276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Barbarians of Lemuria: Sword & Sorcery Role-playing Game, Legendary Edition

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Others have commented on the player's possible frustration at not being able to control her character's development given that it is so slow in BoL. My thoughts about this are: The following list of Careers should cover just about anything that a Sword & Sorcery or Sword & Planet hero might need. (These have been shamelessly adapted from the excellent rpg Barbarians of Lemuria.) […]

Skill systems like those in Traveller, Fate, various d100 systems, and D&D 3.5 group probabilities of success by type of action or knowledge. After the battle is won (and of course you knew it would be), there are, like, four more song & dance numbers, most of which aren’t worth remembering. Except the one where Candraprabhava interrupts his comedic romancing (chasing, really) of the princess’ sisters, attendants, and every other female on screen other than Kathindra, to urinate on the head of Bontu Bhavsar, who for some reason is being held in a dungeon cell directly beneath the main room of the palace (thus being tortured by hearing the celebration song – along with suffering the “monkey shower”– through the iron grate that is just above his head and out of his reach). One can only imagine the trouble he would have caused if only they had made a third installment. How supported is the game? I'm "corebook only" mostly, but many gamers like game lines with lots of stuff to buy. I havent played with the ship rules, but this seems like a pretty good game for nautical adventures. Being pursued by a murderous war-party of grooth, the Heroes are two days into the chase. They have only slept in snatches, tasted few scraps of food, and are cold, tired, and thirsty. Always, it seems, the grooth war-party is close on their heels. Feral eyes glinting in the near-distance. The PCs are just breaking a hasty camp, when a scouting party of grooth come upon them.

Ratings & Reviews

I spent the rest of the night wandering and chatting and having a couple of drinks with assorted folks. I ended up spending a chunk of time talking with Robert Parker of Hydra Cooperative at their booth. I snagged some goodies ( Misty Isles of the Eld, some funky zines) and had a nice time. Then I turned in so I’d be fresh and ready for… Friday All told, the idea is that you might want to roll Mercenary, and end up rolling Mercenary -> Slave -> Pirate and increasing your Pirate career essentially by mistake. give progressive modifiers on the table based on the characters current level in that career and/or the stage of the game and/or the number of rolls so far made on the table, so as to access new results Four Careers (initially), taken from a somewhat open list of setting-appropriate occupations, ranked from 0 to 4.

The rulebook gets right to business. You get a brief description of what Sword & Sorcery is about, which frankly is nothing special. I mean, honestly, is anyone going to buy this book who isn't already familiar with what S&S is about?! An alternative approach, used in Risus, Prose Descriptive Qualities (PDQ), Wushu, and HeroQuest (the Moon Design RPG, not the boardgame), ranks player-defined Clichés, Qualities, Keywords or Abilities. The Mythic Edition uses a bonus/penalty die approach for weapon damage: d6L means roll 2d6 and use the lower die, d6H means roll 2d6 and use the higher die. Wherein your humble scribe presents a couple of monsters and an artifact (in Barbarians of Lemuria format) that he whipped up for his nascent Lovecraftian Fantasy setting, Nogoloth, as he continues to dither on which system to use for such things. Simon Washbourne is pretty clear on what his game's goals are, what kind of adventures he is interested in, and to what purpose he made his ruleset. You don't like his approach? It's fine, nobody has to like everything. There are weak parts? Sure, as in every other game. But assuming and presuming to know without a doubt what the goal of every single game is (and that only there is one)? That's beyond, beyond pretentious!My thanks to Simon Washbourne for creating this modern rules light design classic. If there was any one thing I’d say is for version 2 (if there is one) go crazy on the art budget and get some classic Jeff Easley style cover and internal art. Your presence here is at my will! Your power serves my own! Your service shall be rewarded in blood! So I sing in the name of Zog-Thaaaaaaal-oooooooth!” the priestess concluded the summoning song, ascending the scale of Ullaq fully, her lungs afire with the raw power of the final note, so high and piercing that the cavern came alive with a host of Kral bats, their slumber broken by a tone unfamiliar even to their keen ears.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment