276°
Posted 20 hours ago

CombiSave - Energy Saving Valve for Combination Boilers

£123.495£246.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

David from Combisave points out, in a earlier comment to this blogpost, that you will save more in winter than in summer monhs as the incoming water temperature is much lower in the winter months, so takes longer to warm up. Hence your savings will be more in winter with a Combisave installed. CombiSave is a valve which is made from dezincification resistant brass and is a thermostatically controlled valve which is fitted with two rotatable elbows, which allows it to be fitted to a range of 15mm pipe configurations. The average savings are 6 litres each time the hot tap is run from cold (average taken from 100 fittings). Good point also about the pre-heat. I haven’t got that on, and haven’t ever used it as I felt it’s just a waste of energy really, but I’m sure a lot of people do have it switched on (is it a default setting I wonder?) If you live in part of the UK with hard water, the limescale can damage your central heating and leave deposits in your dishwasher, kettle and washing machine. Controlling limescale helps protect your boiler and central heating system from damage that could cost you in the long run. Why do I need a system filter?

Also, usefully, I have been on a water meter for years, so can also easily calculate a daily summertime water usage volume from my previous bills. Typically, for our two person household it has been around 200 litres a day.

Useful documents

The savings are only a half to a third less in the summer as the incoming mains water is some 10-15 degrees celcius warmer than in January. (so you could double your savings roughly) Kenny Maxwell, Sales Manager at Teddington, said: “We’re delighted to have this partnership in place. The pilot programme at the end of last year was very positive and we’re looking forward to working with the Welsh Government over the next 12 months and beyond. The Potty Puma method works differently from a CombiSave in that the Potterton Puma valve did not save water. CombiSave imitates an “intelligent tap” so does not affect boiler mechanisms. The lifespan of a CombiSave is 10-20 years and the oldest one fitted to the rudimentary design has been in place problem-free for five years. Also during hot weather, the water wasted at washing up time goes into the water buts, but we haven’t done much of this so far in 2012.

CombiSave is recommended by both the Water Regulations Advisory Scheme (WRAS) and Waterwise, and can be fitted in less than 20 minutes as part of a normal boiler service or repair.CombiSave comes preset at 45°C. This can be adjusted by the fitter +/- 5 degrees centigrade as required. On the older type of combi it takes a few seconds (up to 15 or so) for usable hot water to be produced or about 30 seconds for an Ideal Response!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment