276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Microfleur 5" Microwave Regular Flower Press

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Remove the flowers delicately with your fingers or a pair of tweezers - you don’t want to ruin them after waiting so long, after all. An extra-large flower press may reach dimensions of 30 x 45 centimetres while a very small one may measure 10 x 10 centimetres. The unique device is impressively handmade with high-quality cherry and maple wood and has a thick wooden bolt that runs through its center to clamp sheets together.

While I appreciate all kinds of compositions, I have a soft spot for framing smaller dry flower projects because I feel like they really showcase beautiful details that go unnoticed in nature. For larger bulbs or spherical flowers like peonies or ranunculus, you may have better luck preserving the whole flower. A wedding bouquet or other flowers with sentimental value can last years past their bloom with the help of a flower press kit. To enjoy all that Hobbycraft has to offer, please enable cookies or check whether another programme is blocking them.Our patented design gives you everything you need to press flowers, foliage, plants, and leaves in a short amount of time. Some flower presses are multi-layer, which means that they have several slots in which you can press flowers to dry. Most kits you’ll find are for adults, but a smart kid could use them, too, as long as you share your know-how!

The pressed flowers can then be used for greeting cards, scrapbooking, wedding and other invitations, menus, bookmarks or applied to candles and soap, art and decoupage projects. If you are not ready to press them straight away you can put them in the freezer, in an airtight container, until you are ready. Like using hairspray on vacation or something else at home to “seal” the color in and make them less brittle over the years? If you intend to work on multiple projects, you’ll benefit greatly from getting a large press and packing more flowers and plants in one go.A. Some experts recommend changing the pressing paper every couple of days to reduce the chance of flowers browning from moisture. You can use a microwave to speed up the drying process for pressing flowers, but if you choose to do so, proceed carefully to avoid damaging or discoloring the blooms. PREMIUM MATERIAL — This drying plate adopts environmentally-friendly hard wooden board, which is exquisitely crafted and durable. For example, you can use thinner or more absorbent paper towels, cut the stems shorter, or reduce the microwave time.

Designed in France, for aspiring botanists, this press is perfect for drying flowers and intricate leaves that children collect. COST-EFFECTIVE PACKAGE — Containing drying plates, absorbent papers, art knife, hammer-shears, tweezers and an instruction, all tools for pressing and drying plants are included. You may choose to overlap petals from multiple flowers, but I prefer to create my layers after I complete the drying process.

If you’re pressing flowers with obvious stamens (the part covered in yellow pollen), such as alstroemerias and lilies, remove the stamens so the pollen won’t stain.

Take out and allow to cool for a couple of minutes before checking the progress, repeating the above step until you get the desired effect. I have all kinds of flowers planted in my garden and I can’t wait to try it so I can use it in my candles. If you’re just beginning, you may want to start out with flatter flowers but if you’d like to try thick flowers like roses, I recommend cutting them in half before pressing, or pressing the petals individually! When flower pressing, choose foliage and plants
that will look good when pressed flat – large flouncy blooms, for example, won't work as well. Once the petals have partially dried out, you can choose to finish drying using the book or wooden press method above.Only problem is, when I get an idea in my head I want instant gratification and pressing flowers takes too long, until now! When my family moved into our new home a few years ago, I wanted to surprise my husband with a keepsake from our first year there.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment