276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Drinking Custard: The Diary of a Confused Mum

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Eggnog, on the other hand, is quite fluidy as it hasn’t been heated. Is boiled custard a southern thing?

Custard powder contains phosphorus, which is a nutrient involved in multiple roles in the body. It is a key mineral of bones, teeth, and cell membranes. Hence, it is crucial for your baby’s development. I did find some parts a little too repetitive. There was also random parts that seemed unnecessary, the main one was the location, location, location part about kirsty and Phil it just didn't make sense?!You can add some spices if you like - cinnamon, nutmeg, etc... but I like it pure and simple. If I want it spiced, I'll drink eggnog! The end felt rushed and confused and I started to dislike her as a person. If you find statements funny which say her daughter meant to say presents instead of peasants, then adding “I died for a minute as we do have a gardener”, this may be for you. By the end I found her patronising, smug, and the snob she admitted she was, who enjoyed rubbing our faces in what the book royalties paid for. I love to see and congratulate success, as with their TV work - I don’t like it forced on my eyes or down my throat. Not for me and deters me from other books by her. I enjoyed Jon’s footnotes more although others dislike them. I did finish it though and will add I am not a mum. Perhaps parents find it more humourous rather than just a diatribe about her life and child. If your mantra is “children are like bodily smells - your own are ok but other people’s are distasteful”, I suggest you avoid.

Chocolate fairy cakes with Amarula buttercream – these little beauties are just divine. The cakes are so light, moist and tasty, while the buttercream – with the addition of the secret ingredient Amarula – has to be tasted to be believed. bookstagram #bookstagramming #bookstagrammer #bookstagramuk #ukbookstagram #hereforthereads #bookish #bookworm #booknerd #bookcollector #tbr #books #booksbooksbooks #bibliophile #lucybeaumont #drinkingcustard #octopuspublishing #netgalley #newtobookstagram I give Drinking Custard Diary Of A Confused Mum By Lucy Beaumont (With interruptions from Jon Richardson) a Five out of Five paw rating. They proceeded to ladle out cupfuls of hot drinking custard for each of us. We were surprised but grateful!Variations: Can use bourbon, whiskey, or rum each alone, or in combination with sherry, cognac, or brandy, if desired. This was my first ever audiobook and it was an easy one to start with! Before starting this I didn't know anything about Lucy Beaumont or Jon Richardson so I went into it totally blind. Lucy’s voice is warm and relatable, and I couldn’t help hearing it in her voice as I read, and the corrections and clarifications from Jon Richardson set the tone early on. They seem like a nice couple when they’re on TV things, and that comes across here too. So many hilarious situations, I loved the ‘playgroup’ stories and the real life Elsa for Elsie’s birthday but there are countless others to choose from, if I listed them all I would be retelling the whole book

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment