276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Osprey Poco LT Unisex Child Carrier Blue Sky - O/S

£137.5£275.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Be happy and enthusiastic. Kids can read off your energy, so try to stay chipper even when you’re tired. Take advantage of kids napping in the carrier. Ours always naps on hikes longer than 3 miles and often we try to time the hike so she gets a nap at the same time. The Poco LT is slimmer and lighter than most other kid carriers. It cuts down on weight and allows you to transport it more easily. It has a UPF 50 sunshade to protect your kiddo and two spacious storage compartments for essentials. Both my wife and I have been hiking with our daughter Finola since birth. She’s 2 years old now and loves hiking with us. That said, if we’re 6 miles into a hike, she’s as tired as we are, so we’ve learned a few things to keep her happy on the trail. A whole lot of variables go into child carrying. Having a quality harness, padding in all the right places and malleable suspension systems that adjust to each set of shoulders is the bare minimum for certification. All these features won’t come cheap, but they’ll definitely come in handy when you’re a few miles in, and the little ones decide they are done.

The best child carriers for hiking don’t all seek to reinvent the industry or to take 2-year-olds further than they’ve ever gone before. Some technically advanced models are suitable everywhere except for the north face, while others keep things casual and flood in ample storage space. Start small! Do some short, local hikes in good weather and work up to longer hikes as your kid gets accustomed to it.

Your child will take their first glimpses of the great outdoors on your shoulders. While hopefully, they’ll be taking big steps of their own sooner rather than later, parents don’t have to wait around for their kids to grow up to show them the world. The Osprey Poco LT child carrier includes an adjustable torso with 6 inches of torso adjustments available. This will fit torso measurements of 15-21 inches. The torso adjustment mechanism on the Poco LT differs completely from the ‘One-Size-Fits-All’ mechanism featured on the Poco and Poco Plus models. This difference does not appear to limit the torso length or functionality, it just doesn’t have the same sturdy feel. The Poco LT uses velcro to secure the adjustment. The ease of changing the torso length is a wonderful feature but, the velcro can be a bit difficult to undo to move it up or down. Try jogging or bouncing a bit as you walk. When our daughter gets tired of riding, I start to bounce and she laughs every single time. Each tester said they preferred the comfort and fit of the Poco LT. Both dads said the Poco Plus was still a viable option, but given the choice, they’d choose the LT. Foot stirrups are not included in this version of the Poco. Stirrups are not necessary while your child is small but, as they grow, it is helpful for circulation and comfort to have foot stirrups for support.

The moms said they’d exclusively carry the LT, as it was comfier, smaller, and easier to put on while the child is in it. Additionally, it’s lighter in weight at 5.1 pounds compared to 7.9 pounds. Especially when it comes to child carriers, ultra-lightweight isn’t always better. Child carriers often feature internal or external frames that help share the load and guarantee the entire weight of your kids isn’t only on your shoulders. Extra ounces also come in handy when they produce a hard-wearing child carrier. Kids (much like dogs) are a conversation starter for people, so be prepared to chat with more folks than normal.Your life changes when you have a kid, but you don’t have to stop hiking. The Poco LT is built to carry kids for longer distances while keeping you comfortable. Both my wife and I are big fans of the Osprey Poco LT child carrier, and it’s the top carrier we recommend to our parent friends who are looking for a comfy and lightweight carrier. There is nothing like the fresh air and the hush of the woods to bring a family together, but those little guys can get heavy long before they can walk by themselves. Therefore, choosing the right kid carrier is almost as paramount as choosing the right kid. Any one of the child carriers on our list will give your kids a front-row seat to the natural flow of things and give you a great way to get some fresh air and exercise while still hanging out with your toddlers. There is no hike that comes without the risk of a slip. In fact, if you keep walking long enough, you’re bound to take a tumble. Make sure your child carrier comes with the proper harness straps and extra splashes of grip that will guarantee your tumble doesn’t ruin the afternoon.

Consider letting them walk at the beginning of the hike to get some wiggles out. Our child loves this, but I hate it since I want to “hit the trail.” However, she’s almost always happier on the hike if we let her roam for while before we start. Minimum child age for use: 6 months (child must also weigh 16 lbs. and be able to sit up with head upright)Since those initial tests, my daughter Finola has grown to love the carrier (and just grown in general). When she sees it, she knows we’re going on an adventure. She’s getting bigger and heavier (25 pounds). And our hikes are often farther, as she is used to it and has a longer attention span. Keep kids interested in the hike by pointing out things on the trail. I point out animals, bugs, puppies, water, or really anything.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment