276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Finding Myself in Puglia: A Journey of Self-Discovery Under the Warm Southern Italian Sun

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Olga and Massimo guided us through how to cut and roll the pasta to make the ear shapes most known in the region, and while I’ll undoubtedly win no awards for my contributions to pasta making, the delicious lunch they served us afterwards was thankfully not made by me! I have a plan for my next vacation, recently I got married and I want to enjoy my honeymoon in another country after reading your blog I decided to go Puglia. Thanks for sharing this information.

Finding Myself in Puglia By Laine B Brown | Used

On the return to the city, we stopped at the Laghetto Cave di Bauxite, where bright red soil, which reminded me of the red-centre in Australia, surrounded the human-made lake, now home to turtles and where birds come to drink. Once a quarry, but then abandoned, it’s new purposes as a nature park is far more appealing. This is a good book about what is clearly a beautiful part of Italy. However, what I accepted at first as the occasional typo or grammatical error soon became the golden thread of the book - I have never read a book with so many errors in it. It was obviously published 'on the cheap' but the number of errors just add up to leave a really frustrating taste in the mouth. Puglia as a region offers something for everyone; and if you are like me, you’ll want to try everything it offers! Now, don't get us wrong, food in Puglia is delicious. Seafood is plentiful and freshly caught in almost all towns, pasta is handmade, the pizza is divine, olive oil is local, and we never met a piece of bread we didn't immediately inhale. The first town visitors encounter as they approach Gargano is Manfredonia. From here, it’s a short drive to the expansive beaches of Mattinata, a great place to base yourself. I stayed at Hotel Residence Il Porto, which I absolutely loved! The rooms were comfortable and offered stunning views of the coast and sea below. Search for hotels in Mattinata (Booking.com). Views from Hotel Residence Il Porto in Mattinata. Places to visit on the Gargano PeninsulaAs a visitor, this dazzling region of Italy could keep you entertained for weeks, if not months, with a seemingly never-ending list of things to do in Puglia.

Finding Myself in Puglia: A Journey of Self-Discovery Under Finding Myself in Puglia: A Journey of Self-Discovery Under

I’ve been here in winter and summer, and it was just as busy both times, so I highly recommend spending at least one night here so you can rise early. Not only are the historic streets quieter, but the gorgeous golden light on the white-washed round homes truly brings them to life. If you’re planning on doing a full Puglia-loop road trip, and trying to choose between the two airports from a practicality standpoint, it really doesn’t matter too much which one you fly into, or out of as you’ll inevitably pass through both cities. I remember last year when I was on my business tour in San Severo (Italy) unfortunately I missed these beautiful place but next time I will definitely explore. Thanks for sharing your Blog. Your blogs Inspired me a lot. I did enjoy her story though, and her progression to satisfaction with her single life style, and she obviously grew to love her town of Santa Sabina. It's a good book for those interested in Puglia as she covers the daily and everyday details of life there, so I would recommend it as a light introduction to relocating. The main entry points for international visitors are Bari and Brindisi (both have airports and ports with international connections). From here, many adventures await for those who want to explore this diverse region. Bari

Special offers and product promotions

As for the best beaches in Puglia to visit? We loved those around Ostuni, Otranto and Gallipoli, and the coves we chanced upon whilst driving around the very southern tip at Leuca. In many cases this was a time-related thing - after all, if you only have three days, you don't want to spend hours in the car. However,we just want to make clear that there is soooo much more to Puglia than just Polignano, Ostuni, Alberobello, Lecce and Otranto!

Puglia, Italy 17 Really Useful Things to Know Before Visiting Puglia, Italy

It’s a city that you might have to work a little harder to start to feel the true essence of. As my first visit here seemed a little dull, I joined a tour with Veloserviceto really get to know the city better. Alberobello has become a very popular tourist destination in recent years. During the peak seasons, such as the summer, roads to the town are often very busy and parking is scarce. In this sense, I recommend visiting by public transport from nearby towns or staying in Alberobello (you practically have the town to yourself when the day-trippers have left). On the main square, which is flanked by a towering Cathedral and has a curved portico style area, we enjoyed one of the best lunches of the trip, simple and delicious and washed down with plenty of wine for the non-designated drivers. White washed streets in Martina Franca A three wheel Piaggio in Martina FrancaTo those that have travelled extensively in Italy, this won't come as a surprise. Cuisine here is fairly regional, with most restaurants serving a variation on a theme all year round. If it all seemed like a folly, then she was willing to take the risk. She moved to a house that she had only spent a week in the year before. She knew no one and yet she had surety in her resolve. She wanted to feel fully present in feeling unsafe and comfortable with the not knowing. Book Title: Finding Myself in Puglia: a Journey of Self-Discovery under the Warm Southern Italian Sun With bell towers sprouting out of cathedrals, and a Roman amphitheatre, Lecce brings it with the architecture too. Some of the buildings are so old and constructed with such fine sandstone, there are places you can rub the walls, and they basically crumble, so try not to do that! We even saw part of windowsill fall while we were there, but happily heard that isn’t a common occurrence — a stunning city and a must-visit in Puglia. Locorotondo is one of the prettiest spots in Puglia Locorotondo

Finding Myself in Puglia: A Journey of Self-Discovery Under

Il Trullo della Massaia| Surprisingly large for, this 400 year old trullo is the perfect combination of new and old. Full of original features, it has been exceptionally well updated to provide the needs of a modern traveller. Laine B Brown was born in Middlesex and worked as a nurse and as a counsellor. She spent four years living in Puglia with her basset hound Basil where she wrote her Italian memoir, Finding Myself in Puglia. Amazing blog. Very well explained. The pictures look scintillating, especially that of the white city. Thanks for sharing. Like any transformation, it feels like leaving behind my old self and yet my new self and new life has yet to form fully; I don't have a map for this, just my instincts” If you are looking for the quintessential Puglian sleeping place, then you can actually book into more modern and upgraded conical style Trulli accommodationhere in the valley. Many of these are set amongst ancient Olive Trees and with swimming pools to escape the summer heat. Looking out from the castle of Sant’Agata di Puglia Sant’Agata di PugliaA port city, Brindisi doesn’t have quite the same photographic appeal as some of the other must-visit places in Puglia, but there are still a few things to do here, such as visitors the tall standing Monumento al Marinaio ‘d’Italia, the 13th-century castle, and taking in the Roman Columns on the square atop a grand staircase. Making pasta outside a small house in Bari Bari Cathedral Bari

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment