276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bibi, My Story

£12.5£25.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Offering an unflinching account of a life, a own circle of relatives, and a nation, Netanyahu writes from the heart and embraces controversy head-on. Steely and funny, excessive pace and complete of verve, this autobiography will stand as a defining testament to the cost of political conviction and personal courage. About bibi my story pdf by benjamin netanyahu Book Name This is a fantastic book, both in its historic and current affairs of the Israeli nation and the life (up to 2022) of its brilliant Prime Minister. Bibi Netanyahu is the longest serving Prime Minister of Israel (15 years) and is the first Prime Minister to be born in Israel after the establishment of the state of Israel in 1948. He served as Prime Minister from 1996-1999 (during the Clinton administration) and from 2009-2021 (during the Obama, Trump and Biden administrations, and has served as Prime Minister again since December 2022. This book includes very interesting anecdotes of Bibi’s personal relationships and political negotiations with each of these presidents, as well as his negotiations with key players for the Palestinians and the Arab states. He is candid about the mistakes he made in his tenure as Prime Minister as well as his successes. Netanyahu is the rare politician who never goes off-message. Nearly every politician, once you switch off the cameras and recording devices and close the reporter’s notebook, allow themselves to relax and switch out of campaigning mode. That’s when you might hear from them a few revealing words or see a different character, which sadly you can’t use in your reports. With Netanyahu that rarely if ever happens. His off-record persona is nearly identical to his on-record. He has the rare ability to fully convince himself of his political message, even if the message has changed. And his book reflects that perfectly. There was certainly a point towards the end of 2021, when the new Bennett-Lapid government which had seemed so precarious from the start, looked like it may actually survive a while longer, after passing the state budget in November, when Netanyahu instructed his lawyers to start negotiations with the attorney-general over a possible plea bargain. That would have meant him receiving a reduced sentence in his long-going corruption case which at the very least would have barred him from running again for office for years to come. But the talks came to nothing and then the government lost its majority in early April and things began to look a lot different.

Bibi by Benjamin Netanyahu | Waterstones

Netanyahu says he understands Putin’s resentments: “The opening up of Russia …revealed that Russia had fallen hopelessly behind the west.” Netanyahu avoids comment on American domestic politics, including Trump’s refusal to accept his defeat by Joe Biden, his lies about electoral fraud and his incitement of the US Capitol riot of 6 January 2021. Bibi Netanyahu: Yeah it is, because of the nature of the regime. Not only the power it amasses, but you know, Napoleon says power is mass times volition, times will.After a stunning victory, Netanyahu is returning as Israel’s next prime minister . . . Now, therefore, is the perfect moment to take a closer look at who Netanyahu really is . . . not your run-of-the-million campaign autobiography, most of which are tedious and boring and not worth the paper they are printed on . . . This is an incredibly well-written, captivating – at times, spell-binding – account of his triumphs and trials. And it is a must read for every Evangelical who loves Israel and prays for the peace of Jerusalem.”

Bibi: My Story by Benjamin Netanyahu | Goodreads Bibi: My Story by Benjamin Netanyahu | Goodreads

Washington is watching, particularly if Jewish supremacists should enter the government. One seeks appointment as defense minister. Bibi Netanyahu: Yes, exactly, exactly, he was writing. So you would agree that for a political figure, where words are your fundamental medium for persuading your public, for persuading your citizens, you think things through in writing? From the opening chapters to Bibi: My Story, I did not like the title. This is neither a simple nor sterile personal political biography. Netanyahu’s account is foundationally a love story that spans thousands of years. I’m not talking about men and women, as women come and go throughout the lives of Bibi and his brothers (after all, he is on his third marriage!). Netanyahu remains tight lipped about courtships, marriages, divorces, and how births expanded their family, merely reporting in brief rational paragraphs that they occurred.

Book Review | Bibi: My Story

Netanyahu offers colorful, detailed, and revealing bills of his regularly turbulent relationships and negotiations with Presidents Clinton, Obama, and Trump. With eye-beginning candor, he delves into the returned channels of high diplomacy—inclusive of his battle in opposition to the radical forces that threaten Israel and the arena at large, and the decisive activities that brought about Israel`s groundbreaking 2020 peace agreements with 4 Arab states. If we get a lot of mandates, we will have the legitimacy to demand significant portfolios such as the defense and the treasury,” Bezalel Smotrich, head of the far-right Religious Zionism party, declares. Bibi Netanyahu: Yes, but you actually should conflate that with the idea of learning, because before I became Prime Minister, I asked my father, who was truly a greatest historian, totally- But the most interesting part of the book are his discussions about policy and diplomacy - in his quest to protect the future of Israel. He provided detailed policy considerations for why, for example, he spoke to the US Congress against the JCPOA that was being negotiated by Obama with Iran. And he also provided lots of details about his negotiations with Obama with regard to the Palestinian conflict. As always the consummate diplomat, he was very respectful of the differences he shared with Obama on policy.

Bibi: My Story Fathom – Book Review | Bibi: My Story

But, like all autobiographies, it can get a bit tedious because of the details. However, it is better to have them and be able to reference them than to not have them and have an incomplete picture. Peter Robinson: Exactly, exactly. But even without the nuclear program, Iran has the oldest drone program in the Middle East. It has the biggest arsenal of ballistic weapons in the Middle East, this is an assessment by the American DIA, Defense Intelligence Agency, which calls Iran's arsenal, quote, "The largest and most diverse ballistic arsenal in the Middle East, with a substantial inventory of missiles that can strike targets throughout the region." Throughout the region means here. Now let me go to a recent article by Michael Doran and Can Kasapoglu in "The Tablet". "American and its allies spend more money," its allies meaning you, "spend more money, tens or hundreds of times more, to down Iranian missiles and drones than it costs Iran to build and launch them. More importantly, some of Iran's missiles and drones will inevitably break through." They argue in "The Tablet" that Iran is achieving overmatch, that is the moment when offensive capabilities can simply smother defensive capabilities. And they write, quote, "Defensive systems alone cannot reverse overmatch. Offensive countermeasures are the sole means to restore the balance," close quote. So what they argue, what really intelligent people who are paying attention argue is, even without its nuclear problem, Iran is a grave threat. Is that correct? Though each US Presidential Administration from President Truman on is discussed, the climax of the narrative comes in Chapter 54, fittingly titled “Never Again,” where Mr. Netanyahu gives his 2016 speech before the United States Congress in opposition to the Obama Administration’s disastrous Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) with Iran. The Prime Minister provides excerpts in the text, but I recommend watching the entire speech for yourself. In this link, Mr. Netanyahu enters the chamber at 22:32, and begins speaking at 26:49 after a brief appearance on screen of his wife, Sara.Peter Robinson: So let me try a thought out on you. This is, I'm not sure, I'm not at all sure I'm right about this, but it strikes me as plausible. I'd like to hear what you make of it. Observation about American strategy. Since at least the Civil War, the American way of war has relied on superior materiel. Grant just grinds down Robert E. Lee, and that's how the Civil War ends. And in the Second World War-

BIBI | Kirkus Reviews BIBI | Kirkus Reviews

Peter Robinson: What gave you the intellectual courage to think such, not only independent, but almost, in an ideological sense, almost treasonous thoughts.Bibi Netanyahu: Oh yeah, very much so. Because I want to assure, to the extent you can assure, it's potency, it's permanence, it's power, at least for the coming decades, and I think it's possible.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment