276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sentinel - X800 Fast Acting Cleaner 1L, targeted central heating system cleaning inside an hour, restores system efficiency by targeting corrosion debris, ideal for hot and cold systems

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

After cleaning, the system should be drained and flushed until the water runs clear. On refilling, the system should be treated with Sentinel X100 Inhibitor, or Sentinel X500 Inhibited Antifreeze. I have repiped system and new rads to the house except for 2 rads in attic rooms. (existing rads and system were full of it). If you want to actually dissolve the sludge you need citric which is sold for the purpose as Fernox DS40. The older type in the plastic tub is far better than the square cardboard box! A good cleaner is Sentinel X400, or X800 which is somewhat more aggressive. X400 can be left in the system, but will cease to loosen sludge after about 4 weeks. X800 should be circulated and the system drained and refilled several times to remove it. Fernox and Kamco are reputable makers of similar products.

Removing corrosion/magnetite sludge: Sentinel X400 or x800? Removing corrosion/magnetite sludge: Sentinel X400 or x800?

In this scenario, the system may benefit from a manual flush using with X300. The system I’m dealing with is older than 6 months Where systems are badly fouled, we recommend a longer circulation period (approximately 3-4 weeks). The product is not aggressive and can be safely left in the system for extended periods.Sealed Systems: If the system is empty, add to any convenient point before filling. If full, use a Sentinel Dosing Vessel to inject via the filling loop or other access point. X800 Fast Acting Cleanershould be circulated, preferably at normal operating temperature, with all valves open and the pump turned to maximum flow for a minimum period of 3 hours or until satisfactory performance is restored. it's not cheap for a can of "liquid", but I suppose if it's got lots of magic in it then it's quite cheap! In this scenario, your customer may struggle to understand how the system could possibly need cleaning. New systems can easily succumb to debris during and after installation as a result of carelessness in the manufacture and installation processes.

Sentinel X800 Fast Acting Cleaner - Boiler Guide Sentinel X800 Fast Acting Cleaner - Boiler Guide

Thanks for the link. I have run some searches which suggest that it may take up to 3 days to 'clean' a system that was non-powerflushed. Our detailed product safety sheets contain all the information you need to know about our chemicals, including: I am not recommending that anyone drinks it but I do taste a tiny amount on my finger to estimate how much acid is left.I plan to put in x800 to clean system how long should I leave it in please. I will not be using a powerflush. A few examples of the kind of debris that can be found in new systems include copper swarf, flux residues, casting sands and rust. Other contaminants can include greases and stamping oils used in the manufacturing process, sometimes applied excessively. When introduced into a central heating system, these materials can cause problems such as corrosion. What is the best product to get rid remove corrosion/magnetite sludge? Is Sentinel X400 more appropriate than X800? What is the difference between both products?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment