276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Doctor Who - 12" Radio Control Dalek Thay

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Character Options’s 18” radio control interactive Dalek responds to spoken commands as well as having traditional radio control functions via a special multi-function control unit. With independent head, body and eye movement as well as multiple sensory inputs including touch, now you can control the ‘supreme being in the universe’ from the comfort of your living room... Using the dessert / breakfast dish used earlier to make the disk fitted above the skirt section, and some cereal box type cardboard, mark and cut out 5 disks. Now with 4 of the disks, use a smaller plate to mark, then cut out an inner circle to make rings about 3cm deep. The 5th disc leave whole.

Continue to fix the rest of the struts starting with front middle one. Now the trial and error bit comes in here. You want the top plate to be as level as possible, so here you can alter the size of the strut using and taping up the tabs which will also help to center the top plate and keep the tube axle straight when it rotates. Finish off fitting the last 2 struts and when the glue is dry, simply use a pair of scissors to trim off any excess cardboard from the strut tabs so everything is flush with the top plate. Thread the motor wires (now for the eye stalk) along with the aerial wire through the hole of the top plate. (an afterthought which might make things neater would be to thread the wires in to the tube axle from the tank turret and out through the top) This stunning model represents Davros as seen in The Stolen Earth and Journeys End… 11 7 Nov 2008 18″ Radio Controlled Supreme Dalek What was need to be done now was to create some kind of support frame to take the weight of the body, chest, head and mechanisms. I had to keep the overall weight of the Darlek build down, simply because the tank was kinda old and after some testing, found out that it couldn't take too much weight, as it would not turn properly and the cogs connected to the drive motors would start to slip and make a nasty grinding noise. Not cool. I will give steps on how I made this frame, but there is probably a better, neater way of doing so. Squeeze the foam and lid in to one side of the pens for a solid fit. Glue together if you wish. And it's doneMany years ago, the Daleks sent out thousands of egg-shaped Progenitors containing the genetic coding of the race, so that new Daleks could be created whenever necessary… 119 13 Nov 2010 Remote 13″ Dalek Drone – Pictures / Video We're about half way through the build now and are going to make the Darlek look a bit more like a Dalek now. This was a fun part to make, although a little bit fiddly and delicate to do. I had some good photos to go by to make the eye stalk but I did have to make a few slight modifications to the actual eye peace. The reason for this is because I wanted to add something a bit special, a small WiFi web cam, that could be viewed through an iPhone or PC which could stream real time live video and take photos. rear side panels, top 4cm, bottom 6cm, one side 19cm, other side 20cm (the different size on the two sides of the panel make the angled shape)

Using a pen, mark 5cm lengths on each side, top and bottom on each rod then, using a craft knife or some scissors, carefully cut down these marks to form 8 flaps, or tabs (4 top, 4 bottom), then put to one side for the moment. Doctor Who 12″ Remote Dalek Re-Release… 76 15 Jul 2017 Doctor Who 12″ Remote “Asylum” Dalek (Toys r Us) Next you can either get out the remote control unit and use this as a remote control vehicle, or you can experience the Dalek's built-in voice activated operating modes. The motor for the eye peace had its own circuit board as I mentioned earlier. To house this, I made a small cardboard compartment and glued it to the top base of the skirt section, close to the weapons panel and away from the center axle. 2 wires came from the p/c board that attached to the motor. The motor will sit above the chest section.

Be the First to Share

Now that most of the panels are fitted and glue is set, carefully cover them with duct tape making sure you cover and seal the all the joins of the panels. This also adds to stability and firms up the skirts somewhat. There is enough room to put your hand in to the body because of the missing panels so you can stabilize the cardboard and smooth out any air bubbles when applying the tape. Wrap the leftover pen with aluminum tape. Then on the main body of the pen, using a very small screwdriver, make 6 equally spaced pilot holes near the tip end, and then 6 more about 3cm's from the end.

To enter voice activation mode (or to give the Dalek any voice commands at all) you need to get the Dalek's attention. This you do by simply saying: "Dalek". Once it's recognised the command it will say: "Yes". When dry, gather all the balls and remove all the wire hooks. Now with a sharp craft knife, cut down the center of each ball as straight as possible, making equal size halves, starting where the little hole is where the wire hook was poking in. Now repeat the process, this time around the base just above the bumper. When the base is complete, go panel by panel adding the final two spheres (four on the two larger side panels), making sure they are evenly spaced down and across the skirt panels. Done. I should note that in some of the photos, where the camera lens joins the eye peace, it can be seen where I did originally use PVC foam but it looked really rough which is when I decided to use the deodorant lid instead which I think looks much neater.Dalek Sec – The Leader of the Cult of Skaro… 9 7 May 2008 12″ Radio Controlled Imperial Guard Dalek Using some more cereal box cardboard, this will make the outer chest cover. No measurements here for this, but what I did was use a couple of sheets of scrap A4 paper, measured out 10 cm then cut out a shallow curve, placed it against the chest area, and trimmed off paper that was to high. Then make a cut out to go around the top and sides of the weapons panel. When I was happy with it, I used the paper cutout as a template and marked out 2 sections on the cereal box then cut them out. Just to reiterate, these are not proper spec sizes, but what I came up with and used, which seemed to work quite well in the end. With the camera, it had 2 small PC boards, 1 with the on/off switch, charging port and battery, and the other connected to the camera lens and microphone. They were connected by 4 small wires with a small, plug which I had to cut and extend. If you decide to use a camera, please bear in mind that it will probably differ to the one I used, and the wiring may be different to what is mentioned below. Glue all the bottom tabs to the top base above the skirts, evenly spaced, and wait for glue to set. Then glue the newly cut disk to the top tabs of the supports, only doing 2 or 3 at a time, using cloths pegs to hold in place until the glue sets. then poke the aerial wire and eye motor through the top hole.

A WORD OF WARNING just in case your not aware. Polystyrene and spray paint are not friends (As seen in the last photo).Doctor Whoo oo, HEY, Doctor Who, Doctor Whoo oo, HEY, The T.A.R.D.I.S". Who remembers that little gem of a song (or not as the case may be ;-) from 1988 by The Timelords (AKA The KLF). Anyway that was NOT the inspiration I got for starting this project, but photos of homemade Daleks I have seen on the net, projects people have made on Instructables, especially the ones made by craftycounterpart and by Sci_Fi_Steve which are very cool, and of course Doctor Who's 50th anniversary certainly were.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment