276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Topping E70 DAC Preamp Audio Decoder- ES9028PRO Bluetooth5.1 LDAC Hi-Res XU316 32Bit/768kHz DSD512 BT/USB/Coax/Opt Inputs RCA/XLR HiFi Stereo Digital-to-Analog-Convertor Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If Topping had eARC instead of I2S (or perhaps both in same connector), it would open a totally new market, even without decoders. That said, at the point when I made the request for a review sample of the Topping E70 V, I didn't notice that it wasn't equipped for MQA decoding and playback. I attached the included Bluetooth antenna, but never explored its functionality; I still believe—at this point, at least—that Bluetooth technology is still a bit half-baked, and isn't capable of providing true audiophile sound quality. With the help of ES9028Pro DAC, the E70 achieves class-leading performance with ultra-low THD+N and high SNR ratings. The E70 V is offered in black or silver case finishes; my review sample arrived in black, and its appearance was stylish and sophisticated.

With the L70, Topping offers a highly engineered balanced NFCA headphone amplifier and preamplifier combo that delivers excellent sonic performance and is suitable for a wide range of use scenarios. Benchmark HPA4 has 2 XLR inputs and the power of any input can be increased or decreased individually (Love this feature a lot!An international package could experience delays like postal strikes or severe weather or Cov-19 situation. Dual AKM designs always impressed me in terms of scale, however dual AK4497 in a desktop form is a first for me. The refunded amount may be slightly different from your original national currency payment due to Currency Exchange rates varying, HiFiGo is not responsible for the difference.

I provided them with links to multiple published reviews from Copper, Positive Feedback, and even Stereophile; then at least another week or so passed. Noon by Infected Mushroom sounded very punchy, it slammed quite hard, especially with the Quad Era-1 headphones. The Topping stack is a little more artificial sounding but it’s still no slouch and I found the vocals still very detailed sounding. On the left side of the glossy front panel, right next to the power button, there is a white LED display.AKM's VELVETSOUND, dual-chip process flow provides a clear path for native DSD files that allows them to proceed through the DAC unaltered, all the way to the conversion from digital to analog. The Endpoint streams the digital signal to the Gustard X26 Pro DAC via an i2S connection; a 10mHz BNC connection shares the signal with the Gustard C18 external clock. This allows the internal "magic" of the VELVETSOUND process to occur that gives the E70 V the edge over other delta-sigma DACs. That didn't seem like a terribly bad alternative at the time, but when AKM came back online mid-2022 and introduced their newest flagship DAC chips, the discussion seems to have started all over again!

To my surprise, a new version of the E70 DAC was around the corner using AKM’s newest flagship instead of an older ESS 9028pro DAC from the standard E70. Thereby, combining them into a "shared language" that slightly diminishes the overall quality of native DSD playback.The E70 V seems to be as much directed at headphone users as it is for use as an audiophile DAC, and the preamp functions allow for easy integration with a headphone amp. I’m happy to see AKM is finally back and while I had low interest in their DAC offerings from past experiences, I find myself way more interested in seeing how their future DAC designs sound. The engineers at TOPPING understood that in addition to the more versatile XLR 4V and RCA 2V outputs, there are also extensive needs for XLR 5V and RCA 2. This design feature allows you to have complete control over the desired volume according to your listening preferences. On the D70 official page, Topping is also offering few measurements, same can be found in the user manual.

From the ESS Sabre flagship ES9028PRO on the E70 OG model, TOPPING has jumped back into the world of rich AKM DACs. Disabling the volume control allows native DSD signals to pass through the dual chip configuration without grouping them with PCM files, and without any conversion.

But USB has come a long way, and the USB playback capabilities of the E70 V either match or exceed those of the Gustard X26 Pro. I like that all the usual audiophile marketing snake-oil is not present in the manual, just pure specs and facts. You can connect it to other 12V Trigger compatible devices, it can be turned on and off synchronously with them. The hobby will mainly still be fun for subjectivists, guys that think they can here te difference between a top class D amp and a top class A/B amp.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment