276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Earthworks ETHOS Streaming and Broadcasting Microphone — Silver

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The mids are rich, and the lower frequencies, while somewhat difficult to deal with in an untreated space, are manageable and sound nice. I barely needed to raise the gain since this condenser mic is already more sensitive than other models I'm used to, and there's very little work required to shape what some might consider a professional sound. If this microphone were pitched solely toward professional broadcasters, this wouldn't feel as much of an issue since many studios usually have an abundance of spare XLR cords. I've been using an MD-441 for voice work for many years, after previously trying a SM-57, SM-7, MD-421, TG-88 and then an RE-20.

When using the ETHOS XLR microphone, users will notice that they need less post-production EQ to get a good sound out of their voice.

The Ethos condenser mic from Earthworks Audio is a condenser mic with some off the behaviours of a . When we hear a recording of our voice, it doesn’t always sound familiar to us because our perception of our voice depends on time.

The Ethos is adjustable without needing tools and remained robust no matter how much I inspected its components, matching its apparent ambition to be a speedy and reliable plug-and-play option.Skirting the supply chain problems that many manufactures are facing right now, Earthworks has designed and manufactured another broadcast mic that splits the difference between these two stunning mics: the ETHOS. Generally, these cookies are only created based on actions you take in response to a service request, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in, or filling out forms. The only negative is the 441 has a hypercardioid pattern, whereas the Ethos is supercardioid, so there is a slight noticeable increase in background noise (chair squeaks, etc. Earthworks Audio has taken the design and manufacturing process of the Ethos microphone extremely seriously, resulting in a sturdy and elegant construction loaded with high-end components. It's not the easiest hardware to approach for beginners since you can't plug XLR cables directly into your average desktop Windows PC.

its pivot mount is such a wonderful design and it means you can put the stand or boom arm just about anywhere.Windows Central is part of Future US Inc, an international media group and leading digital publisher.

The pins are in no danger of damage, fitted flush into its body with a notch for the usual locking mechanism found on standard cables. I have both the SM7 and the RE20, and use them all the time in many recording applications such as voiceover, vocals, guitars, etc. Its versatility goes far beyond just recording vocals and might be a little excessive for your average content creator.You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice. Thanks to the integrated (but removable for cleaning or replacement) windscreen, I required no additional pop filter. In the real world, that should all translate to a mic that sounds detailed, lively, and almost impossible to overload. Considering I've needed to pick up additional shields to clip onto previous microphones, this performance out of the box is incredible. The microphone is exceptionally well made and sounds fantastic with or without post-processing, matching its marketing toward professional broadcasters and at-home streamers.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment