pitying smile. “As the Standards Committee, we take Kappa Beta Nu’s reputation very seriously. We received word from Nationals this morning—” I enjoyed this book for the most part. This was insanely readable, at least for me it was. I could not put this book down. Summer was a really fun and refreshing character. She's unabashedly feminine and makes no apologies for loving clothes, makeup, reality shows, and other feminine coded things that are usually considered as negatives in romance heroines. But this is exactly why I enjoyed her character. Summer was fun and hilarious. She had her insecurities, which I will get into a little bit, but overall, I love Summer. I’m starting to think that alcohol poisoning was the best thing that could’ve ever happened to Daphne Kettleman, if it got her out of this hellhole.

This book is everything I love about Elle Kennedy! Pure fun and laugh out loud romance.”— USA Today bestselling author Sarina Bowen I could not be more thrilled that Elle had all kinds of hidden depths to Summer. She came off as an opinionated, spoiled rich girl who normally gets whatever she wants in The Score. The moment you read from her perspective in The Chase, you learn just how wrong about her you’ve been this whole time. Yes, she’s outgoing and honest to a fault, but that’s just how she relates to the world. It doesn’t define what she has to give to those that give her a chance to be more. I didn’t do anything,” I answer stiffly. But then defeat weakens my voice. “They don’t think someone like me is good for the sorority’s reputation. One of them said I was an arsonist.” The other thing I didn't like was how the only queer character in the whole book was treated. I won't go into details but basically, this character was outed in the worst way possible. It left such a bad taste in my mouth because this character was just there to serve as a device for the final conflict in the book.Summer Heyward Di Laurentis is Dean’s younger sister. If you don’t remember Dean from the Campus series, maybe you’ll remember good ole Garrett? Anyway, Summer possesses 1/7th the amount of endearing Dean possessed (and Dean wasn’t even all that endearing). All fractions aside - Summer’s character fell flat for me. She came across as exactly what she was striving not to be, aka hella vapid. Also I’m tired of all the 5’11 slim blonde female leads and 6’2 Abercrombie model dudes. It’s 2018, does anyone really care for the detailed descriptions? Summer’s main inspo is Coco Chanel and she loves Vera Wang with a dash of Marc Jacobs / Tom Ford ... Oh yes! Please do tell me more this is truly tantalizing (that was sarcasm). Summer’s details of feminism were hypocritical and pointless (IMO). Dean and his girlfriend Allie live in the West Village in Manhattan. Allie admitted to me that the area is way fancier than she’s used to, but for my brother it’s actually a step down; our family’s penthouse is on the Upper East Side, making up the top three floors of our hotel, the Heyward Plaza. But Dean’s new building is near the private school where he teaches, and since Allie has a lead role on a television show that shoots all over Manhattan, the location is convenient for both of them. Me: It's no big deal, OK? I didn't mean for my sister to get hurt, she got over it, at least I think she did, she won't talk to me but - Slowly Fitzy see's another side of Summer emerge as they spend more time together he realises his first assumptions about her were wrong. In the end they come together as two friends helping the other out, he wants to draw her into a character based on a video programme he's designing and in turn he helps get her thoughts on paper for her thesis. Yes.” I jut out my chin. “She’s a symbol of class and purity, and I try to model myself after her. Personality-wise. Obviously, when it comes to style, I will forever strive to be Coco Chanel, and I will forever fail because nobody can be Coco Chanel.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment