276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Girlcrush: The #1 Sunday Times Bestseller

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It also did not deliver on its taglines as 'twas not a hot, dark story, nor a Jekyll and Hyde retelling, nor a feminist dark comedy. There are even spelling mistakes (an 'aisle' in the supermarket is spelt 'isle', for instance - hello, proofreader? The final part had me feeling very melancholy and the last pages were so rushed and confusing I completely dissociated and unable to socialize after the jarring ending.

Given just wanted too much here, and she could not deliver on the narrative control it takes to make such an ambitious project work. i felt eartha didn’t treat her friend very well, nor did she ever apologize for the way she acted towards her.

She’s not happy with Matt, who has come to think of Eartha as someone he can treat as a servant and verbally abuse. Being the ideal way to make the moment memorable, we handed out samples of the story as we went along with vibrant street poster sites providing the perfectly paired backdrop – before Florence became a Sunday Times bestseller for the second time running. To be fair, I think it’s really hard to get any kind of literature about social media or cancel culture tonally right (and I’d credit Patricia Lockwood’s novel No One Is Talking About This and Porpentine’s longform essay Hot Allostatic Load as the only examples that I think truly work).

i could not say anything in those reviews better myself and would urge you to read own voices thoughts on these topics, but instead i would like to take this opportunity to showcase some of my favourite quotes and plot holes.Thought all the characters were great and showed a nice inside into queer lives, the love stories at the start were electric but then it felt like the whole story line got a little muddy. but then my mum came into my room and said some homophobic shit that made me cry (thank you for the reality check! I really enjoyed devouring Eartha's exploration of sensuality, friendships and identity but it really became a mish-mash that left some things unsaid and too many cliffhangers to close the book and say, 'amazing would recommend'. I’m not talking about the queer and bisexual representation, nor the near future setting (please don’t let voice notes become a future thing).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment