276°
Posted 20 hours ago

TP-Link Deco XE75 AXE5400 Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi 6E System, Tri-Band Wi-Fi, Gigabit Ports, AI-Driven Mesh, cover up to 7,200 ft2, Connect up to 200 devices,1.7 GHz Quad-Core CPU, HomeShield, Pack of 3

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

But other than that, the setup process proved smooth in my trial. The app’s setup wizard covered all necessary steps in great detail, and I got the system up and running within less than 10 minutes without a hitch. The TP-Link Archer AXE75 is the first genuinely affordable 6E choice alongside the best Wi-Fi 6E routers. Its six adjustable antennas provide a seriously impressive wireless signal with enough range to cover a 2-3-bedroom home without issue. If you've already upgraded to a modern phone with Wi-Fi 6E support (via Android Central) or plan to introduce compatible devices into your home, this router is one of the best upgrades for your network.

There are still no USB ports on the Deco, which prevents network-attached storage (NAS) from connecting in the usual fashion. Printers must remain attached to a specific device or rely on their (usually shoddy) Wi-Fi connection. Not many people disdain wireless printers as much as I do, and mesh Wi-Fi can remedy printing headaches when USB ports are available, so it's a shame to miss out here. WiFi 6E allows for 7 (3 for European Union Member states) additional 160 MHz channels, offeringup to 1,200 MHz (480 MHz for European Union Member states) of additional spectrum for 6 GHz WiFi. The AXE75’s write speed of 44MBps was a tad slower than the Asus ROG Rapture GT-AXE16000 (48MBps) and 11MBps slower than the Linksys Hydra Pro 6E (55MBps). The Netgear RAXE500 beat them all with 70MBps. On the read test, the AXE75 (46MBps) edged past the Asus ROG Rapture GT-AXE16000 (45MBps) but couldn’t keep pace with the Linksys Hydra Pro 6E (57MBps) or the Netgear RAXE500 (68MBps).This router may not support all the mandatory features as ratified in the IEEE 802.11ax specification. One of the best parts about TP-Link's Deco range is the accompanying Deco app, available on Android and iOS devices, making it super simple to set up the mesh system. It's as easy as following the instructions on-screen, barely needing to ever glance at the paper manual in the box. With my ISP-provided combination modem/router set to modem-only mode, I can connect to any router of my choosing via its high-speed WAN port. All units in the Deco XE75 sets have three Gigabit LAN/WAN ports, so you can plug into whichever is most convenient, and the Deco will communicate with the app. The Deco XE75 promises an easy setup for speedy data transfer over a long range, and it does all that in spades. Joining the Deco family with the fantastic app makes it an approachable avenue to next-generation Wi-Fi tech that anyone could use.

Indeed, the networking vendor made all kinds of buzz about the new standard in early 2021 with nothing to show during the entire year. And then, it recommitted the Wi-Fi 6E promise in early 2022. Don't be surprised if visitors mistake this Deco for a smart speaker and start barking commands at it. Consequently, you might find this review a bit predictable. My mantra has been how Tri-band Wi-Fi 6E is generally not a great idea for a fully wireless environment but is excellent for a wired home. And that applies in this case, too.

Open Source Code For Programmers (GPL)

The XE75 shares the same features set as the previous Deco set. It comes with support for Dynamic DNS— in this case, it only supports TP-Link’s free domain –, IP reservation, and port-forwarding. There’s also a simple QoS engine where you can add individual devices to the priority list. Despite the support for Wi-Fi 6E, the Deco XE75 is very similar to previous deco sets, including the X60 and X5700. If you have used a Deco set before, you’ll feel right at home with this one. Hardware specifications: TP-Link Deco XE75 AXE5400 mesh router TP-Link Deco XE75 AXE5400: Detail photos The TP-Link Deco XE75 AXE5400 Tri-Band Mesh Wi-Fi 6E System’s retail box.

While I praised the wireless performance of the six adjustable antennas, their construction leaves some room for improvement. The rotating hinges leave visible gaps and expose fragile wires in each, prone to potential damage in some disastrous scenario or simple wear and tear if too frequently adjusted over the years.Wifi 6E in heel het huis–met een bereik tot 510m 2 met de nieuwe generatie wifi behoren slechte verbindingen en bufferen tot het verleden †‡ Maximale draadloze signaalfrequentie op basis van specificaties van de IEEE 802.11-standaard. De werkelijke draadloze gegevensdoorvoer, het draadloze bereik en het aantal verbonden apparaten kunnen niet gegarandeerd worden en variëren op basis van netwerkomstandigheden, clientbeperkingen en omgevingsfactoren met inbegrip van bouwmaterialen, obstakels, omvang en dichtheid van het verkeer en locatie van de client.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment