276°
Posted 20 hours ago

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D Desktop Processor (8-core/16-thread, 96MB L3 cache, up to 4.5 GHz max boost)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The added 3D V-Cache is likely to help performance in just a limited number of scenarios. Only tests that respond strongly to a large amount of cache will benefit, and gaming tests tend to be some of the most responsive to changes in cache. Things are different when Gamers Nexus talks about Far Cry 6. The 5600X3D has a slew of processors ahead of it in the ranking, including chips like the Ryzen 7 7700X and the Intel Core i9-12900K. Still, the only CPU with a comparable price tag remains the 5800X3D. The new Zen 3 part averaged 163 fps, while the 5800X3D hit 175.5 fps. If the 5600X3D performs as expected, that would yield an impressive fps-per-dollar metric that easily outstrips a system built around the Core i5-13400, despite their similar pricing. However, the 5600X3D does have two fewer cores than the Ryzen 7 5800X3D, and that chip already trails the Core i5-13400 in application benchmarks (particularly in single-threaded applications). Also, all the usual caveats of the 3D V-Cache technology will apply — this tech results in reduced performance in some productivity apps and doesn’t accelerate all games, so you'll need to ensure that it fits your needs.

Still, potential users should be aware that, like its sibling, the 5600X3D has some limitations with the 3D V-Cache technology. This technology may not boost all games and could affect performance in some productivity apps. So, make sure it aligns with your specific needs before diving in. During its exploration process into the new X3D tech, AMD game-planned and tested several Ryzen 5000X3D models, including the prototype Ryzen 9 5900X3D that Lisa Su teased at Computex 2021. However, like the 5900X3D, we’re told that the Ryzen 5 5600X3D ultimately wasn’t launched due to unspecified “business factors.” Considering the 5600X3D's exceptional performance-per-dollar ratio, it’s logical to think the 5600X3D threatened to severely cannibalize AMD’s Ryzen 7 5800X3D sales, not to mention sales of the then-forthcoming AM5 platform. Why buy the flagship gaming models when a less-expensive variant offers the lion’s share of the performance for less cash? Can we please stop perpetuating this. The 5800X3D does NOT need a 240mm AIO, neither will the 5600X3D. Nearly any basic tower air cooler rated for the TDP will be more than sufficient.Guess it depends on what you expect, but with an 280mm AIO running at 100% fans and getting 80 degrees, going with anything less might not be everybody's cup of tea. Though I could have included more Ryzen 5000 Series processors in this comparison, I opted to mostly compare with more current processors that will actively compete with the Ryzen 5 5600X3D on the open market. This includes the Ryzen 5 7600 and the Intel Core i5-12600K, both of which have similar prices. I did include the Ryzen 7 5700X, which uses the same platform as the Ryzen 5 5600X3D and has an even lower street price. In this article, we’ll dive into the AMD Ryzen 5 5600X3D specs, price, release date, and everything you need to know about this game-changing processor. We’ll provide an insightful guide on AMD’s newest addition to its range of innovative CPUs, specifically designed to elevate your PC gaming experience.

In the grand scheme of things, the Ryzen 5 5600X3D not only delivers exceptional power on its own merits but also acts as a fitting tribute to the long-lived and versatile AM4 platform. It’s a testament to AMD’s dedication to offering value to budget-conscious gamers and is certainly a worthy addition to any gaming rig. FAQs Is 3D V-cache worth it?

The continued success of the Ryzen 7 5800X3D has found many AMD users upgrading older systems instead of making the jump to Zen 4 and the pricier new AM5/DDR5 platform, which obviously could lead one to think that AMD is cannibalizing its own flagship product line with a superior lower-cost chip. In most cases, this has actually kept early Ryzen adopters on an AMD platform instead of them jumping ship to Intel’s newer Raptor Lake platforms.

The best gaming processor for the AM4 board, if you can find it

The 5600X3D is a new entry in the older Ryzen 5000 series, so it comes with the Zen 3 architecture, 7nm process node, and drops into last-gen AM4 motherboards. In contrast, AMD's newest Ryzen 7000 chips come with the faster Zen 4 architecture etched on the 5nm process and drop into newer AM5 motherboards. However, those chips carry a premium and require more expensive DDR5 memory, while the 5600X3D supports more economical DDR4, giving it an easy win in terms of total system cost. Don’t let the age of the AM4 platform fool you, though. Despite being six years old, it continues to offer exceptional value at an affordable price, making it a strong choice for budget-conscious setups. A lot of this comes down to its compatibility with reasonably priced DDR4 memory. AMD has pledged to continue supporting this platform for budget-tailored systems, which is reassuring. As for competition, the Ryzen 5 5600X3D seems set to take on Intel’s price point for DDR4-equipped Core i5-13400 systems. The Micro Center’s bundle deal looks pretty tempting and appears to offer better value than a similar Core i5-13400 configuration. Primarily, this is a gaming-focused chip, so I spent the most time looking at its gaming performance. In this case, I played several games on it, as well as using my standard battery of built-in benchmark tests to get comparable numbers. We start off by looking at test results from AIDA64’s memory and bandwidth benchmark. Bandwidth is critically important to the smooth operation of any processor and it can greatly alter impact performance. The numbers found here need to be considered carefully, as different processors also react differently to changes in bandwidth.

Even if you’re not ready to splash on a liquid cooler, you will need to buy something, because the X3D processors don’t come with their own coolers. Grab it while it’s there mryeester / YouTube The processors included in the charts below were tested using one of three different platforms depending on whether the chip in question was an Intel processor, an AMD AM4 processor, or an AMD AM5 processor. Using the same motherboard for all chips obviously wasn’t possible due to compatibility issues, but the rest of the hardware used for testing was standardized.Intel's 12th Gen "Alder Lake" processors were the first consumer processors to support DDR5, and as such they only have official support for the JEDEC DDR5 standard, which is set at 4,800MHz. The newer Intel 13th Gen "Raptor Lake" processors feature an improved memory controller, and they carry official support for DDR5 memory at speeds of up to 5,600MHz, which is what I have used for all the Raptor Lake processors I've tested. In essence, the Ryzen 5 5600X3D represents a grand finale for AMD’s AM4 platform, extending its relevance and value even as we move towards newer technologies. This CPU embodies the spirit of the AM4 generation – offering high performance at a reasonable cost – and takes it a step further. Now this may seem unfair at first glance, but pricing is key and it’s essential to remember that the Ryzen 7 5700X, the Ryzen 5 7600, and the Intel Core i5-12600K are all available for around the same price as the Ryzen 5 5600X3D or less. Gaming Tests: This Chip's Best Hope for Success We’re expecting the last of AMD’s AM4 CPUs, to launch on July 7th, so, where can you buy the Ryzen 5 5600X3D? We haven’t been told of any specific cooler recommendations, but given the TDP rating, it likely requires a 240mm liquid cooler like the 105W Ryzen 7 5800X3D."

Despite its 105W rating, the Ryzen 5 5600X3D was easy to cool and never exceeded 87W. Ryzen 1000-, 2000- and 3000-series upgraders can drop the 5600X3D into existing AM4 platforms with minimal fuss, thus providing a less-expensive pathway to near-peak gaming performance on the AM4 platform. So far, reviewers are praising it for its gaming capabilities. Although it lags behind in productivity tasks, this isn’t the kind of CPU you’d be buying for non-gaming purposes anyway. Let’s see how it fares in the environment it was built for. The ongoing popularity of the Ryzen 7 5800X3D has led to a significant trend among AMD users, who are opting to upgrade their existing systems with this processor rather than transitioning to the more expensive Zen 4 and the new AM5/DDR5 platform. At first glance, one might assume that AMD is undermining its own flagship product line by introducing a superior, lower-cost chip. CelicaGT said:Should be an interesting CPU for those who can get one. I'm led to believe supply will only be for a few months.For as long as I can remember, I've had love of all things tech, spurred on, in part, by a love of gaming. I began working on computers owned by immediate family members and relatives when I was around 10 years old. I've always sought to learn as much as possible about anything PC, leading to a well-rounded grasp on all things tech today. In my role at PCMag, I greatly enjoy the opportunity to share what I know. Its standout feature, the 3D V-Cache technology, brings a considerable performance boost that gamers are likely to appreciate. While not every game or application will benefit from this technology, the overall gains are substantial enough to make this CPU a game-changer in its price range. In these tests, the Ryzen 5 5600X3D managed a few exceedingly small wins. In 3DMark Time Spy, the processor was once again the slowest in the charts, but in F1 22 it managed to beat out several other chips with slightly better performance at 1080p. It wasn’t the fastest option in the list, but the Ryzen 5 5600X3D did beat the Ryzen 7 5700X for a change, as well as the Ryzen 5 7800X3D and several others. This boost was present at 2K and 4K resolutions as well. Gear up gaming enthusiasts, as AMD is set to launch the limited edition model of the Ryzen 5 5600X3D processor on July 7th, 2023. But there’s a twist! This revolutionary gaming processor will be available exclusively at MicroCenter. Creating microchips is an imperfect process. You always get some partially defective parts that can’t quite operate as expected, and this undoubtedly happened when AMD was producing the Ryzen 7 5800X3D, too. These imperfect chips may not quite have been fast enough to pass for Ryzen 7 5800X3D processors, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t functional enough to be marketed as something else, like the Ryzen 5 5600X3D.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment