276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mile High (Windy City Series Book 1)

£7.395£14.79Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I flew in straight from an all-night party at Rockrimmon," says a character in Mile High on page 313, the first of what would become recurring mentions of Rockrimmon in future Condon books. I was also drawn in by the instant chemistry between these two, the way Stevie kept Zanders on his toes, and how he just couldn’t seem to stop himself from getting closer. I loved the aeroplane/airport setting; it made the story extremely different to others of the genre. The first two-thirds of the book, in fact, reads as much like a lively history of New York City gangsterism from the mid-18th century through 1930 as it does a novel.

I found the ending to be rather lacklustre, and I felt that there were so many missed opportunities with the overall story. I loved actress Jane's story too - a little gentler, but moving enough to bring a little tear to the eye. Zanders is a playboy so he has moves and skills he deserves, but I was pleasantly surprised by Stevie’s confidence, even if he was initially hesitant. Rebecca’s interests include trapeze, pole-dancing, watching "America’s Next Top Model", and cocktail-drinking.

It was a fantastic first experience with this new author, and it’s got me incredibly excited to read more from the series. Join the passengers and crew aboard in the maiden flight of Pure Air’s LuxeLiner, Flight 111 from London to Los Angeles.

I thought I’d see it all, but when my new job lands me onboard working for the most egotistical and self-righteous diva in the NHL, I start to second guess everything. It may not be true that West is meant to stand for corrupt America, and the Negro women for America's blacks, but the book has been so mishandled by this point that no reader can be sure.With a really bitchy flight attendant and her entourage, a flirty self-centered pilot, a chef more preoccupied for the staff than for the food and an oscar-nominated actress with a big secret, there's enough drama to fill several books.

Rebecca Chance was born in Hampstead to international art dealer parents, and grew up in the exclusive millionaire’s row surroundings of London’s St John’s Wood. When she’s not traveling or writing, Liz can be found reading a good book or taking her Golden Retriever, Luke, on a hike in her hometown in Sonoma County, CA.In fact those were the last 80 pages that teemed in action, and as the book is almost 500 pages long, well. I was expecting to like the mystery of the stalker as well as the murderer but I was really disappointed to read about both of them.

The way that they just slowly see the deeper sides of each other and connect on a almost spiritual level in their most intimate moments was the kicker for me in this book.Catalina is a world famous pop star on her way to the Oscars to perform and unbeknownst to her she has not only her personal assistant in tow but also the stalker who made her life miserable some months prior. It’s a very long book by a new-to-me author, so I knew that it’d need to have a strong start to have any chance of holding my interest – and it definitely did. But that’s how good Liz’s writing is, no matter how many times you’ve read her books, it’s different every time.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment