276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Making Faces

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It was a revolutionary moment in makeup as the shades in this line catered to all skin tones, something that wasn’t the norm. The first part of the book focuses on introducing the tools and the techniques: how to contour and highlight, how to shape the eyebrows, the different types and textures of eyeshadow, how to apply false eyelashes. He had been suffering for much of his life from acromegaly because of this tumour, but it had gone undiagnosed. On the other hand, it is good to know that people can explore their creativity with makeup and bridge the gap of being someone other than themselves. This book is great for beginners who want to get a brief but informative look into the makeup industry.

Kevyn Aucoin - Wikipedia Kevyn Aucoin - Wikipedia

However, his Vogue cover shoot with emerging supermodel Cindy Crawford in 1986 skyrocketed his career. The first year he was in New York, Aucoin did makeup on test models for free to build up his portfolio.It is an ambiguous blend of different facial features from different races: the uptilted eyes of East Asians, the full lips of black women, golden tan skin of Latinx people, sharp cheekbones of Native Americans, long dark lashes of Middle Eastern women etc. They married in Hawaii in 2000, in an unofficial ceremony since same-sex marriage was not legally recognized at the time. I work in an industry with some of the meanest people who have ever walked the face of the earth, who live and die for the surface. Aucoin worked with hundreds of celebrities, including Madonna, Whitney Houston, Cher, Liza Minnelli, [13] Janet Jackson [13] Tina Turner, [13] Gwyneth Paltrow, [14] Lisa Marie Presley, [15] Courtney Love, [16] and Vanessa L.

Kevyn Aucoin Making Faces | Space NK

Aucoin, often noted as being decades ahead of his contemporaries, is considered to be one of the greatest make-up artists of the modern age. Maybe this film is the point, but when Kevyn was shooting [his daily video diaries], who knows what he was thinking? He decided that everyone needed to look like Carole Lombard and have really skinny eyebrows,” said Mizrahi. According to Kevin, he argues that makeup can make anyone any race they want, saying he can be Asian one moment and Spanish the next. Finally, she tried "The Show Girl" on her husband, artist Zack Stadel, in full, fabulous drag to blonde bombshell effect.I in fact, went to a company halloween party as a very convincing Betty Boop using techniques I garnered from this tome.

Making Faces book by Kevyn Aucoin - ThriftBooks Making Faces book by Kevyn Aucoin - ThriftBooks

Aucoin's portrait subjects include Julia Roberts, Sharon Stone, Martha Stewart, Tori Amos and Aucoin's own mother. Bee-sting pucker, pin curls, false eyelashes and the exact right eye-liner, the night was magnificent. while i love and respect kevyn aucoin and what he has done for makeup artistry, and i loved hearing about his thoughts and experiences in this book, it is truly such a mess. Kevyn Aucoin's story of growing up, the stories of his siblings, and their role in the development of his talent is compelling and inspiring. He appeared in countless interviews on The Oprah Winfrey Show, made regular appearances on CNN and MTV, and could be spotted backstage at the Academy Awards.By the mid-’90s, Aucoin dominated the beauty industry and had become a household name – all before he ever had a namesake brand, which he eventually launched in 2001. Long before YouTube makeup tutorials showed how to use light and dark pencils to accentuate shadows and highlights, and long before Kim Kardashian started selling contour kits to the masses, Aucoin was blending backstage, using lines to thin out a nose or boost the cheekbone. Years later, his parents became staunch advocates for LBGTQ rights, and started a chapter of P-FLAG in Lafayette. Long story short, I learned little to nothing, arrogantly assumed I had and gave it away in the monthly book swap. Aucoin's gift was seeing the beauty in everyone and in bringing it out by being present and highlighting what's already there, and that is something which is simply not bound by time; it's just pure artistry.

Kevyn Aucoin Beauty Official Makeup Site – Kevyn Aucoin Beauty

Kevyn Aucoin also offers tidbits about his philosophy on makeup and charming stories of his life that relates to makeup. As part of the “Makeup Houseparty” series she started while social distancing, Ahn paid tribute to Aucoin, the " original makeup influencer," by doing his signature heavy-handed, yet deftly executed highlight and contour techniques, which he illustrated on his sister in Making Faces. I did at times wish that he went more into the color and art theory behind his thought processes, but I suppose that would be a different book. Most eye doctors will tell you that's a bad idea, and so will most of us who lived through the first time this idea became popular. Couch sheen is Fern's uncle/ Bailey's dad, he couched ambrose before the incident then couched him back to his old self after.

Kevin Aucoin shares his secrets, explaining not only the basics of makeup application and technique but also how to use the fundamentals to create a wide range of different looks. In the show Fat Actress debut episode "Big Butts", Kirstie Alley's female hair and makeup artist goes by the name Kevyn after her inspiration Kevyn Aucoin. I should also note that the instructions regarding application are far from ample, but personally I skimmed over these parts. It will help you discover exciting new looks you never dreamed of and the full potential of every makeup tool you own. However, it's good to be reminded of the theory behind make-up application and it will certainly be of good use as a reference for make-up looks of a certain decade.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment