276°
Posted 20 hours ago

JOYO JF-12 Ultimate Fuzz and Voodoo Octave Guitar Effect Pedal

£21.81£43.62Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Donner Digital Octave guitar pedal is a solid and compact unit for those looking for a good budget option. It is one of the smallest guitar pedals in this list but offers flexibility and many features, making it an ideal candidate for those with tight pedalboards. Features The Micro POG is a leaner and meaner version of the classic EHX Polyphonic Octave Generator, redesigned with buttons instead of the eight sliders featured on the original. It allows you to create new tones by mixing together your original dry signal with two different octaves, one above and one below your original pitch.

Joyo Ultimate Octave: how to make it useable Joyo Ultimate Octave: how to make it useable

The Voodoo Octave has three knobs for the effect parameters: Fuzz, Tone, and Volume. It also has a toggle switch that lets you select between Normal and Mid-Cut modes. For those unfamiliar with what these do, keep reading for a brief explanation of the controls. also I notice I can get some radio station interferrance.....is that because I have screwed something up or is it just how things go ? I managed to find out that this Joyo Green Legend is a clone of the Tubescreamer. That much was pretty obvious to me given the name, color, and the sound. However, unlike the Vintage Overdrive by Joyo in the 10 series which is noted as being a clone of the TS808. This Green legend does not specify which exact Tubescreamer is it a clone of. To my ear though, it sounds to me just like the Vintage Overdrive which would be a TS-808 clone. The Joyo Digital delay is not a direct clone of any specific pedal. However, one thing about the Joyo digital delay is that a filter within the circuit of the pedal has been designed in such a way as to replicate that of an analog delay. Perhaps this is one of those few Joyo pedals that were designed to be unique and be their own thing. Unfortunately, this delay, along with the other Joyo delay pedals, does not come with a tap tempo function. Joyo Tai Chi Overdrive Review: Clone Of The Zen Drive??Would it be possible to get someone to mark up the original picture to indicate what needs to be done to make the octave effect more prominant. The JOYO JF-12 features a mid-cut that allows you to scoop out some of the body. That can work quite nicely when playing some crunchy power chords. This pedal offers a lot of sustain for your solos and leads that stand out and cut through a busy mix. When combined with the Octave Up feature, the Fuzz can sound a bit like the White Stripes. Looking closely at the Joyo Extreme Metal, it is quite easy to see that this is pretty much a very close copy of the EHX Metal Muff. The Joyo is enclosed in a smaller casing which could be considered a good thing for many. Both the Joyo Extreme Metal as well as the EHX Metal Muff feature an epic Boost switch which allows you to add more “tops” to your guitar sound. Allowing you to cut through the mix. Joyo Power Tune Review bonefish wrote:Ok, I completed the mod and now the pedal will not power on! I guess that means I didn't complete the mod. Anyhow, the ribon cable came loose during the mod and I'm afraid I might not have reconnected properly. Could someone shoot me a pic detailing how those should be connected? Looking at it from the bottom, if you could include the bottom of the button/switch and the bottom of the board, that may be easiest. Thanks!

Joyo JF-12 Voodoo Octave Fuzz Pedal | Reverb

The reason I choose Joyo clone pedals to be on my board is that they’re cheap enough for me to step on them like I don’t care, which Is what happens with regular gigging, touring, and practicing. Another Xotic clone by Joyo. This time, in the form of the Rated Boost. The rated boost clones to ever popular RC Booster by Xotic. This is one of those boosts that doesn’t necessarily provide more overdrive, but rather a boost to your signal. Making pretty much everything you play sound awesome. Yes I did read the post, however, the notations for the items to be removed are totally visible on photo so I just wanted clarification as I am a total newb to electronics etc. Away, I have marked up the pic if someone could confirm that what I have done is correct. Ocatve Fuzz pedals are a strange breed of fuzz. Distortion and Fuzz pedals create upper and lower octave harmonics as part of the distortion that you hear. An octave fuzz pedal doesn't create a pitch shifting effect, it emphasizes the octave frequency at the upper register (or lower in some cases). That's why you can hear the effect better on certain parts of the fret board better than others. The Joyo Voodoo Octave fuzz is NOT an Octavia clone but a clone of the Foxx Tone Machine.This is one of the few Joyo clone pedals that is not an exact clone of the original. I can confirm that the Joyo Tremolo is indeed a clone of the Diaz Tremodillo. But, let’s look at the original first and see how the Joyo clone differs. Essentially the Diaz Tremodillo is a high-end tremolo pedal that emulates the famous tremolo from Fender Amps. It is the size of a normal stompbox but features two switches. Much like that of the footswitches from the Fender amps used to control the Tremolo effect. They’re built well are are pretty rugged. My Joyo clone pedals have already endured years of abuse and still function perfectly. Power Supply 2 by Joyo is a PS that does not seem to be a clone of anything original that I’ve seen. Having said that, I’ve seen many other Chinese clone pedal companies that have a very similar model, just with different branding, to this Joyo Power Supply 2. As a matter of fact, If I must be honest, this is the power supply that I have on my pedalboard. It’s been with me since 2014 and hasn’t let me down since. Joyo Power Supply 5 Clone Of Nothing You may see where I'm going with this, the reduced octave on the JF-12 might be comparable to that of the SF300, no? So if we can leave that but fix the bass response, it may sound like a Superfuzz, right? To my ear they are quite similar, mostly differing by frequency curve, I thought I also saw somewhere that the Voodoo Octave version has had this item fixed as opposed to the ultimate octave version. Can anyone confirm as I would still like to get more octave sound out of the pedal than is currently available.

Joyo JF-12 Voodoo Octave Fuzz Review - Blogger Joyo JF-12 Voodoo Octave Fuzz Review - Blogger

Hello, first post. I did the mod on the octave aspect of the pedal and it was great. I got bored and ambitious (total newbie) and decided to do the tone mod, swapping the two caps. Well, when I was pulling out c14, the little silver pad came out. Now I get a very, very weak signal when I engage the pedal. So weak I cant even tell if there is any fuzz going on. 95% volume drop. I am not sure what to do. I tried jumpering c14 with the two little resistors that are right above it, they look to be linked by a trace, but I get nothing. Any help would be appreciated. I believe that capacitors use a marker to indicate direction (a white stripe down the side?) and have their value marked on them. So IMO what would be really useful is an indication of where or which way that direction indicator should be, and what values should be where. However, despite their cheap price, the sound they deliver is as good as the originals in which they are cloned.The Growl and Girth controls are where most of the action is in this pedal. The Growl knob is the mid-range, slightly edgy octave-below controls, while the Girth knob is for a smoother octave-below. Since these controls are independent of each other, it opens up a great array of tonal possibilities. The Dry Knob helps you achieve the precise blend of effects to signal ratio. Bluesbreaker is both an amplifier as well as a pedal produced by Marshall. However, in this instance, I’m comparing the Joyo Blue rain to that of the Marshall Blues breaker pedal. Both the Bluesbreaker and the Blue rain are overdrive pedals that aim to replicate the sound of an amplifier that is breaking up (about to go into overdrive) with a wide-open sound void of much compression.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment