276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Night Terrors: Troubled Sleep and the Stories We Tell About It

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Gisele Bundchen showcases her toned tummy as she and rumored boyfriend Joaquim Valente enjoy Costa Rica getaway with her children In my immediate future, I’m really hoping that my book gets people talking about their experiences of troubled sleep. I’ve already done a couple of events, and it has been wonderful to hear people come up and tell me about the things they’ve also suffered with at night. More broadly, though, I think there will be much more research undertaken in terms of lucid dreaming and the ways it could benefit people’s mental health. In fiction, I think parasomnias will always be a trope of the horror genre, but I also think we’ll start to see some of these “spooky” conditions appear in literary fiction, affecting the lives of everyday people who aren’t being chased by monsters or ghosts! Inside Brad Pitt's HQ of broken dreams in New Orleans: Hollywood star's nonprofit office in shambles following years of legal battles

AS READ ON BBC RADIO 4 BOOK OF THE WEEK IN DECEMBER 2022 **'Curious, lively, humble, utterly genuine ... a remarkable debut.' SUNDAY TIMESAlice Vernon often wakes up to find strangers in her bedroom. Ever since she was a child, her nights have been haunted by nightmares of a figure from her adolescence, sinister hallucinations and episodes of sleepwalking. I'm A Celebrity's Nella Rose insists she andFred Sirieix are pals again after sheFUMED at First Dates star for 'disrespectful' jibe 'about her late dad' Strictly fans AGREE with Shirley Balls as she 'rips Layton Williams to shreds' by insisting actor finds American Smooth 'difficult' Dan Walker is seen for the first time after detailing his horror cancer scare as he arrives at Strictly studios to watch BBC showBeauty fans race to buy new ceramide-rich skincare line that's so effective fine lines virtually DISAPPEAR: 'Have noticed results after using it morning and night' Shia LaBeouf's daughter Isabel, one, flashes a sweet smile as he pushes her in a stroller through Pasadena

When aspiring foreign correspondent Virginia Cowles turned up to report on the Spanish civil war in 1937, she was a 26-year-old Boston debutante in heels. Over the next few years she would report from Paris as it fell to the Nazis, London on the first day of the blitz, and Berlin on the day Germany invaded Poland. She liked to say that her only qualification was curiosity, but as this timely reissue of her bestselling 1941 memoir proves, she also had courage, tenacity and a flair for observation. A penchant for name-dropping only makes it more irresistible. In the Victorian era, as interest in the mind and consciousness grew, criminal cases involving supposed sleepwalkers were treated with new ideas about culpability. In 1876, a woman experiencing a delusional, sleepwalking state, believed her baby’s hand to be a loaf of bread and cut it off. The baby didn’t survive. During the trial, however, the jury were so convinced that the woman was not in control of herself that a radical verdict was used for the first time: not guilty on grounds of unconsciousness. Christina Aguilera gets rained out in Melbourne as the American superstar belts out her mega hits at Always Live festival Demi Lovato braves VERY heavy snowfall as she headlines the Top Of The Mountain Opening Concert in Austria

Other Clients

The changing face of Doctor Who and his companions: Your ultimate guide to every Time Lord for the 60th anniversary Night Terrors, her startling and vivid debut, examines the history of our relationship with bad dreams: how we've tried to make sense of and treat them, from some decidedly odd 'cures' like magical 'mare-stones', to research on how video games might help people rewrite their dreams.

Dracula’, ‘Jane Eyre’ and the Brother Cadfael mysteries all make reference to parasomnias, as does Shakespeare’s ‘Macbeth’. Dean McDermott reveals he spent Thanksgiving at sober living facility and NOT with Tori Spelling and their kidsWe are mysterious creatures, to others and ourselves. How to explain the creative brainstorms, harebrained schemes, and shudder-causing evil thoughts that suddenly appear in our normally quite sane brains? Why did evolution provide us with consciousness? And, pray tell, WTF are dreams?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment