276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Robin: Year One

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

dear bruce, i'm not sure what i'm supposed to do if i'm not allowed to help you anymore. i won't forget everything you've given me. *screams* thanks for teaching me how to be strong. Love Letters To Batman, Issue #532 And how unimpressive are these stories! Mad Hatter’s, yup, once more trying to brainwash little girls to be his Alices, Two-Face is trying to kill the judge who presided over the case when Maroni threw acid on his face and turned him into a supervillain, and Mr Freeze robs the blood bank for money. If you’ve read plenty of Batman comics, you’ll find this dreary, predictable, and simplistic stuff that’s been done a thousand times before.

You could very well walk away from this crusade and spend your life in happier pursuits." -- butler Alfred PennyworthAccess-restricted-item true Addeddate 2022-10-03 07:00:58 Associated-names Beatty, Scott, 1969- Autocrop_version 0.0.14_books-20220331-0.2 Bookplateleaf 0002 Boxid IA40717718 Camera USB PTP Class Camera Collection_set printdisabled External-identifier Account icon An icon in the shape of a person's head and shoulders. It often indicates a user profile.

PS: on a light-heartening note, we get to see Mr. Freeze in his boxers *a lot*, even Captain Gordon has to comment on the man's boxers. XD I really enjoyed the fun and silliness of Batgirl: Year One, which was written by the same team three years after they'd given Robin the 'year one' treatment with this book. That said, I didn't love this as much. I think Two Face is completely awesome in this story. What is not to love when a scary villain such as Two Face acts like a boss...LIKE THE FREAKING BADASS CRIME BOSS THAT HE TOTALLY IS?Overall, the characterisation definitely carries this one. The story isn't that memorable for me personally, and the mixed tone definitely didn't land as well as I think it probably should have. That said, it was a fun read and definitely worth looking at if you're a fan of Robin. urn:lcp:robinyearone0000dixo:epub:0fa07125-964c-4dd6-baaa-37325aadbf40 Foldoutcount 0 Identifier robinyearone0000dixo Identifier-ark ark:/13960/s2qfvh1b1hv Invoice 1652 Isbn 1563898055 Lccn 2004540424 Ocr tesseract 5.2.0-1-gc42a Ocr_detected_lang en Ocr_detected_lang_conf 1.0000 Ocr_detected_script Cyrillic Ocr_detected_script_conf 0.4226 Ocr_module_version 0.0.18 Ocr_parameters -l eng Old_pallet IA-WL-0000364 Openlibrary_edition

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment