276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Etymotic Research ER2SE Studio Edition High Performance In-Ear Earphones (Detachable Dynamic Drivers, Noise Isolating, High Accuracy, Studio Grade Accuracy)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It’s that way with the ER4SR as well, but the greater resolution allows for more instrument separation and a better sense of space. Any grain that exists sort of reinforces the “solidity” of the sound in contrast to the BA-driven Etymotics, and without that point of comparison, trust me: you’ll barely notice, if at all. To achieve that, we need to account for the resonance inside the average ear canal, since IEMs bypass the outer ear structure.

These earphones are perfectly in tune with the newest innovations in music players that support a 3. I was using the triple flange tips on the Ety IEMs, and using wide bore silicon tips on the Blessing 2, and used a narrow bore silicon tip for the Legacy 3. This ER2 started losing volume in one of the unit and then died completely only to come alive randomly when left alone. If you’re someone who enjoys listening to music while commuting, then you know the value of a good pair of earphones/IEMs. Another thing is the double flange tips which are much more comfortable than the triple flange, only come included with the XR variant.

If it weren't for the deep insertion, I'd consider either of them to be strong candidates for a secondary/travel IEM. The new: for the first time in quite a while, Etymotic has abandoned its tradition of using balanced-armature (BA) drivers and switched to a single dynamic driver. Etymotic’s founders were audiologists who have a deep, abiding concern for hearing health and hearing preservation.

I would like to get some feedback especially on the reshaping of the upper mids to treble region of the frequency response. You will hear all the details in the music with lower volume levels that are safer for your hearing. We can see the 8-9kHz resonance peak might be slightly different in frequency between different couplers. The ER4SR is definitely more resolving than the ER2SE, and this includes the midrange: the low-level details are more accessible to the listener on the ER4SR.but I'm still primarily a headphone user because the chasses on most IEMs irritate my ears too much. From the lower midrange on up, the two models sound more or less identical, so that bass output is the real differentiator between the two. Still I'm glad I got to hear these as they were quite enjoyable while I had them and now I can cross them off my list.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment