276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Enemies with Benefits: An LGBT Romance

£5.305£10.61Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The main thing that made the two of them closer than if they didn't share this trait, they were both gay.

I love the characters in this story, there are so many, but they're all realistic, important, well-developed and well thought through. Although, I do find myself thinking that Finley, as much as I love him, has a new personality every time we meet him. Colby is so iconic, too, that I will forever associate that name with this book and this character. He's so endearingly dense. I'm fine," Ezra insisted, "it's part of the job unfortunately. My boss is absolutely amazing though and he made sure that I and everyone involved was alright." His phone began to ring on a nearby table. The sudden noise caused him to jump, he hadn't realised how quiet the house was in that moment before then. The number was not registered on his phone.They make a nice couple, don't they?" Ezra gestured to the celebrity couple whose engagement announcement had made the headlines. What? Why?" Don't tell him that Colby had figured out what was happening tonight. Technically, it wasn't that hard to figure out, but still. Ezra had hoped for a fun surprise for Colby. Colby frowned at him then readjusted his tie. "What do you mean why? We're going to a super fancy restaurant. Why wouldn't I want to look nice?" Thirdly, this needs an editor. A team of editors, even. Also beta and sensitivity readers. Not gonna get too much into detail here cuz I don't care to pull quotes at this point, but the dialogue, interpersonal thoughts, and everything else didn't mesh very well. The tone/vibe/whatever you call it for a story was all over the place and I really struggled to see what the "point" was of the story, thematically speaking. It wanted to be deep and thoughtful at moments and then would do something to completely contradict it and it got jarring very fast. Characterizations were also all over the place and seemed inconsistent. Character arcs can't be propped up solely by plot twists and sudden expository dumps! He glanced at Colby from the corner of his eye. Colby was fiddling with his tie. Adjusting and readjusting it. He looked very smart in his suit and tie. Ezra was glad that Colby hadn't asked too many questions about why they were suddenly having a very formal dinner with his parents.

Working mostly as well." That was true, but if he were to honestly say what —rather, who— had been taking up so much of his time recently, he wasn't sure how well that would be accepted. It was so stupid to even think about. A man like Steven infatuated, not just with a man, but a man ten years his younger as well. A hypocrite and a cradle snatcher, that's what he would be. So, he kept it quiet for now. "I suppose that's it." Sophie is miss religious trauma who went to a gay conversion camp over the summer because her pastor father found out she was lesbian and now feels like she needs to evangelize to her gay friends and is a super big jerk. But like, sweetheart Colby doesn't give up on her and you see how scared she is and... This book isn't about her, but maybe it should be? Cause that's SUCH a story, and one that's I'd love to read! Grandchildren!" Steven gasped. His face paled and he looked over at Ezra. "I though you didn't... am I... do you...?" This is the point in his life where it would've been nice to have witnessed a good marriage growing up. What was he supposed to do? What was he supposed to act like? Was he doing any of this right? Okay so firstly, you should know this book has smut. A lot of it. Out of the scenes I actually cared to read rather than try to find the thin plot of this plot what plot book, there was maybe one smut scene that actually felt more appropriate for the YA characters being treated with new adult tropes. Hence my tagging it New Adult.He did? Oh, well I'm sorry he told you that. Terribly boring stuff. I don't do that anymore, so no need to worry about me being a drag."

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment