276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Moments To Hold Close

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Fix yourself up. See some friends. Go to a bar and pretend to have fun. Drink some shitty beer, and make sure you document it on social media. I’m fine, the laughing picture says. You know better, though. Any five things. It can be something physical such as your eyes, or it can be behavioral, such as your patience for other people. Whatever you like that has to do with you, jot it down. And, if you can think of more than five, keep writing! 6. Write down five things you don’t like about yourself. All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or any means, electronic or mechanical, without prior written consent and permission from Thought Catalog. ShopCatalog | Shop Books + Curated Products Moments To Hold Close by Molly Burford shopc/moments Buy The Book You’ll never meet anyone like him again, ” Mom said after he passed. She’s right; I know I won’t. None of us will. But the truth of the matter is we are all witnesses of happenstance, too.

Real love and compassion aren’t about forgiving and forgetting your way through numerous transgressions, violations or betrayals. It’s about being able to let go of the person who would subject you to those in the first place. It’s about knowing you can practice compassion from a distance, knowing that holding someone accountable is one of the most loving things you can do for them. Highly manipulative people don’t respond to compassion. They respond to consequences. Shahida Arabi, Power While the book covers every imaginable topic, it is particularly relevant for Generation Z and Millennials as Molly is writing from the perspective of a young person coming of age in the era of social media. TikTok Helped Bring Rise To The Weaponization Of ‘Therapy Speak’—A thought-provoking analysis of how social media trends can influence the way we communicate and perceive mental health discourse.ShopCatalog | Shop Books + Curated Products Moments To Hold Close by Molly Burford shopc/moments Buy e Book Recently, I found a box full of memories that had a note Granny wrote me for high school graduation in 2010. At that time, I was 18 and volatile and sad and stubborn and ashamed at the fact I couldn’t be any better and do any better either.

The idea that life is full of ups and downs, but it’s important to appreciate the good moments while also learning from the difficult ones. When we were clearing out Granny and Grandpa’s house, my cousin happened to stumbled across a note my Grandpa had written to himself:When someone you love dies, you try to find little signs that they were here and loved you once, and usually this evidence exists in the things they left behind. When I make my coffee in the morning, I always think about Grandpa offering me a cup of coffee whenever I used to visit. It’s amazing how much sitting up straight and walking with purpose can contribute to your overall sense of worth. As someone with inherently bad posture, the days I really pay attention to how I’m presenting myself to the world are the days I feel like the most responsible, engaged and confident version of myself. Hunching yourself over to make yourself smaller is not what you’re meant for. Let yourself be seen. 2. Take a break from social media. There are many reasons why it can feel hard to be your authentic self. First, our authentic selves are our most vulnerable selves. It’s not as painful to have someone reject a version of you that isn’t who you really are. Second, we adopt a lot of our identity through osmosis. Human beings are so incredibly suggestible and adaptable, and this is especially true if we see external consistencies — we begin to believe that is the only way people can be. This is why it’s so crucial to expand your perimeter, your circle, your environment. It normalizes differences in a way that makes authenticity feel safer. Think about it like this: Your favorite songs always end. The credits of your favorite movie will always roll. This book you’re holding in your hands will, too, come to a close. Would you stop listening to music, would you stop watch- ing movies, would you stop reading books just because they end? Shouldn’t we treat people the same? Because maybe it’s not about the longevity of the love but the quality of the time spent loving one another. After all, people change. We change. Who we are when we fell in love may no longer exist and vice versa. And after a little while ends with someone else, we can adore them from a distance and wish them well. Some people are only meant to be loved for a little while, and that’s okay. Molly Burford Read This When You Forget Your Worth Thought Catalog Books is the book publishing house that lives inside the Thought Catalog universe. Founded in 2012, we’re one of the most innovative and fastest-growing small businesses in the book publishing world.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment