276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Aqua Optima Aurora Instant Hot & Cold Filter Water Dispenser, 3.8L Capacity, Includes 1 x 30 Day Evolve+ Water Filter for Reduction Of Microplastics, Chlorine, Limescale & Impurities

£99.995£199.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Jennifer (Jen) Oksien is our Large Appliance editor who has reviewed too many home appliances and mattresses to count over the years. She was sent the Aqua Optima Aurora to review, with a complimentary afternoon tea, by way of celebrating the product launch. The appliances was used regularly over a few weeks to make hot and cold drinks for herself, and her family. I liked the machine’s adjustable drip tray. You can move it up to lift smaller cups to the perfect height for no splattering or go low for large cups. I even found that I could remove it completely to fill my cafetière or a saucepan with hot water. I did start using it to make pots of coffee but the habit of boiling the (1.7 litre) kettle if I needed to fill a big pan was harder to shake.

However, as someone who cares a lot about their tea, I did struggle with the temperature settings. While it claims to go up to 100°C, I suspect that the Aurora struggles to quite get there. I say that because the tea I made with the dispenser reminded me of the tea you'll get on planes or from the office hot tap. It was just shy of boiling, which meant that my tea was never quite able to get that perfect brewing. Quantifying the energy use for the chiller is more complex because it’s easy to keep a filter jug in the fridge door. It’s hard to say how much extra energy it takes to keep that cool and how much is lost all those times you open and close the fridge door to fetch water.

But it’s not as simple as electricity use. If you buy bottled water, then swapping to a filter is of course a huge environmental improvement. Meanwhile, the question with all products is how much energy and materials went into making them and how long will they last? Build quality seems good. If your kettle dies and you choose to replace it with the Aurora rather than a new kettle, the lower energy-use over its lifetime might make up for the extra materials. But if you’re going to have a kettle too, then like many kitchen appliances, it’s an indulgence. Better Tasting Drinks: This bottle-less freestanding hot and cold water dispenser uses Evolve+ filters with 5-step filtration technology to reduce chlorine and limescale up to 80 percent; Independently certified to NSF/ANSI 42 and NSF/ANSI 53 standards If you're considering investing in a hot water dispenser, the Aqua Optima Aurora is one of the safest options on the market. It's got simple controls and a wide range of temperatures and volumes, with a straightforward touchscreen panel. The descale warning symbol will flash and the appliance will run a descale process. Caution: Dispense solution will be hot. I then slotted in the filter, filled up the container with water and popped the lid on. The Aqua Optima Aurora was then ready to use. Using the Aqua Optima Aurora

Hot and Cold Filtered Water Dispenser: Get instant hot and boiling water at the press of a button, with 7 temperature options from chilled to boiled; Select your ideal water temperature depending on your drink type or preferenceThe Liscia jug has a height of 240mm, width of 260mm and depth of 100mm. It has a total capacity of 2.5L and a filtered capacity of 1.2L.

There are 7 buttons on the front of the Aqua Optima Aurora. They are touch controlled, and I feel that a pushable button may have been a little easier to use, but this does give the panel a sleek finish. Taste the Difference: We carry a full line of filter jugs, replacement water filters, instant hot and cold filtered water dispensers, and water filter chillers for all of your household Convenient, chilled, filtered water from a tap – both still and sparkling. This is the deluxe option if you don’t need a boiling water tap but you do want to free yourself from a bottled water addiction. Look out for Grohe Red if you want boiling water. Set up a public drop-off location. To learn more about setting up a public drop-off location, please visit the following link: https://www.terracycle.com/en-GB/brigades/aquaoptima At the touch of a button, the Aqua Optima Aurora dispenses refreshing cold water and also near-instant steaming hot water for cuppas. Both are filtered. It’s like a worktop version of the boiling/chilled water taps you can have installed at the kitchen sink. And there are pros and cons to this alternative.I’ve had some boilers in all my life and kettles, but this beach them all by far, this Acura Optima is something unique I just leave it on a user is very little electric being left on and you have instant hot water 24 hours a day. When the water tank is empty, refill with 2L of cold water and press the descale warning symbol again.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment