276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sinner (Priest Book 2)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I love paranormal romance reads and I was anticipating so much for this story, adding the factor it was written by Emma Scott! 🤩 Watch yourself, Ambri," I hiss. "Control your wagging tongue or I'll cut it out of your human mouth and leave your bedmates sorely disappointed." And I think this is just because it was translated but MOST of the book was in 3rd person "Cora said this, Cora did this" and then small parts were in the first person of Cora speaking. I thought maybe there'd be a reason for this later on but there never was. And we even get a second book with this 'buddy' of Casziel's ... I'm really hoping I already know who he'll fall for! GIMME! she accepts dinner invitation, lunch invitation, and basically becomes more sociable with her co-workers;

Book Review: Sinner by Sierra Simone - She Reads Romance Books Book Review: Sinner by Sierra Simone - She Reads Romance Books

Because it isn’t the whodunit type of book, rather one where you find out why the main character acted the way she did, I thought I’d give it a try after some time had passed. In the book, Cora’s relationship with her parents is even more messed-up than in the show. Even the tone is a lot darker, almost ruthless. I guess it has something of the German frankness in the way sexuality and family dynamic is portrayed. It is the weekend and as my public service announcement, if you haven't watched the series, The Sinner then you have missed out. I just finished all three "seasons" and, boy oh boy, this was something very different. Lucy is living a very quiet and boring life. She is struggling with the death of her father and other areas of her life and the only comfort she has are her romance books. Until one day she finds a dead body behind her apartment.. or maybe he's not so dead after all. 😈 However, this feeling of disjointedness could just as easily be a result of the plot itself – Cora is so clearly disturbed and in her ramblings, she is revealing some truth and a lot of lies. Police Commissioner Grovian [and the reader] have to try and separate the fact from the fiction; so, it may well have been this that caused the disjointedness as you’re not privy to the entire truth until the end of the novel. Cora is constantly changing her story, so things are not making a lot of sense throughout the read, although you are able to grasp the consistent theme in her ramblings that link to the truth. Caz was....gah. EVERYTHING. The ultimate tortured hero...or anti hero. Whatever. The man was a demon, and not just a demon, but the ultimate demon. His secrets are dark and they run deep, and the more that gets revealed about him, the more desperate I was to learn more. I loved the way they just fit. Like light to dark, ying to yang, they were like two puzzle pieces that just fit. And the more you learn, the more epic it becomes. This was the ultimate story of soulmates and love everlasting. It was beautiful, emotional, and completely unforgettable.

The story is a filled to the brim with romantic tenderness and emotional avoirdupois, making it impossible to move on even after you've closed the book. Lucy works at a nonprofit organization, but is not very outspoken about her ideas to save the world, because she has quite some demons that are constantly talking down to her and trying to tear her apart. I liked that Emma used these fantasy elements (demons) and made them graspable, because every person has these inner demons/voices that are not there and trying bring you down. She liked life too, but hers had ceased to be a life. It had never been one, strictly speaking. And then it occurred to her how to end it.

Sinner: A Dark College Romance Kindle Edition The Sinner: A Dark College Romance Kindle Edition

If you were to come home and found an unconscious demon lying on your front drive, what would you do? I need your help. In eleven days, it’s all over. For better or for worse. Improbable as it seems, I’m aiming for better.” Lucy and Casziel together in the present were beautiful, I wished that we would have seen a little more about their past and how they fell in love with each other. I love the concept of being soulmates in every life and would have love to see more of why Casziel fell in love with Lucy at the beginning.

Once upon a time, Cas was a warrior who fought fiercely for his homeland. Alas, he was defeated by his enemy and was forced to watched his parents, sister, and wife killed in front of him before he was also eventually put to death. Having died while carrying all these pain, grief, rage, and guilt, he was approached by a demon general (so to speak) who provided him access on how to deal with all those ‘negative’ emotions . . . I'm honestly not surprised at this point, because ES is just one of my all-time favorite authors- her writing style just works so well for me. I truly felt all the emotions when reading the book, and ended up falling absolutely in love with these characters.

The Sinner by Emma Scott | Goodreads The Sinner by Emma Scott | Goodreads

This is a review of the book, The Sinner. I have not, nor will I, watch the television version loosely based on this novel. The Sinner is a complex and intense psychological crime novel which highlights the unpredictable nature of repressed memories when combined with underlying violent tendencies. So how does someone get rid of their demons?” Casziel glanced down at me, his gaze suddenly intense. His tone commanding. “Stop listening to them, Lucy. Starve them with inattention.” This book killed me with all the angst and pain and longing. It hurts so much! I felt so exposed and seen while reading it. The soul shattering, agonizing, tear jerking grief, how it can consume you and the final peace and acceptance. It touched me deep within my heart! They go to a local lido for a picnic and while suicidal thoughts haunt Cora a couple who are flaunting their love and playing a tape trigger a violent reaction from Cora.Cora's hatred towards doctors because they can say something is wrong with you and no one can say otherwise and Frankie is a doctor. Told in dual POV, The Sinner is a delightful read full of passion and tender romance. The historical aspects really enhanced the read because both characters were authentic and destined to be together! As the forces of good and evil battle to the death, Cas and Lucy hold on to each other with everything they have. "ɪ ᴠᴏᴡᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʜᴏɴᴏʀ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴅᴀʏ, ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ, ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ." Overall, The Sinner will appeal to paranormal romance fans who enjoy an epic love story with lyrical text and complex storytelling. This was my first Emma Scott read, and I look forward to reading more from this author!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment