276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Briwax 400g Wax Polish - Dark Oak

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

All I would recommend is doing what your doing and finish by buffing the wood with a lint free cloth after all the steps I have suggested.

The next time that I worked on my chairs, the temperature had cooled a bit -- only in the mid 70s -- and the wax was a typical wax consistency. This stuff smells to high heaven but it gave my cabinets a fairly updated feel (took the orange out) while also cleaning and conditioning the wood. Wondering if you would wipe down the cabinets to clean them (every few months) the same way you would before the wax? Since staing with the Briwax my neice was over and was rubbing her feet on these ends and it came off on her socks.I think they turned out super nice and I was able to do my entire kitchen in just a couple days (while also working full time). If you have a kitchen from the 1990’s like me, you probably have honey oak cabinets that you want to update. Although this will provide an acceptable result, if you want your wood to really look its best, then follow these steps. For increased shine and durability, we suggest the application of a sanding sealer before applying the briwax finishing wax. tape off whatever you’re going to be working near (walls, appliances, etc…) and lay down aomething to protect surfaces underneath ( counters, floor, etc…).

Hi Mary Lee, I think if I wanted to antique them, I would start with a bit lighter wax first on a test door. I’ve also noticed that it has rubbed off where my trash can hits the side of my cabinet that is made from particle board. My kitchen cabinets didn’t have any handles to being with, so this was the perfect time to add some.I will say this though… the cabinets do not really read that much darker after the wax – even with the Tudor Brown. I went ahead and gave my old gold pulls a spray paint oil rubbed bronze update while I was at it since they were raggedy and unsightly from age anyway. I got the wrong color by mistake and don’t want to ruin my cabinets, but I’ve noticed that black wax is used a lot over chalk painted furniture with a nice effect. My orange oak cabinets are showing their wear and the thought of painting them was more than I could bear. If there is raw wood, I would perhaps try to use a bit of stain to match the existing cabinets, then wax the entire thing.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment