276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Worst Week Ever! Monday

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We were told too often about how everyone fell in love with Carrie - this woman had been working for Trent for 2 yrs, and suddenly she's the woman of everyone's dream? I also didn't need to be told three different times what her height and weight were. Delivery with Standard Australia Post usually happens within 2-10 business days from time of dispatch. Please be aware that the delivery time frame may vary according to the area of delivery and due to various reasons, the delivery may take longer than the original estimated timeframe. That’s not all. Dad is on a green food diet, and Justin gets a green, green smoothie for breakfast before he gets driven to school. And did you know Dad the plumber drives a giant toilet on wheels? (ALL CISTERNS GO!) Trent Lancaster spends one month without his Executive Assistant (or as his drivers refers to Carrie: 'Trent's brain, left hand, and right hand'. He's had a miserable month without her at his side and to ensure it never happens again, he intends to marry this brilliant beauty. Only given all the times he's threatened to fire her, he's not sure she even likes him. However, the future of his company and his happiness depend upon him succeeding, so Trent begins a slow one week seduction, that happens to coincide with Carrie Hanson's Worst Week Ever when everything that can go wrong does so in hilarious form. (Hilarious to the reader, Carrie is not having much fun this week.)

Justin’s cat, who is essentially a ball of furry attitude (cattitude?) is newly missing, presumably abducted by aliens. That kind of far-fetched, OUTLANDISH thing only really happens in PREPOSTEROUS kids’ books. You know, like this one. En suosittele kirjaa, jos olet herkkävatsainen tai emetofoobikko, sillä tässä on paljon kohtauksia, joissa karkaa pieru, kuvataan aika graafisesti ripulointia ja oksentamista. Mutta olen varma, että moni alakoululainen viihtyy mainiosti tämän sarjan parissa, etenkin jos Max Brallierin ja Douglas Holgaten Maailman viimeiset tyypit, Elise Gravelin Olga ja haiseva olio ulkoavaruudesta ja Andy Griffithsin Maailman paras puumaja ovat tuttuja.

Ich liebe den fiesen Humor von Matt Cosgrove und Eva Amores, der auch garantiert die Zielgruppe ansprechen wird. Die Illustrationen sind einfach super witzig und auch kleine Lesemuffel werden das Buch nicht zur Seite legen können. Die Kombi von Comic und Text ist einfach perfekt. This has to be one of the zaniest, most charmingly funny and entertaining romance novels I've read in a long time. I think we romance readers have come to take romance a little too seriously - the angsty plot, the broken characters, turmoil and raging hormones.

Trent is pretentious and full of himself. He’s an uncaring playboy who finds out that he can’t run his company without Carrie. But when he begins to finally see her as who she is, he falls for her. Can he become the man for her? This is not just a downright funny and entertaining and well-written story about everything possible going wrong in one week, but also an insightful study on how life works. You’ll find lots of criticism between the lines, about the rich and powerful, about the law, about the job world, about love and about society. And all that in a way that alternately makes you laugh and want to cry, that stirs up your anger and leaves you glowing with satisfaction and smithereens of hope. Carrie is full of hidden strength and kindness and intelligence, something I miss dearly in some heroines of (romance) novels. Justin Chase hat ein mulmiges Gefühl. Nachdem seine Mutter einen Vampir geheiratet hat, wohnt er von nun an bei seinem Vater, einem Klempner. Heute steht der erste Tag in der neuen Schule an und noch weiß Justin nicht, dass ihm die schlimmste Woche seines Lebens bevorsteht. Er erlebt im wahrsten Sinne des Wortes den „beschissensten“ Montag seines Lebens. Eine zu kleine Schuluniform, die öffentliche Fahrt in einem Klomobil und die Bekanntschaft mit einem fiesen Mobber sind dabei leider erst der Anfang. Der Tag hält noch unzählige weitere Peinlichkeiten für Justin bereit…As it is the beginning of a series, not all threads are tied off and clipped short at the end. I dare say, none of them really are; Carrie and Trent make it to the end of the week, and we’re ready for the next story to start after breathing a sigh of relief that they haven't killed each other, and no one else has killed them either. The female protag is about the only one who can see that heart. She just has to get through the worst and craziest week of her life to get to it. There were a lot of things wrong here that I think a good beta read could have helped. The book overall needed a lot of tightening up, it was like a sweater unraveling in places.

You put these two together for worst week ever for both of them and hilarity is bound to happen. Add in bomb threats, cops, crazy employees, weird servants, and an attraction. You never know what is going to happen. Carrie is a bundle of happy, ‘get-it-done’ energy. She’s hard-working, competent and even gets along with her boss – most of the time. The man is so completely clueless it's incredible. I suppose clueless isn't quite the right word. Maybe, living in his own world is a better description. His thoughts and perception are extremely distorted, and he seems to see everyone as an enemy out to get him. Of course, he doesn't realize he's such a gruff ass to most of them. Carrie happened to see passed that and actually took a chance and got to know him. Still doesn't make him less of an ass, but he's an endearing ass where Carrie is concerned. :) Her foot began to spasm. She laughed and extracted it from his lap. “You’ve terrified it into submission. Leave it alone now.” What do you get when you put a hardworking, can-do middle-class young woman together with a egotistical, outrageous, billionaire boss, then throw in the worst week of disasters imaginable?I read Worst Week Ever on my Kindle; there were no formatting problems, although the cover looks better on the app on my MacBook Pro. I noticed very few typos, and none the first time through. Worst Week Ever - Montag“ von Matt Cosgrove und Eva Amores ist der Auftakt zu ihrer neuesten abgedrehten Comic-Reihe, die einem die Lachtränen in die Augen treibt. Sunnuntaiyönä on juhlittu Justinin äidin häitä. Justin on aivan varma, että uusi isäpuoli Vlad on vampyyri. Justin muuttaa isänsä luokse. Ammatiltaan tämä on putkimies ja ajaa autolla, joka on jättimäisen vessanpytyn muotoinen. Isä harrastaa myös dieettejä ja salaliittoteorioita (kulmakarvani tosin nousee aina hiusrajaan asti, kun näitä mainitaan lastenkirjoissa). Justinin kissa Kapteeni Nöpöpörrö katoaa ja hän on varma, että se joutuu avaruuden muukalaisten kaappaamaksi.

The writing is fun but it’s the illustrations that really bring the horror story that is Justin’s Monday to life. Wer Fan von Greg’s Tagebüchern ist, der bekommt hier noch eine Schippe an Katastrophen draufgelegt und wird definitiv Spaß haben. Der Montag von Justin Chase eskaliert förmlich. Und immer, wenn man denkt, es geht nicht schlimmer, wird man eines Besseren belehrt.

For all the pathos of Carrie and Trent’s problematic relationship, the humor carried this story. I’m not usually into romance, but I’ve been one of Ms O’Connor’s fans for a long time; the mixture of real life and humorous predictable events did not disappoint. Die witzigen und lebhaften Illustrationen vermitteln die Situationskomik perfekt. Durch die abgestimmte Zielgruppe sind die Illustrationen nicht nur ansprechend, sondern motivieren auch Wenig-Leser dazu, die Geschichte zu lesen. Besonders die Figur des Käpt’n Flauschbär hat unser Herz erobert. Denn der Comic ist auf eine überspitzte Art und Weise dargestellt, welche Mutter heiratet schon einen Vampir und welche Katze wird von Aliens entführt? Wer die Leseprobe liest, der erkennt sehr schnell den Humor des Buches und dieser bleibt erhalten, alles andere würde aber auch nicht zur Geschichte passen. Trent and Carrie are amazing together. Trent thinks that he is above everyone because he is rich and dresses well. He constantly criticizes everyone around him. He thinks he should always get what he wants when he wants. He achieves this by yelling and threatening to fire everyone. Justin chases the cat who chases the dog, and the cat ends up sprawled on the rooftop. And the cat gets abducted by aliens. Uh huh. It can’t have happened.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment