276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Evie and the Animals

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Primary School Library Alliance is calling on the government to match-fund the private investment it has brought into helping primary schools c... Dit boek is echt een aanrader voor dierenvrienden. Het boek is voor 8+, maar dierenvrienden van alle leeftijden zullen smullen van dit verhaal. Eefje sluit vriendschap met veel dieren, maar vindt het lastig om vrienden te worden met mensen. Haar worsteling hiermee komt ook aan bod in het boek. Dit zal herkenbaar zijn voor kinderen, en zij kunnen van dit verhaal dan ook leren. Brilliant . . . Will make you laugh out loud, cheer on Evie and her awesome plans, and fall in love with the weird and wonderful animals that she meets” ( Fun Kids) Nykyisin on ollut melko hankala selata kirjasomea törmäämättä Matt Haigiin ja erityisesti Keskiyön kirjastoon. Olen itse lukenut häneltä ainoastaan Radleyn perhe - vampyyriromaanin, joten oli ihan mielenkiintoista tarttua hänen uusimpaan lastenkirjaansa "Eevin eläinmaailma" (Aula, 2021).

prin a spune că îmi place foarte mult acest autor și cărțile pe care le-am citit până acum de la el, iar aceasta, chiar dacă este destinată copiilor, nu face excepție. ✨ Het gaat allemaal best prima, totdat Eefje in de dierentuin is en met de dieren uit de dierentuin gaat praten. Na die dag zijn alle dieren in de stad in gevaar, maar niet alleen de dieren, ook de vader van Eefje. Eefje weet wie er achter zit en wil deze mysterieuze man ontmoeten. Dit gaat niet zonder slag of stoot.Evie and the Animals, illustrated with humour and dexterity by Emily Gravett, is on the side of kindness and truthfulness . . . Short paragraphs and simple language are charged with warmth and joie de vivre” ( Sunday Times) I'm afraid I can't quite understand why "Evie and the Animals" has been so highly praised. Yes, the book is by Matt Haig, and? The basic idea is very nice, simple and not new. Evie can talk to animals, or rather she can hear their thoughts and then talk to them in her mind as well, which at least reduces the awkwardness factor a bit. What is new is that she seems to be the only one who has this gift. Her father has also strictly forbidden her to do this thing. One soon learns why. An evil man, who also has the gift, but manipulates animals according to his will, is to blame for the death of Evie's mother and wants to destroy all people who also have this gift. So we have a dead mother (and more dead people mentioned in passing), a supervillain, lots of mystery, and a few clichés (the principal for example fulfills all the clichés of a negative school principal). I liked all the animal side characters, as well as Evie's grandmother and her attitudes toward life. Emily Gravett’s amusingly lifelike illustrations of all the animals add a great deal of pleasure to the reading experience – creating a book you won’t want to put down until you know the end! A book to stimulate thoughts about the environment and self-worth wrapped up in an excellent story for young readers. Povestea este captivantă, cu o mulțime de informații interesante despre animale de care cei mici se vor bucura cu siguranță, iar ilustrațiile completează perfect totul! Kirja kertoo Eevi-nimisesta yksitoistavuotiaasta tytöstä, joka rakastaa eläimiä yli kaiken ja jolla on myös erityislaatuinen kyky kommunikoida telepaattisesti niiden kanssa. Mutta onko kyseessä lahja vai kirous? Salaisuutena asia on joka tapauksessa syytä pitää, eikä siitä saa vahingossakaan kertoa kenellekään perhepiirin ulkopuolella. Niin ajattelee ainakin isä, jonka mielestä asia voi johtaa hankaliin ja pahoihin tilanteisiin. Eevin äiti on puolestaan kuollut myrkkyhämähäkin puremaan tytön ollessa aivan pieni.

At the moment, I’m reading Artemis Fowlby Eoin Colfer to my children every evening and they are gripped. It is a smorgasbord of literary treats and adventure. A beguiling read, filled with warmth and humour, and a vibrant celebration of the power of books to change lives." Matt’s brand new book, Evie And The Animals, is perfect for readers aged 7-12. It tells the story of 11-year-old Evie who lives with her dad and has a supertalent which allows her to speak to animals. When her dad is suddenly in danger, Evie has to use her talent to save him!

ISBN

This is a timely novel which has themes around helping save the environment and its animals and will surely appeal to all animal lovers. This character led tightly plotted thriller enables the reader to fully engage with the heart-warming story, whilst also embracing your own difference – making for a very satisfactory reading experience in a chapter book. Evie and the Animals written by Matt Haig and illustrated by Emily Gravett, published by Canongate, is out now! My daughter wanted me to write a book for animals. Also, it came from being inspired by all the young climate change activists. Bestselling author Alexandra Christo, author of TikTok sensation To Kill a Kingdom, introduces her new book, The Night Hunt (Hot Key Books), a dark...

Evie adores animals! Everyone thinks she is a bit strange, what they do not know is that she has the powers to read the minds of animals. One night, Evie has a dream, she tells a snake not to eat a poison dart frog because it will die, and that is where we meet Mortimer J Mortimer. He has the same magical powers as Evie, but uses them in his attempt to conquer the world. I would definitely recommend this book to any ages. Teaches children not to worry about fitting in . . . A suspenseful thriller, with a fine balance of peril and poignancy . . . Haig is a deeply engaging writer. This book will appeal to a wide range of readers – not just those who worry about fitting in” ( Daily Telegraph) Ja ellei tässä olisi vielä tarpeeksi, saa eläinrakas sankarittaremme kuulla vielä melkoisen paljastuksen, joka liittyy hänen kuolleeseen äitiinsä ja menneisyyteensä. Entä miten tähän kaikkeen liittyy maailman pahin mies Mortimer J. Mortimer? This is a delightful pacy read, led by Evie with her super-talent of being able to hear and talk to animals. When Evie has released the school rabbit and caused a deal of trouble, she promises her father she will ignore her talent – which she does for a whole year. But then animals start to disappear, all sorts of animals, can Evie help to find them and solve their mysterious disappearances? As well as being a number one bestselling writer for adults, Matt Haig has won the Blue Peter Book Award, the Smarties Book Prize and been nominated three times for the Carnegie Medal for his stories for children and young adults.

About Matt Haig

The plot is super, allowing children to travel the world from the safety of their own homes whilst learning about other countries, ecology and geography. The magical element of Evie being able to communicate with animals makes Evie in the Jungle appeal to children’s imaginations too and they’ll love the rudeness of Neruda. I think there are all kinds of opportunity to use Evie in the Jungle for learning as well as enjoyment. I am ashamed that I hadn’t heard of Professor Abigail Garcia and so I learnt from the story too. Evie has a talent that can let her hear the thoughts of an elephant, and make friends with a dog and a sparrow. After a face-to-face encounter with a lion, things start to go wrong. Her family and every animal in town is in danger. Step into a world filled with secrets and an evil man known as Mortimer J Mortimer. This is a gripping adventure. I would describe this book in three words: danger, animals and hero. I would rate this five stars out of five.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment