276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Skyloong 64 GK64 GK64x RGB Hot Swap Programmable Wired Case PCB Plate Cherry MX Keyboard DIY kit Replacable Space

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

First place the prongs of the tool under the side of the upper switch housing containing the two plastic retention tabs. The chipset is 32 Bit MCU + 8M Flash on-board memory, and 3 pieces independent 256*256*256 RGB color management chip. The following commands can be used as command line args to just execute a specific command /gui, /map, /unmap, /dumpkeys. I had a bag of leftover Cherry MX Nature White linear switches lying around with the perfect opportunity to try out the hot swap feature. Overall, the design of this keyboard is quite decent and I also like the fact that the keycaps are matte black finish instead of the glossy finish of the Geek GK61.

GK64 GK64x RGB Hot Swap Programmable Wired Case PCB Plate GK64 GK64x RGB Hot Swap Programmable Wired Case PCB Plate

Aside from the presets, you can also opt to make your own custom lighting using the DIY static light option. Now, aside from the functions and lighting modes, we also have the macro list, and you can also set up lighting effects per key, but most importantly, you also have the shortcut feature wherein you can pretty much launch anything like videos, programs and other files just by pressing a single key. GK64X/GK64XS is also hot swappable, with which you could install the switches directly without soldering.Some users, including myself, prefer the middle ground which is the brown switch that only has tactile feedback. The software is unintuitive and underwhelming, but the hardware more than makes up for any minor shortcomings. This particular 60% form factor provides a much smaller footprint than typical full size keyboards by removing the top function row, some navigation keys and the number pad. The legends aren’t going anywhere, unless you literally sand down the PBT material past where the dye penetrates.

GK64X/GK64XS - epomaker SKYLOONG GK64X/GK64XS - epomaker

Their short height in addition to the case’s lower profile design leaves much of the switches exposed to accentuate the RGB backlighting (assuming you make use of switches with transparent housings). The rest of the accessories are pretty much the bare minimum you would expect to come with a hot swappable mechanical keyboard. Not only will this make finding replacement keycaps more difficult, but it also shifts the stagger of the keys on one row to the left by 0.

Speaking of the feet, they are fairly large and textured to provide traction on a desk or other flat surface. Equipped with music-driven motion light mode, the backlit will blinks with the music (Driver download web in the manual). What you have here instead are the 3 available layers that you can take advantage for your workflow. There is no "apply failed" message like there is on the official software, so map / umap can fail silently.

GitHub - pixeltris/GK6X: Configure keys, macros, and lighting GitHub - pixeltris/GK6X: Configure keys, macros, and lighting

What I did is I used the caps lock button as the trigger for the layer 2, so instead of using the function key, I can easily toggle the function rows by pressing capslock momentarily to activate the functions keys. I’m new to this hobby so I don’t know all that much about stabs and pcb’s however I am doing my first build so it would be very much appreciated for the answers and tips! I want to know what stabs go into the gk64 pcb whether it be screw in, plate or pcb mounted stabs or maybe they take all or any? If you’ve ever used a plastic ring keycap puller you should have no problem removing switches with this tool.With regards to the stabilizers, it is quite decent without much annoying rattling sound, It also comes with some factory lube which is always a good sign. But then again, it will still boil down to personal preference and there’s really no definite answer for what switch is good for gaming. Put light pressure on the prongs until the tabs release and then gently begin pulling upwards with increasing force ( it doesn’t take much if done correctly) until the switch pops out of the socket.

QMK Firmware - All Supported Keyboards QMK Firmware - All Supported Keyboards

In terms of the other legends, we have the keys for adjusting lighting effects on the upper right, and then we have the tab that doubles as a mode switch key, we also have the windows lock key, and the legends on W, E and R for the different profiles that you can use which we’re going to discuss later. You could always mod on some taller feet if you like this keyboard but absolutely require a steeper typing angle. The driver mode, on the other hand, has the most customization options available for you since it’s going to be supported by the software. We also have the lighting tab, which gives you a ton of lighting modes more than what you already have with the onboard settings, including some special lighting modes like the music volume, which will allow you to sync the lighting effects depending on the music you are playing.

I give it a very high recommendation if you don’t mind taking the time to learn how to use the fiddly software. NKRO + Waterproof Design】100% full anti-ghosting without conflict, enjoy the process without any obstacles. For example, if you want to try different switch or if ever some switch becomes faulty at some point. This is a command-line tool for mapping keys, macros, and lighting for GK6X keyboards (GK64, GK84, GK61, etc).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment