276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Polyvine - Wax Finish Varnish - Warm Grey - 500ML

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There are gray wood stain colors available on the market which can be used if you just want a simple gray stain. I’ve rounded up and tested out 5 grey wood stains that are both affordable and easy to find at your local home improvement store or online. I didn't include any exterior stains or "weathering" treatments in this test, but I might do a second round in the future. If you know of any grey stains that weren't included here that you would like to see, just let me know in the comments! Grey Stain Colors

All the gray wood stains were tested on birch plywood, maple, poplar, pine, and oak. Each piece was sanded with 150 grit sandpaper, and was not treated with any kind of wood conditioner before applying the stain. Wood varnish helps to seal and protect a range of wooden surfaces, and you can buy it in a choice of colours. You can use interior varnish to coat and seal internal doors, as well as wooden furniture such as dining tables, wardrobes, and bedside tables. You may also wish to apply it to your skirting boards to give them improved protection and an attractive shine. There are clear versions, as well as products that come in natural wood shades like oak and pine.When it comes to interior design, the right paint colour can make all the difference. With Crown’s Grey paint, you can beautify your walls, ceilings, wood, and metal surfaces with ease. From marvelous matts to soft silks, and sophisticated satins to gorgeous glosses, your interiors have never looked so good.

So what's the verdict? I stand by my declaration that General Finishes makes the best grey wood stain. No matter what wood you're working with, you'll get the same beautiful finish with a charcoal grey color with just one coat. Can't beat that! Creating all these color samples was actually pretty easy to do, and takes the guesswork out of staining. There's nothing worse than hating the stain you chose and either painting over it or sanding it down and starting over! If I'm working with a new stain color or wood species, I always plan to create samples like these first. I tested out all of these grey stains on pine wood. Do keep in mind though that stain can look different on different species and types of wood, as well as in different lighting scenarios. I recommend always testing your stain out in a small area on your project first to see how it looks on your particular piece of wood before applying it to the whole project! When it comes to colour, the current most popular options are white and grey paint for an ultra modern and clean look, ideal for frequently changing rooms. A paints finish will affect the overall appearance, feel, and durability of your paint, so it’s important to understand the differences to achieve your desired aesthetic. Matt paint has a non-reflective finish, chalk paint has a matt, shabby-chic finish, while eggshell paint is low-sheen and durable. Additionally, satinwood paint has a subtle sheen and is great for interior woodwork, while gloss paint is high-shine and ideal for exterior woodwork and metal surfaces. Also, I know whenever I’m looking at stain options, I always want to see what the stain actually looks like on wood. I hope these grey wood stain samples help you figure out which colors would work best for your own project, so you don’t have to buy and test out 5 different stain samples yourself!There's so much choice out there when it comes to paint and it can be difficult finding the right colour and finish for your home. There's also a whole range of brands to choose from including Dulux paint, Farrow & Ball colours, Valspar and our own GoodHome range. Classic Grey Stain by Minwax was one of my favorite gray stains that I tested. I used two coats to really enhance the gray color that the stain provided. I liked that it added a gray finish to the wood in a more subtle way and still allowed the wood grain to show through and look natural.

Our Grey paint comes in a range of sumptuous shades that help create a calming and sophisticated atmosphere within the home. From cool and contemporary to warm and inviting, Crown’s Grey paints are made to suit any style and taste. With 72 shades of Grey to choose from in various, high-quality formulations, you’re bound to find the perfect paint colour for your project. Are you looking for a grey wood stain to add a beautiful, gray finish to your wood project? Well, I personally love a weathered, gray finish on my DIY wood projects, but that involves a few steps to achieve and can’t be achieved with one stain color only (that I know of at this time).Each of these 5 grey stains are great options to consider when you want a grey wood finish! But, if you are interested in a more weathered gray finish, with some more character to it, see my post on how to easily create this DIY grey wash wood finish: Lastly, Varathane's Weathered Gray turned out quite nice after a second coat was applied. It's perfect for that rustic look, or for wood with a nice grain that you want to show off!

Also, here is a video summary of the gray wood stains that I did more recently, which includes a 6th gray stain color!

Lastly, I tested out Carbon Gray by Rust-Oluem Varathane which reminded me more of a dark walnut stain with smoky grey undertones. This was my first time using this stain color and I really liked it! My second favorite color was Minwax Coastal Gray, which unfortunately is no longer available. It looks similar to Minwax Slate gray, but I haven't done a test to compare the two.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment