276°
Posted 20 hours ago

beyerdynamic DT 880 PRO Headset - 250 OHM

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

That does appear to be the same dampening disk that is in the 177X (I actually just finished a full round of measurements on one of those as well). But what’s probably the best thing about Beyerdynamic headset is the fact that its external features are not only largely identical, but they’re really good. All in all, the 880 Pro's might not be great for tracking (too much leakage) but for monitoring/mixing and just rediscovering your music collection, they're great. That isn't to say they aren't fun to listen to, they have excellent balance and dynamics, as well as having great timing and control. The top sounded 'cotton candy'ish' to my ears and unnatural and the bass was too loose for my tastes.

TYGR 300 is definitely not just a reskinned DT880 as it has a inner damping ring/foam (I guess is the right term?For that reason, and because they are lighter and more comfortable than the HE-400, the DT880 are my most-used headphones.

The DT880s will be better for electronic music than the Q701s when amplified properly, but as an analytical headphone with still some musicality goes, the Q701 is hands down better. There is a slight emphasis on the mid-bass which contributes to the U frequency, but overall the bass is well presented as long as it is driven properly. Funnily enough - even though I sold the Pros - I ended up repurchasing a pair of 600 ohm DT880 Premiums. I've tried some Audio Technica and Sennheiser headphones and I'm happiest now with these headphones.I would not use it for outside, or in an environment demanding quiet - but for normal use around the home so far it has been excellent.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment