276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Saucony Men's Kinvara 13 Running Shoe

£27.22£54.44Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The fit is true to size, perhaps even roomier than in the past models width wise (good news for wide feet!). Softer upper with better support: A new mono mesh upper is introduced with a more pliable feel. Despite being stretchy, it remains secure because of its overlays and gusseted tongue. Discreet, very thin longitudinal overlays and the Saucony logo provide the structure and some visual highlights.

And in something the original Kinvara did not offer, 100% of the upper mesh is recycled and over 90% of the rest of the upper materials as well.

Blog Archive

Of course, there will be Kinvara loyalists who will say that this reimagined Kinvara is not how the Kinvara is supposed to be. It used to be a firm, lean trainer. Andrea: The Saucony Kinvara line has been one of my favorites for years. The 4mm drop, lightweight cushioning, and flexible midsole makes it one of the most natural feeling shoes on the market. In recent years, the Kinvara had lost some flexibility and the shoe didn’t feel as natural as early versions. The Kinvara 12 moved closer to the original Kinvara in flexibility and performance and was definitely a step in the right direction. The 13 is the lightest Kinvara ever thanks to a redesigned upper that took over 1 oz. off the weight of the 12. Shannon is a Colorado native currently residing in Northern California. NorCal is nice, but Colorado has her heart. Having run competitively for around 20 years, she was a 7x All American at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, was a 2x member of the U.S. Mountain Running Team, 2x winner of the Mt. Washington Road Race, and was 3rd at the 2014 World Mountain Running Long Distance Championship. Her favorite shoes currently include the Hoka Torrent, Saucony Kinvara, and Brooks Launch, and her favorite runs include anything that goes uphill. Since the Kinvara 13 isn’t the ideal everyday trainer due to the minimal ride character, we recommend a shoe like the Saucony Ride 15 or Nike Pegasus 38 as your daily go-to shoes. Beto: The Rebel v2 and the Kinvara 13 fall into the same category but are in very different midsole/foam categories and because of that the Rebel v2 will be my choice here. FuelCell feels more bouncy and more forgiving at longer distances and thanks to the wide platform more stable too. The Kinvara 13 is a good shoe and can do the same things as the Rebel v2, it is just that PWRRUN is a bit firmer and has a different responsiveness when comparing it to the more bouncy and fun FuelCell foam. Do also keep in mind the K13 has a more natural feel when running.

It’s a very natural feeling shoe that feels like an extension of my body. The first run was a bit of an adjustment, all my shoes in my current running rotation offer plates or extra cushioning. Personal: A (I can’t think of anything t hat I would change to improve this shoe. I am a big fan and will continue to use them as a go-to trainer) Sam: Saucony knows exactly what it is doing! The rigid and plated Endorphin line is a huge success especially the similar to Kinvara in being up tempo focused Speed. Some miss and prefer more flexible shoes while others (such as me) like to mix up rigid and flexible shoes to vary the work and feel. Physically, only the color allows us to distinguish them. The Kinvara 12 gave in the stylish retro fluo 90s. The Kinvara 13 has bet on a farting yellow variously appreciated. It’s a matter of taste!

One year later, what about its successor? Given the first tests by athletes, we can say that the Kinvara 13 remains in the same line better and that the game of differences between the two shoes is complicated. The midsole is Saucony’s PWRRUN EVA/TPU blend. Many Saucony for road and trail use this compound including for road the Ride, Axon and Endorphin Shift. Noting that here we have very minimal outsole coverage compared to other PWRRUN shoes, I found the foam here the softest and bounciest flavor I can recall and that includes the Kinvara 12. While not called out by Saucony as “different” I think it may be tweaked to approach competitors such as Fuel Cell and Puma Nitro but without compromising the model’s characteristic more stable ride that much. The PWRRUN midsole features the brand’s signature EVA/TPU blend. Whether you’re a fan of the Kinvara or not, you may enjoy the slightly firm, energetic cushioning, and close-to-the-ground feel it delivers. On the other hand, we may regret that this 2022 update did not evolve into a more technical midsole foam with more responsiveness. The big question will be what happens next with the Kinvara. Will the Kinvara 14 be welcomed into the modern world with Saucony’s super-lively PWRRUN PB midsole foam and its SpeedRoll geometry? Time will tell. But for now, the Kinvara 13 remains a reliable everyday trainer that’s as light, comfortable and versatile as it has always been.

It has been one of my favorite shoes to run in lately and it’s mostly due to the comfort that the upper gives me. Like I said before it’s lightweight, with the women’s version coming in at 6.2 oz (184g)and the Men’s version at 7.2 oz(213g).

Ultraspire Fitted Race Belt: The best way to carry your phone and goods on the run. No bounce and various sizes for waist Instead of a narrow waist – like how many speed shoes have– the Kinvara’s midfoot is bridged with foam for stability. The flared insole also produces a comforting sensation of under-arch support. RECOMMENDED ROTATION Delivery timescales are based on working days; Public Holidays, Saturday's and Sunday's are NOT classed as working days. Derek: I have said this before and i will emphasize it again. With Saucony’s PWRRUN foam, you really do need to give it some time to break in and soften up. Initially it does feel a little bit dead, but once it breaks in, you get a deeper springiness from it that is very reminiscent of the early Kinvara’s, but appear to have more resilience now, as the early Kinvara’s tended to lose their spring after about 200 miles. My biggest worry was actually that there would be some raised midsole at the midfoot hurting my feet. However, the ride remains smooth with fluid transitions from heel to toe and snappy toe-off—a very natural feeling shoe!

The Saucony Kinvara 13 is a lightweight, fast, low drop (4 mm) neutral shoe for daily runs, tempos, and fast, short runs. As in the past, we have strategic rubber patches at the heel and at the front toe off. There is nothing so far that indicates this midsole and outsole with key wear rubber patches will be any more or any less durable as an outsole and midsole than the prior Kinvara. Beto: The outsole has patches of XT-900 rubber basically not much just a piece at toe off and a piece at the heel for durability and grip where it will be needed. They will help a little bit if it is a bit wet when you land on those rubber patches. The exposed midsole is good on dry roads but slippery on wet roads. The flexible grooves give a nice toe off and a smooth transition and feels better at hard efforts or reps. In summary, the Saucony Kinvara 13 remains a running shoe with classic and effective cushioning for performance on fast runs. No more, no less.

Lighter: It goes from 7.5 oz or 213 g (in US M 9) to 7.2 oz or 204 g because of its trimmed-down upper. Of course, with very little carbon rubber on the outsole, the midsole will shred fast. I think a part of me is disappointed to admit that plated daily trainers ( Saucony Endorphin Speed 2 and the Mizuno Wave Rebellion) have spoiled me a bit. I mean, you can now train in plates and race in plates. Still, it’s nice to occasionally return to a lightweight, no-frills trainer that I’d always choose over the Ghost or Ride or Mach. Just kidding about that last one.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment