276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Blink Outdoor | Wireless HD smart security camera with two-year battery life, motion detection, Alexa enabled, Blink Subscription Plan Free Trial | 1-Camera System

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

They’re not the only cameras Arlo offers, it's more affordable Essential range features three models of Full HD camera that don’t require a base station. Okay, maybe that’s oversimplifying it, but the setup process doesn’t really require much expertise. All instructions were provided by the app – even my teenager could do it. Overall, it took me less than 10 minutes to get each camera up and running. That’s 30 minutes of my lazy Tuesday afternoon well spent, don’t you think? However, when resetting Blink Cameras, if they are connected to a Sync Module, it is recommended to perform the factory reset.

If your camera or Sync Module is offline, we recommend trying to power cycle before resorting to a reset.Both Blink and Arlo have a number of handy features that can reduce the number of false-positive motion alerts you receive; such as assigning activity zones so you’re not notified unless motion is detected in these areas, and scheduling when the camera should be monitoring for motion and when it shouldn’t.

That’s where the Blink Mini lags behind compared to its closest competitor, the Wyze Cam v3. Although priced similarly to the Blink Mini, I’ve found the Wyze Cam v3 much better at ignoring less important motion events thanks to its built-in person detection. Now, as helpful as such an upgrade might be, I do want to point out that a wider field of view isn’t always better. You’re more likely to find pros and cons for each configuration. Since Blink uses narrow-angle lenses in their cameras, they’re best suited for monitoring specific targets, such as doorways and entrances, because objects will appear larger and more detailed within the image. In cameras with wide-angle lenses, 3 objects appear smaller, and you might see some occasional distortions along the edges of the frame during recording.

Blink Indoor Camera

However once again Arlo just pips Blink to the post here thanks to its smart features. As well as being able to identify whether the motion has been created by a persona, animal, vehicle or another source such as wind rustling in the trees, Arlo cameras also offer rich notifications to your phone, providing you with a snapshot of the motion - so you can easily decide if you should launch the app and investigate, or ignore the alert. Resetting the Sync Module this way will put it in “ set-up mode.” All connected cameras will go offline. I’d like to note that since my last testing of the Blink Outdoor, Blink has come out with a newer version called the Blink Outdoor 4. The one I tested was the third generation, which replaced the Blink XT2 (2nd generation) and the Blink XT (first generation).

Another option if you prefer a wireless configuration is the Blink Outdoor floodlight mount. This one uses the Blink Outdoor for the camera part, while the mount itself provides two bright battery-powered floodlights. Smart Home Limitations My tests of Blink Mini centered around home entryways. Like all Blink cams, Blink Mini runs on fluid video, meaning it regularly fluctuates from higher (1080p) to lower video resolutions to allow it to run more smoothly and without gaps in your timeline. So the first thing to note: You won’t find much to gripe about in terms of video quality. This camera won’t let you down there. Motion Sensitivity The Blink Indoor, Outdoor, XT, and XT2 cameras require a Sync Module. The Sync Module connects all your cameras to the internet.If you have an app, you can also restart your network. I have the Google Nest WiFi, and at times, there is some congestion that causes some issues with the devices connected. Resetting your whole Blink Camera system can seem like a daunting task, especially when you have ten cameras set up in your system.

On that note, Blink does have other options if you prefer brighter and better night vision. One is the newly released Blink Floodlight Cam Wired, which comes with powerful floodlights, hence the name. It offers much of the same features as the Blink Outdoor, but it needs to be wired to an outdoor junction box to work. Both Blink and Arlo cameras will integrate with voice assistants, so you can use the best smart speakers to converse with anyone in the camera’s field of view and see a live feed from the camera through the best smart displays. Not really a DIYer? Don’t worry — like many “DIY” cameras on the market today, if you can turn a screwdriver, you can nail the install. The setup for Blink cameras in particular is especially easy. It consists of scanning a QR code with your phone, giving the cameras a name, and following the in-app instructions to sync everything up.

Can You Use Blink Doorbell Without the Sync Module? (Or Any Blink Camera)

The Blink Outdoor provides Full HD colour video which serves up a crisp, clear picture, with more than enough detail to clearly identify individuals. Things automatically switch to infrared vision in low light, which obviously provides a monochrome picture that’s less clear than that found in daylight.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment