276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Fibre Fuelled Cookbook: Inspiring Plant-Based Recipes to Turbocharge Your Health

£11£22.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Hi, I´m Heidi. Here to inspire you to eat more fiber and plant-based foods. Get energized and healthy! If you've read more than 1-2 books on plant-based eating and gut health/gut bugs, you won't find much new information here (perhaps a new study or two). There's more to health than your weight, and this book is about that--although you may find yourself losing weight along the way. And the author will tell you why it will happen. Not pulling any punches, we're taking on gluten, lectins, low carb, high carb, and everything in between. Let's get ready to rumble! I am a bit concerned about the amount of high-salt foods he includes in his recommendations. I will limit those in my own diet. The rest of his recommendations seem to match other experts in the field.

The Fibre Fuelled Cookbook: Inspiring Plant-Based Recipes to

I have read a *lot* of books about plant-based eating because I'm a nerd and because it helps me eat the way I know I should. So it's saying something when I say that this book is different. Other books present mountains of research about plant-based eating being correlated with all sorts of great health, and that was enough for me to change my diet. But this book takes you inside the why and how it works, and that was fascinating to me. Lastly: Bulsiewicz says you can eat plants unlimited/eat as much as you want constantly throughout the book, which I strongly disagree with, but sure--when you're first starting out, eat your heart out. Don't go hungry. Try new things! We’ve made health too complicated with our extensive lists of foods to avoid, complex percentages of fats-to-protein-to-carb ratios, elimination diets, calorie counting, even weighing our food—and despite all these rules, we’re not getting any better. It just doesn’t need to be this complicated. Diversity of plants. That’s it. That’s all you have to remember. Done. No more annoying food lists. If you follow this one rule, it will lead you to better health. And it will always be the truth no matter what happens: No matter what changes on this planet or in our lifestyles, this core tenet of better health will stay the same.” Vegan pizza, made from whole grain flour. Top with tomato sauce, sundried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, olives, tofu, and arugula(after baking). This must-have cookbookwill inspire you with deeply flavorful, satisfying plant-based recipes that make the Fiber Fueled lifestyle delicious and inviting. But The Fiber Fueled Cookbook is also a revolutionary treatment program for food sensitivity sufferers who have struggled to get a handle on their symptoms. In it you will learn the GROWTH strategy, a groundbreaking approach that helps readers break down what’s causing their GI problems, and discover real solutions that are personalized to their individual needs.Great information in this book. The v science is sound. The explanation are clear. I feel like I understand the gut and microbiome. I understand more clearly why eating processed foods are not healthy. Dr B provides a ton of valuable information and makes it easily understood. I flew through this book and feel so much better about what I need to eat to make myself feel my best. I recommend this book to everyone I know. I gave this book 5 stars for his part in the book but was not a fan of the 4 week meal plan for a few reasons:

Fiber fueled recipes - Fiber Food Factory Fiber fueled recipes - Fiber Food Factory

I was also the chief medical resident at Northwestern and the chief gastroenterology fellow at UNC, and I received the highest award given by both my residency and fellowship. The New York Times bestselling plant-based plan to heal your gut with fibre and restore good health, from award-winning gastroenterologist Dr Will Bulsiewicz. His other two mantras are #1 "slow and grow" meaning start very slowly with dietary changes, particularly if you have a GI condition such as IBS. You have to "grow" your gut biome and "strengthen" your GI muscles. He compares it to working out in a gym. If you go nuts on day 1 with 15lb weights of course you'll be too sore to get out of bed the next day. Start with 1-3lb weights. This means slowly introducing the fiber foods and supplements he suggests (eg prebiotics) Green smoothie made with frozen spinach, 1 avocado, 1 banana, 1 tablespoon chia or flax, and plant milk/water. Next came a couple of years of creeping cholesterol numbers at the doctor, body changes (hello early menopause!), and a nagging belief that diversity was key to my health. My sister told me about this book as I was telling her that I needed to add more fiber to my diet and everything started coming together for me. Dispelled by science, via a huge number of well-done studies, was my former belief that bloating and gas meant food intolerance which had lead me to cut out more and more foods reducing my food diversity and therefore my microbiome diversity. Dr. B's very accessible approach to explaining these studies and the science behind what is going on in our guts (to the best of our knowledge right now) makes it easy to get on board with understanding that eating a diverse plant based diet is an excellent goal.I also liked that Bulsiewicz doesn't act like he knows what's best for the reader nor does he yell, preach, or tell you what to do. Rather he says here is the information, letting you decide for yourself (A+) and provides strategies/actionable things to do if you decide "okay I'll try THAT." He also gets personal and shares what he and his wife do exactly with some foods. Some meals I was unable to cook because prep took too long. I went to go cook the sunflower sandwich and the first step was soak the sunflower seeds in water for 24 HOURS. This should have been listed in the prep for the week. The food recommendations should be used as a guideline, not as a "you must eat this and only this" set of rules, in my opinion. Personally, I am not going to get up and cook a bunch of stuff for breakfast, but I will use some of the more "put these foods together for your meal" suggestions. Please don't get bogged down in whether you think you will like a specific recipe. The author is trying to help you out, but you can adapt the meal plan as long as you adhere to its principles and still find your health improving. VARIETY. Bulsiewicz says you can eat kale and blueberries every day and still be unhealthy because you need a variety--so switch it up with collards, swiss chard, turnip greens, etc. Also, quite a bit of presumption and simplification/minification of deeper problems. He presents his lifestyle and diet as this idyllic version of perfection that we should all strive for and describes it in excessively glowing terms. This ignores that a lot of people eat poorly for emotional reasons, not because they're ignorant of nutrition.

The Fibre Fuelled Cookbook by Will Bulsiewicz | Waterstones

You may know me as @TheGutHealthMD. I'm the New York Times bestselling author of the book Fiber Fueled , a full-time gastroenterologist, and an internationally recognized gut health expert. A bold new plant-based plan that challenges popular keto and paleo diets, from an award-winning gastroenterologist . Of course, telling people to switch to a plant based diet is basically laudable, so you can't get too down on this book. And it is useful to have a lot of info organized in one place instead of all over the internet, magazines, and afternoon TV shows. It just felt more like the job of eating instead of the joy of cooking. Whether you are well on your plant-based path, or excited to get started, the 100+ irresistible recipes in this book, including Lemon Lentil Salad, Cheezy Broccoli Potato Soup, Maple Peanut Granola, and Chocolate Cookie Milk, will get you ready to embrace the power of being Fiber Fueled! The last half of the book is an actual day by day four week eating regimen, complete with shopping lists and lists of needed pantry items. If you need that kind of rigorous structure to clean up your eating and your microbiome, that is probably an additional benefit and appeal of this book. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of pricey and sometimes complicated recipes.However, when your weight-loss stops and you're unhappy about it, stop overeating ;) To be fair, at the end of the book he talks very briefly about mindful eating and to avoid emotional eating/toxic hunger and doing the Japanese habit of eating to only 80% full/try IF. The recipes would call for already prepped items even though the grocery list said to buy fresh. It was frustrating getting ready to make lunch and then realizing this is going to take an extra hour because even though they said to buy 2 beets, the recipe now says 2 steamed beets. Either these steps need to be included in the recipe or the already prepped items needed to be listed in the grocery list. Here is one example of how I design our meal plan for the week for 2 adults. It is good to make some extra so it lasts for next day lunch or dinner also. This saves some cooking time. This must-have cookbook will inspire you with deeply flavourful, satisfying plant-based recipes that make the Fibre Fuelled lifestyle delicious and inviting. But The Fibre Fuelled Cookbook is also a revolutionary treatment programme for food sensitivity sufferers who have struggled to get a handle on their symptoms. In it you will learn the GROWTH strategy, a groundbreaking approach that helps readers break down what's causing their GI problems, and discover real solutions that are personalised to their individual needs.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment