276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Snap: The astonishing Sunday Times bestseller and BBC Between the Covers Book Club pick

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This was an audio book I listened to, think I'm getting better at these. The narrator was Andrew Wincott, and I thought he did a wonderful job. Maybe I'm better with male narrators?

Bauer is known for taking the bleakest of situations and turning them into something special. At no point in this book are you going to go 'WOW!', because it is a quietly clever book, one that is a satisfying read, a moving read. Forget about solving all these crimes; the signal triumph here is (spoiler) the heroine’s survival. This has a straightforward story line, good sound characters, and a couple of surprising reveals along the way. The author and publisher apparently felt confident enough not to resort to the ubiquitous blurb "With a twist you'll never see coming!" or some variation on the theme. Thank you for that. It’s believable ‘enough’ to put the readers mind at rest -( but shhh... we know much of this isn’t likely)....

Belinda Bauer is an incredibly intelligent, creative and talented writer and is exceedingly well versed in producing fabulous thrillers that crime fiction readers young and old devour. Would I recommend? You bet! A must read for this summer! I also believe that I have a love/hate relationship with my thrillers. Was this a book that was super unique? No... but I was entertained for the most part. I hope I’ve interested you enough that you will run and get this book as soon as it’s published, it’s that good! We ask that you only vote if you are planning on participating in our discussion should your choice win. It’s still hot in the car and hot outside. The children play I spy with my bitty little eyes....( they spied nothing of importance)....

Snap by Belinda Bauer is a gripping, masterfully written novel about a teenage boy’s hunt for his mother’s killer. Thoroughly good, 4 stars plus! Great crime read, loved by many here as I see it. Great characters all round and highly entertaining, keeps you on the end of your seat. Bauer secures her place as a star in the British psychological-suspense firmament with this tightly written tale . . . Readers who miss Ruth Rendell are sure to become fast Bauer fans.”— Booklist (starred review)

Belinda Bauer wins the CWA Gold Dagger 2010". Crime Writers' Association. Archived from the original on 28 September 2011 . Retrieved 9 October 2011. The crime was a brutal one, but there were few violent descriptions, or scenes (the worst occurred in the opening chapter when the children stumble across a dead fox). Instead the story focused on the devastating effects of such a crime, and how much it completely destroyed more than one family. Mommy must have ‘snapped’ a brain-artery... she goes searching for help....but leaves the kids behind. DS Reynolds is eager to make a good impression on his new boss. He’s a fastidious, impeccably groomed straight arrow who’s always willing to help coworkers better themselves. Whether it’s tips on deportment or correcting their grammar, he knows deep down they appreciate his attention to detail. So why does the new DCI seem to hate him? yet... we don’t care: the storytelling - the wonderful characters with all they are grappling with, make us happy campers readers!!!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment