276°
Posted 20 hours ago

FLEETWOOD MAC - SONGBIRDS KEEP SINGING: 3 CD SET

£2.375£4.75Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Taylor from Bronx, NyI love cover versions...and I like when they differ from the originals, as I like to hear other people interpret good music. Eva Cassidy's version is very lovely and I will definitely add it to my rotation...thanks for that. However, Christine's version is still the best. I agree that the original recording had an emotionality to it that so far, I've never heard matched...by anyone else or even when I saw FM perform it live.

But nowadays, COVID restrictions have loosened up, and a lot of people are returning to work in their office. So, many of them sell their jambul, matah puteh, or they put them up for adoption.” Our feathered pals seem happy, but are they? is reviewed between 08.30 to 16.30 Monday to Friday. We're experiencing a high volume of enquiries so it may take us The Veery song is even more interesting at quarter speed: https://academy.allaboutbirds.org/wp-content/uploads/Veery_MacaulayLibrary27193_quarterspeed.mp3 Song recording Randolph Little/Macaulay Library ML#27193 When songbirds are kept in captivity, Joe notices they are prone to fear and distress. “Every time someone comes near the cage, you can see that they will try to flee because they don’t know what’s coming. They are stressed.”Each bird has its own character, and that’s what makes the bird more interesting and beautiful to me,” says a young man named Yusof Muhammad, one of the songbird enthusiasts preparing for the competition. Muhammad says he only keeps white-rumped shamas because, “they have a lot of melody and a beautiful sound.” Mike from Washington, DcThe timbre of Christine's voice gives it layer of melancholy-informed-by-experience that I find very intimate and touching. But there is no denying that Eva does a sterling version with an incredible talent that aims higher than mere mimicry-- and succeeds in its own fashion. Both are jewels.

The nearby kopitiam buzzes with the convivial chatter of birdmen in an assortment of languages and dialects. They are mostly older folks—millennial birdmen are few and far between. The youngest are in their forties, and only a handful know of young adults with a keen interest in songbirds—if any at all. Lee is optimistic that by working with songbird hobbyists, more inroads can be made to protect vulnerable species. “Singaporeans are very educated nowadays about conservation. They know how to value nature,” she says. “Songbird keepers can positively affect demand and supply by purchasing their birds from sustainable sources and promoting species of canaries, finches, or doves that are already well established in captivity.” Zebra doves and their owners await the start of competition at Singapore’s Kebun Baru Birdsinging Club in 2019. Edgar Su/ReutersSuthers, R. A., Vallet, E. & Kreutzer, M. (2012) Bilateral coordination and the motor basis of female preference for sexual signals in canary song. Journal of Experimental Biology. 215: 2950-2959. She is saying that she would give him everything. All of the love in the world, if she could. She is also trying to give him all of the love from herself because it hurts her so much to care for someone this deeply. In these newer estates like Punggol, Sengkang, and Hougang, you cannot keep birds because a lot of younger residents will complain. But most of the residents in the older HDB estates, like Woodlands, Choa Chu Kang, Ang Mo Kio, are from the older generation, so they understand the significance of this hobby,” he said. A caged songbird near a kopitiam in the Kebun Baru estate. It’s a quiet Sunday morning, and an unassuming corner of Ang Mo Kio Blk 159 slowly comes to life. The carpark near Kebun Baru Bird Singing Club starts to fill up with cars of all shapes, colours, models, and make, carrying precious melodious cargo—songbirds. They perch in cages, some more ornate than others, fleeting this way and that, as if warming up for an overture in three movements. Until fairly recently it was thought that light pollution from street lighting and office buildings was the main reason for birds singing late into the night and early morning.

Amongst the crowd, I catch glimpses of several younger faces. In their early 30s, these apprentice birdmen reflect a glimmer of hope in the narrowing future of this tradition.

Our website is currently unavailable

A number of our readers have written to us to let us know that they have been woken up during the night by bird song. Even if the bird calls sound nice to us, it could be a call of distress rather than a happy song since we don’t understand the bird language.” A tradition forever preserved—hopefully Our results suggest that songbird ownership in Singapore exists within a complex social network ( Fig. 5), with the community centred around hanging spots being a highly influential driver, starting with friends and family members who influenced survey respondents to take up bird-keeping. An amalgamation of physical (hanging spots), virtual (online marketplaces), commercial (bird shops) and socio-cultural factors are interwoven within the community, driving the demand for songbird ownership ( Fig. 5). Bird shops, cagebird hanging spots and other informal gathering spaces (e.g. coffeeshops) serve as important social spaces to motivate, connect and bond the songbird community about their pet birds ( Fig. 5; Layton Reference Layton1991, Lai Reference Lai2010), more so for the older individuals that make up the majority of songbird users in Singapore, and can be expected to bond at physical gatherings and events. In contrast, parrot-keeping in Singapore attracts more youth perhaps because it is portrayed as a ‘fashionable hobby’ by the media (Jain et al. Reference Jain, Aloysius, Lim, Plowden, Yong, Lee and Phelps2021). Equally, the average age of songbird owners in Indonesia is also somewhat lower at approximately 40 years (Burivalova et al. Reference Burivalova, Lee, Hua, Lee, Prawiradilaga and Wilcove2017), implying that songbird keeping in Singapore may not be as fashionable anymore.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment