276°
Posted 20 hours ago

PREMIER SEEDS DIRECT Sunflower - Autumn Beauty - 160 Finest Seeds

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It really is hard to beat the incredible beauty and elegance sunflowers bring to your landscape. From tall to small, big to large, and everything in between, the stately sunflower can be found in a vast variety of colors and sizes. From massive sunflowers that tower along a barn or fence row, to a myriad of mid-size and miniature varieties that can fill flowerbeds and containers with vibrant color, there is a sunflower to grow for every space and place. What is very obvious about this too is that each head is on quite a long independent stem coming away from the main stem of the plant. If you are looking for a sunflower variety to harvest large amounts of seed, this is certainly a top choice. They are perfect for growing along a fence row, or up against a barn or building. The stalks are fast growing and extremely woody and strong. Seed Link : Mammoth Grey Sunflower Seeds Skyscraper Sunflower

Now I have no idea what this sunflower is, I thought it was just going to be a regular giant sunflower so was pretty surprised when I saw multiple flower heads forming.Here is a multi-headed sunflower currently growing away on my allotment. The other flower heads haven’t quite opened yet but you can clearly see all of the flower buds. Sunflower On My Allotment With Multiple Heads Other differences I have found with this particular sunflower are its size and also appearance of the flower.

Planting sunflowers in your landscape is like growing your own little slice of sunshine and happiness! The big seed companies take lots of special steps to make sure that the hybrids they sell are only fertilised in a certain way so they remain the same as the parent plant. This is impossible when growing sunflowers out in your garden or allotment. Conclusion

8. Storing and Using Your Harvest

Vanilla ice produces florist-quality blooms in large clusters of light yellow and cream flowers with deep chocolate eyes on plants 5-6′. This seed was given to my daughter from her nursery as a fun activity for her to do so I really don’t know too much about it.

The seeds also happen to a be a favorite of birds and wildlife, and can be left on the heads to help feed through the cold winter months. Seed Link: Autumn Beauty Sunflower Growing Sunflowers In Pots & Containers A sunflower seed beginning to sprout through the earth. Growing sunflowers is not only easy, it can provide a valuable food source for birds, wildlife, and you! A model for the pattern of florets in the head of a sunflower was proposed by H. Vogel in 1979. [17] This is expressed in polar coordinates r = c n , {\displaystyle r=c{\sqrt {n}},} θ = n × 137.5 ∘ , {\displaystyle \theta =n\times 137.5But beyond their stunning beauty, sunflowers also lend a helping hand to other plants in your landscape. Their gorgeous big blooms are more than just eye-catching to humans, they also attract large numbers of honey bees and bumble bees. This is another way that you can get multi-headed sunflowers. If you save the seed and grow new sunflowers from these seeds then you can get all sorts of exciting results. Sunflowers are becoming more popular than ever for growing in home gardens and flowerbeds. They are also finding their way into containers and pots to help brighten up porches and patios with stunning color. The Italian white sunflower’s creamy petal and stoic looks go great anywhere in the landscape. They also make for a stunning cut flower in vases. So you are happily growing a sunflower, expecting one giant flower head but then notice multiple flower heads budding and appearing on your plant. What exactly is going on? Why do you have a multi-headed sunflower? Multi Headed Sunflowers So, what’s Going On?

The plant has an erect rough-hairy stem, reaching typical heights of 3 metres (10 feet). The tallest sunflower on record achieved 9.17m (30ft 1in). [3] Sunflower leaves are broad, coarsely toothed, rough and mostly alternate; those near the bottom are largest and commonly heart-shaped. [4] Flower [ edit ] That is what has most probably happened, but there are also certain factors that can, very rarely, cause a regular giant sunflower to produce multiple flower heads.When growth of the flower stalk stops and the flower is mature, the heliotropism also stops and the flower faces east from that moment onward. This eastward orientation allows rapid warming in the morning and, as a result, an increase in pollinator visits. [9] Sunflowers do not have a pulvinus below their inflorescence. A pulvinus is a flexible segment in the leaf stalks (petiole) of some plant species and functions as a 'joint'. It effectuates leaf motion due to reversible changes in turgor pressure, which occurs without growth. The sensitive plant's closing leaves are a good example of reversible leaf movement via pulvinuli. I must say that I do quite like it and if I was to grow sunflowers as a cut flower then this would definitely be a better choice over a standard giant sunflower.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment