276°
Posted 20 hours ago

When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit: Fifty years of the classic family story of escape and refuge- cover may vary

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This story of a Jewish family who escape Germany just as the Nazis come to power is seen through the eyes of their young daughter Anna, and traces their perilous journey - splintered by conflict, driven by fear and eventually rewarded with reunion. Not long after the family also sneak out of Germany as they are worried their passports will be taken. Fortunately, though, Anna notices the destination label just in time, and they manage to get their luggage back and onto the correct train to Paris. In some parts it is even funny and the reader forgets about the terrible things that have happened at the same time. She seemed to do everything twice as hard as other people—even her eyes were a brighter blue than any Anna had ever seen.

When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit - AbeBooks When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit - AbeBooks

A reread of one of my favourite childhood books although as a child I spent a lot of time thinking about which toy I would choose if I had to flee. Best of all, it’s the first of a trilogy by the wonderful Judith Kerr so now it’s time for Bombs on Aunt Dainty! Even though I knew Anna and her family would get away and be safe I felt scared for them several times during their story. Although the book comes to an end in some ways they reach England and therefore a country that will finally be a safe place from the nazis There are two more books in this series which I am greatly looking forward to reading. It was so interesting to experience this with the children, whose experiences were largely positive, it was fun hearing about the different customs, food, friends and clothes.Also featured is a bonus edition of World Book Club, in which Harriett Gilbert talks to Judith Kerr about her life and work. The story really comes alive in your head as you go on a journey with Anna, Max and family, as they escape Germany and travel as refugees. Her father, Alfred Kerr, was one of the city’s most important drama critics before the whole family was forced to leave the country in 1933 to escape from the Nazis. The account perfectly captured the feelings of being a refugee, an immigrant, of belonging and of not belonging. Sarà una vita piena di rinunce e di continui cambi di Stato alla ricerca di una patria che li accolga e li faccia sentire a casa.

When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit - Books on Tour When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit - Books on Tour

But then her brother Max is interned as an enemy alien - and as the Blitz begins in earnest, she fears for the future of her family. Anna and her brother learn the languages (Swiss German, French) and describe the cultural habits of the countries in which they live.

Suppose that without your noticing it became dangerous for some people to live in Germany any longer.

When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit: Fifty years of the classic When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit: Fifty years of the classic

When Anna and her brother hear that the Nazis have taken all their belongings in Germany, they imagine Hitler playing with their board game collection and the stuffed pink rabbit Anna had to leave behind. Narrado en la voz de una niña judía de 10 años, esta novela esta escrita de manera que la puedan comprender todos los públicos, es en parte autobiográfica ya que la autora, tuvo que emigrar de Alemania junto a su familia ya que su padre había criticado a los nazis. A cinematic adaptation of When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit premiered in December 2019 in Germany, directed by Oscar-winning director Caroline Link. It was interesting to see how a refugee feels and how the lead up to the war affected peoples lives.Hitler's presence in their lives is personal and direct, they can't understand the actual happenings.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment