276°
Posted 20 hours ago

James Acaster's Guide to Quitting Social Media: Being the Best You You Can Be and Saving Yourself from Loneliness: 1

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I cannot stress enough that this is NOT A SELF-HELP BOOK! I was a fan of James Acaster's comedy before reading this so I fully understood that it was not a self-help book but it seems that some of the reviewers on here and elsewhere thought that it was. It's probably best described as a farcical comedic book about how to quit social media by completely unrealistic means, you aren't going to get any tips on how to realistically quit social media within it.

Funny, fantastical and forthright, this is an indispensable survival guide to the real world' - Daily Mail This epoch-defining tome will finally solve the riddle of how we can stay off social media and still find the dizzying highs that come with each tweet. It's not an exaggeration to say that this book will change lives.’

Recent News

The acclaimed comedian joined the Chris Evans Breakfast Show with Sky to talk about his new book, James Acaster’s Guide to Quitting Social Media. If you want to laugh at just some absolutely absurd ways of living, this book is definitely for you. If you’re looking for an actual self help guide that will help you delete social media….why did you come to James Acaster for that advice in the first place. Are you tired of feeling like you're constantly glued to your phone, scrolling through endless feeds and feeling like you're missing out on real life? Look no further than James Acaster's Guide to Quitting Social Media! This book is like a breath of fresh air, giving you the tools and inspiration to break free from social media addiction and be the best version of yourself. And I enjoyed all of that, and building that fake world, and I thought, ‘Do you know what, let’s put all of this into a book, and really go all in on it.’”

His life is amazing and yours could be too if you buy JAMES ACASTER'S GUIDE TO QUITTING SOCIAL MEDIA, BEING THE BEST YOU YOU CAN BE AND SAVING YOURSELF FROM LONELINESS VOL. 1. Employing the help of a mysterious, wealthy benefactor named Clancy Dellahue, and an ever-growing gang of misfits (aka the Tangfastic Crew), James found ways to replace his online friends (he joined the scouts) and spy on his exes (climbing ropes, zip lines, fake moustache) as well as anonymously bullying strangers, seeing photos of everyone's dogs, getting public figures fired, arguing with everybody about everything, and so much more. Thus, I was intrigued to see the return of a more Repertoire-like Acaster in his new book — not simply because that is the style of his I prefer, but because it signals that one of the most idiosyncratically creative comedians in the industry has not stopped exploring where he might want to go. We comedy fans are the better for it. His life is amazing and yours could be too if you buy James Acaster's Guide to Quitting Social Media, Being the Best You You Can Be and Saving Yourself from Loneliness Vol. 1.

Find Live comedy

This is a self help book like no other. Because you are not helping yourself, James Acaster is helping you. The comedian also hosts the massively-popular Off Menu podcast with Ed Gamble, and during the interview, he gave his thoughts on newsreader Sinead putting coleslaw on her roast dinner. “I wouldn’t do that, personally!” he stated. Granted, this review is incredibly biased because I would listen to James Acaster explain how he views the world for hours. After watching a video of his interpretation of Pinocchio and Nish Kumar saying that he wanted a James Acaster interpretation of the Bible…I cannot help but agree. You will also need to do everything the book tells you to. Including helping us promote the book by tweeting about it.

This is James’ third book, following on from 2017's Classic Scrapes and 2019's Perfect Sound Whatever. When speaking about writing it, he told Tom (Allen - not Tom from Myspace!): “I loved it. Just getting completely lost in a ridiculous world, where the character all the way through the book is trying to find replacements in the real world for what social media used to give him. So, a lot of silly capers. Making my own memes, making my own gifs, with a full film crew, and forming a whole cult by the end as well, so I got to really let my imagination run wild.” If you want to get off social media and leech your brain of all the toxic things that social media has planted in there, deep deep within your brain, this is the book for you. James told Tom, however, that some people don’t seem to have grasped the fact that it’s a fictitious version of his life. “Even though there are bits in it where I get my tie caught in a candy floss machine, and I get a job in a primary school so I can bully kids, even though that’s in there, there have been a lot of interviewers who think the book is serious!” he laughed.James Acaster's Guide to Quitting Social Media, Being The Best YOU You Can Be And Saving Yourself From Loneliness, Vol. 1 will be published byHeadlineon August, 18.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment